Brief Synopsis!!! (Northampton) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Northampton)

Feb 2, 2007
Just an observation, when Taylor was out and we were abject we had Jake, Bliss and Shifty as Plans B,C and D.

None of the alternative plans were effective but only getting in Church in January may prove to be our ultimate downfall. Always a risk, and in our financial position perhaps risks are inevitable.

Taylor needs a pilgrimage to Lourdes for a miracle cure. Letā€™s all cash out and offer to fund it.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Is shocking luck having only one way of playing? Not convinced. Good managers find a system, great managers find many. Whatever the nerds might harp on about regarding budget advantages.

Thought Remi held up well.

The fact Lameiras can be pretty anonymous and Carey an ineffective prima are not surprise issues. Paton looks unfit. Sawyer a calamity at times which gets hidden as captain. If told Grant had just switched up from the youth team Iā€™d believe it, completely round peg square hole for the use DA wants of a centre forward. Vyner a class act though.

Being in the playoffs with this fit set of players and that system would be a waste of a playoff slot frankly, sad as that is to say.

Aug 13, 2011
He must take Grant clean out of the scene as no good in this situation at all, and either try everything to get Taylor fit or try Fletcher from the start. He has nothing to lose risking him..he has the pedigree of a goal scoring striker. What we need now. Grant is a bit part wide player who does a little bit useful on the ball just now and again. Not a holding lone striker. No chance. 2 games with him in there, no goals. Keep him there, still no goals. The team can't function. We need these changes for Rochdale.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Thatā€™s all I can sum up from that performance. We looked like lost little lambs without Taylor today. Grant canā€™t be asked to be in that position anymore. Heā€™s too lightweight and with the 2 big centre backs on his back all the time it was just a waste of time punting it up to him.

Without Taylor in the line up, the playoffs are a very long way off.

Dreamgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I know we can all be clever in hindsight. ATS has shown enough to me in the games where he came on in midfield that he is comfortable there. He is strong and tales us up the pitch.

Paton has had little exposure to date. I can't remember anyone reporting that he has been "good" in any reserve games he has played. I think DA might have wished he played ATS in midfield instead of Paton today.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
PL2 3DQ":1hopgm8d said:
Northampton wanted it more, they won the midfield, they won the 50 50s and they controlled the game.

If you want an idea how bad we were think back to watching the team in September etc. Only Remi Matthews can come out of this mess with any credit, he made five outstanding saves to make the defeat a little more respectable. It could have been 6-0.

The ball didn't stick up front but we knew that before the game, Grant tried his best but he was once again up against two big centre backs.

Grant had a chance in the first half but our best chances were late in the game when a shot from Lameiras was saved, Threlkeld had an angled shot saved and a Sarcevic close range shot was cleared off the line. That was about it.

Sarcevic didn't add much to the team when he replaced Paton.
Paton picked up an injury although it looked like Adams would sub him anyway, he's not forward thinking because his first instinct is to pass backwards.

Our two number 10's went missing - if Carey and Lameiras don't play the team doesn't play.

Too often a long ball caught us out. From one of our corners Northampton nearly scored. It was just a simply long clearance that created the chance and thankfully Matthews made one of his many saves.

The two Northampton goals came after a spell of pressure, you could see a goal was coming. The first we didn't clear the ball after a Matthews save and the second was a cross into our area.

So onto Matthews - his kicking is still suspect and he still causes chaos when he leaves his area but today he stood between Northampton and a drubbing. He made several one on one saves to keep the score respectful.

Northampton are another team who targeted Sawyer on the left although he had a better second half.

We knew Taylor's absence would affect us but not as much as the last two games. Without Taylor Lameiras and Carey are not the same players and we are not the same team.

Such a shame our away form is deserting us at a critical time.

Man of the Match - Matthews.

Matthews 9, Threlkeld 6, Vyner 7, Bradley 6, Sawyer 5, Fox 6, Ness 6, Paton 4, Carey 5, Lameiras 5, Grant 6. Subs Sarcevic 5, Ainsworth 5, Fletcher n/a.

Spot on Ian.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Think with Paton he was looking for a right footed option

999mattyg

āœ… Evergreen
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Beyton_Green":3jtkmvd1 said:
Grant was a disgrace. You'd think he'd have some professional pride?

Carey and Lameiras in particular utterly useless. And a tired old midfield often not even close enough to be 2nd best.

Worse still was Adams with no plan B whatsoever.

Thank heavens for Matthews without whom it could have been 6.

Finally a huge thumbs down to Brentwallet for letting us get to this stage without 11 decent players.

You need to take a breath mate!
One bad performance on a great run.
'Brentwallet'?! quite frankly, pathetic!

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Pushing defenders into midfield like Songo and ATS seems somewhat unlikely to be winning us games. Getting 0-0ā€™s perhaps. But even then we need to run more than the oppo. Northants had way more energy to play than our lot today irrrespective of playing in suites positions. Not being fit as like Paton and Sarce today didnā€™t help though.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Very worrying we can't seem to function without one player.
I said when Taylor first came in last season he was championship standard and still stand by that observation.
Grant on the other hand I thought from the start was a league two player and trying to replace Taylor with him is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
What worries me most is the thought that if Taylor was out for the whole season we may have been relegation material.
I think it's going to be a very disappointing end to the season but at least we will have trips to the stadium of light and sid James's Park next to look forward to next season.

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Beyton_Green":g6t0rugx said:
Grant was a disgrace. You'd think he'd have some professional pride?

Carey and Lameiras in particular utterly useless. And a tired old midfield often not even close enough to be 2nd best.

Worse still was Adams with no plan B whatsoever.

Thank heavens for Matthews without whom it could have been 6.

Finally a huge thumbs down to Brentwallet for letting us get to this stage without 11 decent players.

Who bought Grant and played him as a lone striker? (an occasional winger for Exeter)
Who funds the squad?

Apr 5, 2008
blame the board for not investing in better players not the mangers or players itā€™s a miracle we are anyway the playoffs in the first place,thanks to Adams.

Apr 5, 2008
IPA":95k1n1mc said:
Very worrying we can't seem to function without one player.
I said when Taylor first came in last season he was championship standard and still stand by that observation.
Grant on the other hand I thought from the start was a league two player and trying to replace Taylor with him is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
What worries me most is the thought that if Taylor was out for the whole season we may have been relegation material.
I think it's going to be a very disappointing end to the season but at least we will have trips to the stadium of light and sid James's Park next to look forward to next season.

Thatā€™s it write the season off,when still good chance of making playoffs.usual moaners out in force tonight.