Brief Synopsis!!! (Newport) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Newport)

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Each to their own I suppose. I’ve never done it and certainly can’t understand why anyone would leave such a finely poised game as yesterday. They can’t all have had trains to catch! I sort of get it if we are winning (or losing) heavily. It’s like watching a movie and leaving before the end. Mind you, I’ve been to top gigs and seen plenty leave before the encore. Weird.

Aug 2, 2011
Martyn":30zllz2z said:
Thought it was a good exciting game, thought Newport were a good side.

It was being ‘ramped’, up in the last 10 mins.

Gaz getting sent off,
Newport really pressing us, sterling defensive work by Argyle
Atmosphere was ‘electric’, great support from the home fans.
4 mins (only), going up on the board

What happens some ‘fans’, decide to leave early (I know it is a pet hatred of mine)., for the life of me, I just don’t get it,

Why would you want to leave at such an exciting phase of the game, I just don’t get or understand it.

(Would you want to leave before the finals scene of a film ?).

Some people have other lives than just Argyle - gosh how sad is that. I left when the board was up for extra time because I had to be home to meet someone at 6.00pm. It takes me 15 mins to get to my car and then a 45 minute drive home. If I waited till full time the the additional crowd plus traffic would have meant no chance of getting home until 6.20pm.

In addition to that perfectly valid reason I pay the same as everyone else with a season ticket and have a right to go or not go and once at the ground stay as long or as short a time as I wish. Oh yes before you mention blocking the exits etc I went straight down the stairs to leave. People going in and out to the toilet often 2 or 3 times and getting drink etc cause more obstruction than a person exiting and not hanging around.
But maybe some people have no other life which occasionally impacts on watching a game of football.

Sep 25, 2010
Presto":22s9adza said:
Martyn":22s9adza said:
Thought it was a good exciting game, thought Newport were a good side.

It was being ‘ramped’, up in the last 10 mins.

Gaz getting sent off,
Newport really pressing us, sterling defensive work by Argyle
Atmosphere was ‘electric’, great support from the home fans.
4 mins (only), going up on the board

What happens some ‘fans’, decide to leave early (I know it is a pet hatred of mine)., for the life of me, I just don’t get it,

Why would you want to leave at such an exciting phase of the game, I just don’t get or understand it.

(Would you want to leave before the finals scene of a film ?).

Some people have other lives than just Argyle - gosh how sad is that. I left when the board was up for extra time because I had to be home to meet someone at 6.00pm. It takes me 15 mins to get to my car and then a 45 minute drive home. If I waited till full time the the additional crowd plus traffic would have meant no chance of getting home until 6.20pm.

In addition to that perfectly valid reason I pay the same as everyone else with a season ticket and have a right to go or not go and once at the ground stay as long or as short a time as I wish. Oh yes before you mention blocking the exits etc I went straight down the stairs to leave. People going in and out to the toilet often 2 or 3 times and getting drink etc cause more obstruction than a person exiting and not hanging around.
But maybe some people have no other life which occasionally impacts on watching a game of football.

Fine, but the amount of people leaving, at such a crucial and exciting time of the match, they did not all have to meet somebody at 6.00 pm.

Plus the players needed our support at the time

I have missed countless goals etc ,during added on time, due to selfish imbeciles, stopping on the stairs.

Apr 4, 2004
I left after 2 minutes of extra time. Simply because my wife starts work at 6pm and if I get caught up in the rush at the end I don't catch her before she starts. As my wife is very nice I do like to see her before she leaves.

Aug 2, 2011
Any problem caused by people hanging around in the aisles should be addressed by the stewards. Perhaps you should take up the invitation re match experience and request that the stewards do their job properly.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Interesting post match press conference by Ryan Lowe, in which he referred to Newport's style as 'car crash football'. Not sure I agree with that and thought they played some decent football. Even if true, I do sometimes wonder about some of the things he comes out with, where he ought to be a little bit more reticent. I shouldn’t think the Newport manager would have been impressed and contrastingly, he had the good grace to say he didn’t think Sawyer's challenge merited a red (although I think it did).

I think Ryan's comments were a touch disrespectful and it’s not as if Newport spent the afternoon clogging our players. One could say that Sawyers challenge was a bit car crash! When you listen to top managers, they will rarely be so disparaging about another team’s style and I just think Ryan needs to think his comments through a bit more. I think there was a touch line altercation between him and Flynn at one point yesterday, so maybe he was just getting a bit of a dig in!

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Just a quickie about the people standing on the aisle steps when leaving early, at full time the whole of the Devonport end is empty before we can even start to get down from the back of the Lyndhurst because the stewards allow fans to walk the whole length pitchside from it seems blocks12,13,towards Devonport,really infuriating,as some of these fans got up to leave early but are stuck on the steps anyway.

Feb 4, 2011
cornwall
I have sent e mails to Argyle about this but they seem incapable of taking it in. : :banghead: : :banghead: :banghead:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
ming the merciless":e6w70tig said:
I left after 2 minutes of extra time. Simply because my wife starts work at 6pm and if I get caught up in the rush at the end I don't catch her before she starts. As my wife is very nice I do like to see her before she leaves.

Awww - bless!!