Brief Synopsis!!! (Bristol Rovers) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Bristol Rovers)

Sep 6, 2006
slingsby_pobble":27ur1hy7 said:
A few observations from my viewpoint:

- People rating Tea Kettle fairly high but he looked petty and got a lot of decisions plain wrong. I didn't see the Barton thing but Lowe got a yellow last week, means FA.

- Scoring early really changed the team. Suddenly passes were sticking and we were much more adventurous going forwards. I like to think the new formation helped but I'm definitely no expert in this.

- Ennis just brilliant. So lively and so difficult for the Rovers defenders. I wish we could have him next season as well but I feel certain Wolves will recall either to sell or to keep in their squad.

- Why did Lowe take Ennis off when he was on a hat-trick? I'd have thought it better to leave him on in case he got a third but since we won 2-0 I'll bow to his greater knowledge.

- I was also thinking Lowe ought to sub Opoku in 2nd half just because of danger of 2nd yellow. Fair play to Opoku though, he played really well all match.

- A great showing from Cooper at a critical time. He'll have a much harder time at Blackpool so I'm hoping today's clean sheet will help with his confidence.

- Quiet game from Mayor, he did a few tricksy dribbles to the goal line in first half but faded. I hope this is a sign the team can still function well if our only playmaker is having a so-so game, or is absent.

- Overall I think Rovers might feel a bit hard done by. But we felt the same after our 2-0 defeat v MK where we hit the woodwork and missed by fine margins. About time the luck turned for us, and it did today, although Ennis surely MoM.

Why would Rovers feel hard done by? I don't get it. We hit the bar and had a couple of other good chances

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Steve Evans":284xm6il said:
really happy with this win against a dangerous forward line.ennis absolutely faultless.my ratings;
Michael Cooper - 7
Will Aimson - 7
Tyrese Fornah - 7
Jerome Opoku - 7
Joe Edwards - 7
Conor Grant - 7
Adam Lewis - 8
Panutche Camara - 6
Danny Mayor - 6
Luke Jephcott - 8
Niall Ennis - 10

I’d give Ennis a 9 out of 10, but would have been a 10 had his shot that hit the crossbar been 3/4 inches lower.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
demportdave":11kdxynp said:
I'd rather that Watts came back in if he is fit.

He's left-footed like Opoku and is a better footballer than Woods, which is what will be required if he is marking Jerry Yates next week.

Isn’t Watts injured tho? Not sure how bad mind so could be fit for Sat.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
briangreen":1c8hlvmk said:
Be interesting to see what happens when George Cooper is fit again, but I suppose Lewis will have returned back to Liverpool by then...
His precise crosses today were George Cooper-esque.

In fact, he did put in some decent crosses in the Ipswich game but he was unlikely to be praised for that after his early error.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
davie nine":qlfky2w5 said:
slingsby_pobble":qlfky2w5 said:
I am both mistaken and pleased. Praying he doesn't get injured then!
Ennis was probably subbed to avoid the risk of a second booking.

We are already without Jephcott and Opoku at Blackpool so no point in risking losing Ennis too.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":khh44ub1 said:
slingsby_pobble":khh44ub1 said:
A few observations from my viewpoint:

- People rating Tea Kettle fairly high but he looked petty and got a lot of decisions plain wrong. I didn't see the Barton thing but Lowe got a yellow last week, means FA.

- Scoring early really changed the team. Suddenly passes were sticking and we were much more adventurous going forwards. I like to think the new formation helped but I'm definitely no expert in this.

- Ennis just brilliant. So lively and so difficult for the Rovers defenders. I wish we could have him next season as well but I feel certain Wolves will recall either to sell or to keep in their squad.

- Why did Lowe take Ennis off when he was on a hat-trick? I'd have thought it better to leave him on in case he got a third but since we won 2-0 I'll bow to his greater knowledge.

- I was also thinking Lowe ought to sub Opoku in 2nd half just because of danger of 2nd yellow. Fair play to Opoku though, he played really well all match.

- A great showing from Cooper at a critical time. He'll have a much harder time at Blackpool so I'm hoping today's clean sheet will help with his confidence.

- Quiet game from Mayor, he did a few tricksy dribbles to the goal line in first half but faded. I hope this is a sign the team can still function well if our only playmaker is having a so-so game, or is absent.

