Brief Synopsis!!! (Bradford) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Bradford)

Sep 6, 2006
Sharpy1331":3km5qwva said:
They didn’t get him into the game!? The players hardly passed the ball to him! What do you expect him to do? Run rings round Bradfords 11 and pop it in the top corner. Again, someone who is clueless @jay_smithy

Exactly. He was on for 10 minutes but of course it's his fault.

Mar 23, 2008
Two poor teams who cannot defend made for an entertaining game. Unless we get our defence sorted, we are down. The bright spark was some good passing and Fred with two more goals. A very depressing helpless feeling at Argyle these days, that the manager is indestructible and we as fans don't matter anymore, sad times.

Aug 11, 2013
Not sure where the out of the blue Edwards selection came from but his feet look like they’re stuck in comedy treacle if anyone with pace knocks it past him. Sorry - that’s enough chances now. Needs to move on. What’s totally bizarre is Peter Grant played really well before losing his place undeservedly. Think that maybe the only combination not yet tried. ASB looks tidy but is not great defensively. Riley looks like he was once a great player but struggles with pace and stamina and his crosses and passes are shocking. Macey is all over the place if put under any pressure with his kicking. Canavan had his worst game today after looking effective previously. To say the defending was keystone cops would be an insult to the keystone cops. I loved the earlier post referring to the Benny Hill music.

Somehow we got a point but upon equalising with 15 to go most Home teams would have momentum and put the away team under immense pressure but after equalising we saw little of the ball. Think this was partly down to playing Taylor and Freddy up front. This leaves us weak in midfield and we are poorer for that setup.

Carey was poor again and if there were fairness at HP Lamieras would get the nod. Unfortunately DA has his undroppable favourites which must surely affect team spirit.

Atmosphere at HP has never been flatter but that’s because we never ever get a grip of the game. Second half started slowly and flat yet again. The crowd try and get going but there are too many disappointing decisions on the pitch leaving everyone grating their teeth.

I have consistently supported DA but some of his decisions were baffling today. I personally would have taken off Edwards and brought on Lamieras. Bringing on Taylor ruined our shape and seemed to concede possession to them.

My nerves are totally shattered. We need a complete new back 4 goalkeeper. Foxy’s successor needs to be identified. Sarc is not for me any longer. Neither is Ness.

Taylor Ladapo Lamieras Carey and Yann (just) are the only starters I think are up to league 1 football.

Sep 6, 2006
Carey was poor again?!! What game were you watching? He drove us forward time and time again, hit the post and had 2 assists. According to you we need not just a new defence but Midfield too! You reckon Peter Grant was good but didn't name him as one to keep. I think you are a poor judge. Peter Grant looked to me what he is. A lower league Scottish player.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2nta94gf said:
Carey was poor again?!! What game were you watching? He drove us forward time and time again, hit the post and had 2 assists. According to you we need not just a new defence but Midfield too! You reckon Peter Grant was good but didn't name him as one to keep. I think you are a poor judge. Peter Grant looked to me what he is. A lower league Scottish player.

Peter Grant isn't anything special but I think he's more competent than any of the other CBs on our books.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
pedro91":3ojgvjzj said:
oddball":3ojgvjzj said:
Two very poor teams who no doubt on today's showing will both be in division 2 next season.Argyle are not going to win many matches with defending like today.....
No Xmas card from 1984 for you AL!!!!

Baz, you moan about bullying comments to you, yet you (again) bring Paul into a post.

Please pack it in.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
jay_smithy":ysui1849 said:
Sharpy1331":ysui1849 said:
jay_smithy":ysui1849 said:
Everyone was saying we were down by Xmas last year and then look what happened!

Sort the defence out in January with a couple of signings and watch us climb the table...
That’s whole new back four and a keeper then!? Dillusional. The team this year is not good enough to bounce back like we did last year.

We signed Vyner last year and got Matthews back and players returned from injuries/suspensions and we climbed the table. Sort the defence out in January, bring in a pacy centre back and a RB (try and get threlkeld back,) play sawyer at LB once fully fit and we climb up the table.

Interesting that we have scored more goals than the teams in 10th, 11th and 12th and nearly the same as 8th...

Time will tell

Do you really think that Oscar would ever play for Mr Adams again?

Sep 6, 2006
Tugboat":2j3kng3p said:
In every honesty, 10 of that 18 man squad could leave tomorrow and we’d be no worse off.

I don't know. Think we might struggle with eight men. I know the full backs only count as half each.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Taylor Ladapo Lamieras Carey and Yann (just) are the only starters I think are up to league 1 football.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Build the team around these players.

Taylor
Ladapo Lameiras Carey
Songo'o New CM

New Defence

New GK

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Balham_Green":24983q9f said:

Agree completely about Carey. Can't believe some of the comments and ratings for him today - he was very good and my MoM.

Also agree about Peter Grant - honest as they come but should be bench at best at this level.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Concentrate on the passing and attacking Paul, far better place to be.