Brief Synopsis!!! (Cambridge) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Cambridge)

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Nobby":hlsimblj said:
Dan Ellard":hlsimblj said:
Presto":hlsimblj said:
Yet another boring Saturday pm at Home Park. Usual story of possession football with zero capability of scoring goals.

That was the first time since September that we've failed to score at home in the league, so I wouldn't call it the "usual story"...

Only two teams have scored more at home than us this season. The original post is just melodramatic.

I wonder whether Presto was there for the previous 'boring Saturday pm at Home Park' versus Crewe. What a snooze fest that was! :funny:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We needed Taylor yesterday.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Nobby":1kk0g5r6 said:
Dan Ellard":1kk0g5r6 said:
Presto":1kk0g5r6 said:
Yet another boring Saturday pm at Home Park. Usual story of possession football with zero capability of scoring goals.

That was the first time since September that we've failed to score at home in the league, so I wouldn't call it the "usual story"...

Only two teams have scored more at home than us this season. The original post is just melodramatic.
Metal_Green_Mickey":1kk0g5r6 said:
Tugboat":1kk0g5r6 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1kk0g5r6 said:
Tugboat":1kk0g5r6 said:
I’m a little perplexed.

Whilst I’d admit it wasn’t a master piece of football it certainly wasn’t as bad as some are making out.

Maybe the standards have gone up that much?

Maybe.

It's about opinions.

For example, some say that was a good first half performance. However, we simply didn't get enough shots away and test their keeper.

I think we look disjointed. We don't have someone to be the orchestrator. We could remove a forward and put Cooper there to be this guy. However, my concern is how rigid we are with this 3-5-2 formation.

My real concern though is the way we give the ball away in stupid positions.
Agree with dropping a striker for a ‘in the hole’ midfielder. We need someone on the edge of the box for second ball pickups from crosses.

We had a game plan of wing play and balls in the box but it was all to easily defended.

If grants out for the next game then Edwards has to fill in at CDM. Move Moore WB and Telford up front.

Randell in CM

I think playing 3-5-1-1 solves some of the issues we have.

It allows us to retain the 3ATB.

It allows Cooper into the side where he can roam around the pitch.

It gives us more strength and options to pass in midfield.

Having two forwards currently in the team isn't benifitting this team as we don't hold onto pocession in areas of danger against opposition. Its OK stroking the ball around at the back but its not hurting anyone.

Having said all this Lowe hasn't changed formation for the start of games and l doubt will do it now.

You need so many decent technical players on the ball to execute this playing style and unfortunately as a team l don't think we just have those key positions sorted.

For example, Joe Edwards. I think he was brought in at the start of the season to play that CDM role and for whatever reason he isn't now the preferred option there. Now he is at RWB. He does an OK job there but all season we have lacked that creavity down that side like we do on the left.

This is why Lowe has done a decent job. That squad he has made play football and played a style the reverse of Adams style of football.

I hope should we fail to get promoted this season people stick with him. The philosophy isn't a bad one. It's just the execution as we seen today.
3 teams have scored more, 4 teams have conceded less and we are fourth in the League. You wouldn't know that from reading this. And to cap it all you "hope people stick with" our vibrant young manager who you dismiss as merely "decent".

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I think we have too many crabs in this team.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
memory man":2fs6tqk5 said:
Nobby":2fs6tqk5 said:
Dan Ellard":2fs6tqk5 said:
Presto":2fs6tqk5 said:

Metal_Green_Mickey":2fs6tqk5 said:
Tugboat":2fs6tqk5 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2fs6tqk5 said:
Tugboat":2fs6tqk5 said:
I’m a little perplexed.

Whilst I’d admit it wasn’t a master piece of football it certainly wasn’t as bad as some are making out.

Maybe the standards have gone up that much?

Maybe.

It's about opinions.

For example, some say that was a good first half performance. However, we simply didn't get enough shots away and test their keeper.

I think we look disjointed. We don't have someone to be the orchestrator. We could remove a forward and put Cooper there to be this guy. However, my concern is how rigid we are with this 3-5-2 formation.

My real concern though is the way we give the ball away in stupid positions.
Agree with dropping a striker for a ‘in the hole’ midfielder. We need someone on the edge of the box for second ball pickups from crosses.

We had a game plan of wing play and balls in the box but it was all to easily defended.