- Overall I think Rovers might feel a bit hard done by. But we felt the same after our 2-0 defeat v MK where we hit the woodwork and missed by fine margins. About time the luck turned for us, and it did today, although Ennis surely MoM.

Can I make your evening by telling you that Ennis signed a 2.5 year permanent contract on transfer from Wolves in Jan 2001 window. They might have a first option on a transfer away from Argyle, and a possible % share of any fee, but that is the best Wolves can achieve! Feel blessed
As an 18 month old lad? :shock: ;)

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Total team performance today from minute 1 to full time

The Gas set up to exploit our infamous fragile defence with numerous high balls into the box- but Coops punched,catched,claimed whatever came is way & his confidence grew as the game progressed

For the 1st time in a long time the defence were switched on from the kick off- Jerome had Hanlan in is pocket all game - so much so he got booked & is now suspended but the determination when defending to keep the backdoor shut showed the character,desire that had not been noticeable in the last couple of games- maybe it was because we scored 1st & the boys mindset was to get the 2nd & put the game to bed .

Niall what a player, skill, decision making & 2 beautifully taken goals after Conor & Adam combined

We seemed to play today with more urgency but the tippy,tappy over playing rinse repeat was replaced with crisper,sharper passing & not to many aimless long balls

The Gas were very good at the physical,cynical drawing of fouls to get free kicks to move further up the pitch but our decision making & commitment to stop goal scoring opportunities coupled with the players encouraging each other ensured as a unit they stayed strong

I was pleased to see Adam Lewis redeem himself after last weeks moment of madness & the crosses he delivered were sublime

Overall a good day to be green & the cherry on top was Joey Barton getting booked after the final whistle

Blackpool next Saturday will be a totally different kettle of fish but the boys have a free week to fine tune the system - but with Luke & Jerome not available it will give RL food for thought :scarf:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
davie nine":2klkmgn6 said:
briangreen":2klkmgn6 said:
Be interesting to see what happens when George Cooper is fit again, but I suppose Lewis will have returned back to Liverpool by then...

In fact, he did put in some decent crosses in the Ipswich game but he was unlikely to be praised for that after his early error.

"Cooperesque" - hardly, they were decent balls in that we scored from. They didn't hit row Z or the far touch line without anyone else being involved.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Mark Pedlar":1rqczk1k said:
davie nine":1rqczk1k said:
briangreen":1rqczk1k said:

"Cooperesque" - hardly, they were decent balls in that we scored from. They didn't hit row Z or the far touch line without anyone else being involved.
I thought that 12 assists in 2019/20 was quite good. Crosses didn’t all end in row Z.

Nov 11, 2020
I was pleased to see a more direct approach. Some immediate crossing rather than trying to walk it in. With Mayor less involved others stepped up. Even Fornah ventured forwards!! Aimson back in his natural position showed what he can do. So at least we seem to have a plan b, at long last.

Jul 3, 2013
The players deserve a lot of credit for the way in which they responded to recent performance, especially Grant and Lewis who were outstanding after very weak games in the week (despite that wonder goal)

Ennis and Cooper are our prized assets and will earn the club some serious dollar in the long term.

The effort put in througout by all the players was outstanding and puts to ben any questions that some were saying about being on the beach already and not ahowing any fight.

Jun 27, 2019
davie nine":18quk6hb said:
Mark Pedlar":18quk6hb said:
davie nine":18quk6hb said:
briangreen":18quk6hb said:

I thought that 12 assists in 2019/20 was quite good. Crosses didn’t all end in row Z.

Don't let actual evidence get in the way of someone's hard-wired bias against a player, Davie.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
WoodsyGreen":311b7le5 said:
davie nine":311b7le5 said:
Mark Pedlar":311b7le5 said:
davie nine":311b7le5 said:
briangreen":311b7le5 said:

Don't let actual evidence get in the way of someone's hard-wired bias against a player, Davie.

Connor Grant has our leading number of assists playing mostly in a similar role and according to a few on here his crossing is atrocious. Coops got a number of assists that's true but his percentage of crosses that caused mayhem for the opposition defence I suspect is much lower than what we have seen from Lewis so far.

As for being "hard wired" against Cooper - spectacularly wrong. He's not a wing-back though is he?