Brief Synopsis!!! (Cambridge) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Cambridge)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Most games are won by the skin of their teeth. You’ll see very few ‘easy’ wins for teams.

I’d say it’s a good thing that we play a good brand of football AND are able to roll up our sleeves and grind wins out.

Sep 6, 2006
memory man":3pmdi40s said:
Nobby":3pmdi40s said:
Dan Ellard":3pmdi40s said:
Presto":3pmdi40s said:
Yet another boring Saturday pm at Home Park. Usual story of possession football with zero capability of scoring goals.

That was the first time since September that we've failed to score at home in the league, so I wouldn't call it the "usual story"...

Only two teams have scored more at home than us this season. The original post is just melodramatic.
Metal_Green_Mickey":3pmdi40s said:
Tugboat":3pmdi40s said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3pmdi40s said:
Tugboat":3pmdi40s said:
I’m a little perplexed.

Whilst I’d admit it wasn’t a master piece of football it certainly wasn’t as bad as some are making out.

Maybe the standards have gone up that much?

Maybe.

It's about opinions.

For example, some say that was a good first half performance. However, we simply didn't get enough shots away and test their keeper.

I think we look disjointed. We don't have someone to be the orchestrator. We could remove a forward and put Cooper there to be this guy. However, my concern is how rigid we are with this 3-5-2 formation.

My real concern though is the way we give the ball away in stupid positions.
Agree with dropping a striker for a ‘in the hole’ midfielder. We need someone on the edge of the box for second ball pickups from crosses.

We had a game plan of wing play and balls in the box but it was all to easily defended.

If grants out for the next game then Edwards has to fill in at CDM. Move Moore WB and Telford up front.

Randell in CM

I think playing 3-5-1-1 solves some of the issues we have.

It allows us to retain the 3ATB.

It allows Cooper into the side where he can roam around the pitch.

It gives us more strength and options to pass in midfield.

Having two forwards currently in the team isn't benifitting this team as we don't hold onto pocession in areas of danger against opposition. Its OK stroking the ball around at the back but its not hurting anyone.

Having said all this Lowe hasn't changed formation for the start of games and l doubt will do it now.

You need so many decent technical players on the ball to execute this playing style and unfortunately as a team l don't think we just have those key positions sorted.

For example, Joe Edwards. I think he was brought in at the start of the season to play that CDM role and for whatever reason he isn't now the preferred option there. Now he is at RWB. He does an OK job there but all season we have lacked that creavity down that side like we do on the left.

This is why Lowe has done a decent job. That squad he has made play football and played a style the reverse of Adams style of football.

I hope should we fail to get promoted this season people stick with him. The philosophy isn't a bad one. It's just the execution as we seen today.
3 teams have scored more, 4 teams have conceded less and we are fourth in the League. You wouldn't know that from reading this. And to cap it all you "hope people stick with" our vibrant young manager who you dismiss as merely "decent".

How would you describe him rather than decent?

Sep 6, 2006
Lesley Somerville":1ekaq14p said:
memory man":1ekaq14p said:
Nobby":1ekaq14p said:
Dan Ellard":1ekaq14p said:
Presto":1ekaq14p said:
Yet another boring Saturday pm at Home Park. Usual story of possession football with zero capability of scoring goals.

That was the first time since September that we've failed to score at home in the league, so I wouldn't call it the "usual story"...

Only two teams have scored more at home than us this season. The original post is just melodramatic.
Metal_Green_Mickey":1ekaq14p said:
Tugboat":1ekaq14p said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1ekaq14p said:
Tugboat":1ekaq14p said:
I’m a little perplexed.

Whilst I’d admit it wasn’t a master piece of football it certainly wasn’t as bad as some are making out.

Maybe the standards have gone up that much?

Maybe.

It's about opinions.

For example, some say that was a good first half performance. However, we simply didn't get enough shots away and test their keeper.

I think we look disjointed. We don't have someone to be the orchestrator. We could remove a forward and put Cooper there to be this guy. However, my concern is how rigid we are with this 3-5-2 formation.

My real concern though is the way we give the ball away in stupid positions.
Agree with dropping a striker for a ‘in the hole’ midfielder. We need someone on the edge of the box for second ball pickups from crosses.

We had a game plan of wing play and balls in the box but it was all to easily defended.

If grants out for the next game then Edwards has to fill in at CDM. Move Moore WB and Telford up front.

Randell in CM

I think playing 3-5-1-1 solves some of the issues we have.

It allows us to retain the 3ATB.

It allows Cooper into the side where he can roam around the pitch.

It gives us more strength and options to pass in midfield.

Having two forwards currently in the team isn't benifitting this team as we don't hold onto pocession in areas of danger against opposition. Its OK stroking the ball around at the back but its not hurting anyone.

Having said all this Lowe hasn't changed formation for the start of games and l doubt will do it now.

You need so many decent technical players on the ball to execute this playing style and unfortunately as a team l don't think we just have those key positions sorted.

For example, Joe Edwards. I think he was brought in at the start of the season to play that CDM role and for whatever reason he isn't now the preferred option there. Now he is at RWB. He does an OK job there but all season we have lacked that creavity down that side like we do on the left.

This is why Lowe has done a decent job. That squad he has made play football and played a style the reverse of Adams style of football.