If grants out for the next game then Edwards has to fill in at CDM. Move Moore WB and Telford up front.

Randell in CM

I think playing 3-5-1-1 solves some of the issues we have.

It allows us to retain the 3ATB.

It allows Cooper into the side where he can roam around the pitch.

It gives us more strength and options to pass in midfield.

Having two forwards currently in the team isn't benifitting this team as we don't hold onto pocession in areas of danger against opposition. Its OK stroking the ball around at the back but its not hurting anyone.

Having said all this Lowe hasn't changed formation for the start of games and l doubt will do it now.

You need so many decent technical players on the ball to execute this playing style and unfortunately as a team l don't think we just have those key positions sorted.

For example, Joe Edwards. I think he was brought in at the start of the season to play that CDM role and for whatever reason he isn't now the preferred option there. Now he is at RWB. He does an OK job there but all season we have lacked that creavity down that side like we do on the left.

This is why Lowe has done a decent job. That squad he has made play football and played a style the reverse of Adams style of football.

I hope should we fail to get promoted this season people stick with him. The philosophy isn't a bad one. It's just the execution as we seen today.
3 teams have scored more, 4 teams have conceded less and we are fourth in the League. You wouldn't know that from reading this. And to cap it all you "hope people stick with" our vibrant young manager who you dismiss as merely "decent".

Unbelievable isn't it? I honestly do despair when I read some of the criticism on here. By all means, have an opinion, make a point, analyse, yes be critical where it's deserved...but base your opinions on facts. And have some balance, give credit where it's due. I really hope that the majority of comments here do not reflect the views of the fanbase as a whole.

Apr 5, 2008
Ludicrous comments in here.

Team is one point from automatic promotion and four off the top spot,but reading some of the comments you would think this team is miles away from the top of the table.

Go and support Liverpool if you want a team that wins 90% of games or something.

Jul 12, 2016
Why ludicrous comments?
I would like all you optimists to answer one question.
How CONFIDENT are you that we will win any game home or away?

oldage":3ghe4w9z said:
Why ludicrous comments?

Bit of a silly question if I may say so Oldage. As fanatical Argyle supporters our emotions are constantly tested, and because we are constantly stressed we can never feel certain about the outcome of any game, and I bet Swindon and Crewe supporters feel the same. With each of our most successful seasons under Smith, Warnock and Luggy I felt uncertain about every single game until the final whistle.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
My final words to the whingers and moaners, taken from an article I've just read about the run-in

"On the subject of Plymouth Argyle, they are the inform team of League Two. They have picked up 21 points from the last 10 games, more than any other team in League Two. They will be hoping to continue this form as they reach the pivotal stage of the season."
https://www.otbfootball.net/12-to-go-th ... wo-run-in/

Now, get to as many games as you can and CHEER as loud as you can. That IS an order #notevenjoking

Apr 5, 2008
oldage":1v040lg6 said:
Why ludicrous comments?

Unlike negative supporters like yourself, most would feel confident that we can win any game in this league.

We have done pretty well so far this season, and big chance of going straight back up.

Try and be a bit more positive instead of all this negative dross you and other supporters post in here all the time.

Jul 12, 2016
mervyn":27eo4a56 said:
oldage":27eo4a56 said:
Why ludicrous comments?

Bit of a silly question if I may say so Oldage. As fanatical Argyle supporters our emotions are constantly tested, and because we are constantly stressed we can never feel certain about the outcome of any game, and I bet Swindon and Crewe supporters feel the same. With each of our most successful seasons under Smith, Warnock and Luggy I felt uncertain about every single game until the final whistle.
Why is it you ask a simple question and you choose not to answer it? I am old enough to remember other promotion teams playing and went into those games CONFIDENT we could beat anybody.
IF we get promoted this season it will be despite our football not because of it.We are too error strewn.

Jul 12, 2016
moles40":fiou71e0 said:
oldage":fiou71e0 said:
Why ludicrous comments?

Unlike negative supporters like yourself, most would feel confident that we can win any game in this league.

We have done pretty well so far this season, and big chance of going straight back up.

Try and be a bit more positive instead of all this negative dross you and other supporters post in here all the time.

You have obviously not watched many home games this season. We are winning games by the skin of our teeth and are far from convincing. Our luck cannot last until the end of the season. I really hope we can get promoted but I wouldn't bet on it. I think you are wrong. A lot of supporters are as apprehensive as I am!