I hope should we fail to get promoted this season people stick with him. The philosophy isn't a bad one. It's just the execution as we seen today.
3 teams have scored more, 4 teams have conceded less and we are fourth in the League. You wouldn't know that from reading this. And to cap it all you "hope people stick with" our vibrant young manager who you dismiss as merely "decent".

Unbelievable isn't it? I honestly do despair when I read some of the criticism on here. By all means, have an opinion, make a point, analyse, yes be critical where it's deserved...but base your opinions on facts. And have some balance, give credit where it's due. I really hope that the majority of comments here do not reflect the views of the fanbase as a whole.

What facts are you talking about? You can take your choice. For example in the last 2 games against mid table and lower table opposition we have had 4 shots on target(and I suspect 2 of those were the penalty!). See what I did there? You can do anything with facts. Oldage is probably a little too negative but it seems anybody who comes up with an alternative view that we may NOT go up gets shot down in flames.
My personal view is that of 3 of our best players are Taylor, Josh Grant and Aimson. If we dont get back at least 2 of them very quickly I fear we will miss out. The top three are pretty consistent. The next 2 games coulod tell us a lot. In the interest of balance our run in is not difficult whereas Crewe have a very tricky March ahead of them.

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":3s76oacz said:
Jesus, it’s Monday evening and that miserable so and so Oldage is STILL moaning.
So says the "cloud cuckoo land turncoat" from Sheffield.
Good to see Sheffield Utd doing so well! :funny:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Imagine for a second you are Ryan Lowe and you cared to cast your eyes over this thread. You’ve got the team in 4th and right in the hunt after a dour season last season. You’ve got a bit of confidence in some players who were shot last season and brought good players including the best player in the league to Home Park. You’ve got the team playing football through the thirds, recycling and retaining possession, scoring and creating chances after a period of transition at the start of the season. And you read this moaning woe-is-me despondency. I’d say balls to you then and go somewhere that appreciated what I was trying to do. Perspective folks please. We have every chance.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":27e758zn said:
Devongreenowl":27e758zn said:
Jesus, it’s Monday evening and that miserable so and so Oldage is STILL moaning.

Ooooh Storm Oldage blows off. More hot air than one of my dogs wet farts. What a plonker you are.

Sep 6, 2006
Forest of Dean Green":3ex34dox said:
Imagine for a second you are Ryan Lowe and you cared to cast your eyes over this thread. You’ve got the team in 4th and right in the hunt after a dour season last season. You’ve got a bit of confidence in some players who were shot last season and brought good players including the best player in the league to Home Park. You’ve got the team playing football through the thirds, recycling and retaining possession, scoring and creating chances after a period of transition at the start of the season. And you read this moaning woe-is-me despondency. I’d say balls to you then and go somewhere that appreciated what I was trying to do. Perspective folks please. We have every chance.

:facepalm: yes Im sure if Lowe gets wind of this thread that a few of us have outrageously questioned Argyle's automatic promotion prospects he'll be off in a shot!

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":d8o3lnd4 said:
oldage":d8o3lnd4 said:
Devongreenowl":d8o3lnd4 said:

Ooooh Storm Oldage blows off. More hot air than one of my dogs wet farts. What a plonker you are.
Oh give it a rest! I have already regretfully sunk to your childish behaviour. Enoughs enough.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
So anyway, getting back to more important matters -
BG is right. Ryan Lowe would simply smile to himself and carry on with his plan. If he gets us up automatically, he will know he’s over achieved given the task he took on. If he goes up via the play offs, he will be able to bask in the adulation of the massed green hordes at Wembley, minus Oldage of course. If he just misses out, he will know that he didn’t quite have the squad he needed and will put it right in the summer and go again. I think it will be the first of those options. Sorry for being optimistic.

:scarf:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Balham_Green":2knzzhfw said:
Forest of Dean Green":2knzzhfw said:

:facepalm: yes Im sure if Lowe gets wind of this thread that a few of us have outrageously questioned Argyle's automatic promotion prospects he'll be off in a shot!

Rather literal interpretation of the post but hey ho. The point is, you may not feel there is huge regard for your efforts. If I wasn’t already on Pasoti and happened across it I’d probably keep away coming across, as it does sometimes, as a rest home for the perpetually disgruntled.

May 8, 2011
Forest of Dean Green":2mv9ckdc said:
Balham_Green":2mv9ckdc said:
Forest of Dean Green":2mv9ckdc said:

Rather literal interpretation of the post but hey ho. The point is, you may not feel there is huge regard for your efforts. If I wasn’t already on Pasoti and happened across it I’d probably keep away coming across, as it does sometimes, as a rest home for the perpetually disgruntled.

Haven’t people got the right to be disgruntled, all the hype from the Club and the media was that Argyle would be playing fast attacking attractive football but we aren’t seeing it.
I wouldn’t describe 63% possession and 1 shot on target as living up to that hype.
Apparently the players are tired and fatigued, just how many more games than the other teams have Argyle played in February and January?

May 16, 2016
I think I've got it now,

Under Adams we got promoted playing generally, rather boring uninspiring Football , and that wasn't good enough.

Under Lowe, we're in with a good shout at promotion playing generally, free flowing entertaining, inspirational Football, and that's not good enough.

Come on Argyle, sort it out.