Brief Synopsis!!! (Northampton) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Northampton)

Tony Pastyman

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 1, 2008
Bad result big time, but I still have to have the faith that Adams will not want to accept that we don't make the playoffs because of the loss of one player.
Massive week coming up for Adams and Argyle.
Don't worry be happy

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Iā€™m sure DA will remain in denial of the vaping playoff dream, acceptanceā€™s way off.

If he can mastermind turning anyone left in the squad into a long ball forward in three days, he definitely will not remain at HP though. :)

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
moles40":18ftb3tu said:
IPA":18ftb3tu said:
Very worrying we can't seem to function without one player.
I said when Taylor first came in last season he was championship standard and still stand by that observation.
Grant on the other hand I thought from the start was a league two player and trying to replace Taylor with him is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
What worries me most is the thought that if Taylor was out for the whole season we may have been relegation material.
I think it's going to be a very disappointing end to the season but at least we will have trips to the stadium of light and sid James's Park next to look forward to next season.

Thatā€™s it write the season off,when still good chance of making playoffs.usual moaners out in force tonight.

We were poor last Saturday and dreadful today.

Just stating my point of view but if we go to Rochdale and win without Taylor I'll stand corrected.

Oct 14, 2015
Given where we were in early December and today we were playing to get into the play offs is quite remarkable and a situation most of us would've just dreamt off. Now that doesn't make today's performance acceptable, not one bit, there was very little spirit or fight shown. However laying into the team, the Board and individual players on today's performance is wrong. A bad day at the office, yes, we've all had them but hopefully the players will rectify that on Tuesday at Rochdale.

Jul 6, 2011
Even inexperienced Alex Battle and Fletcher would have put up a better display than Grant. Wrong player,wrong position, wrong tactics...

Jun 2, 2016
If it ain't working change it.
Absolutely no point persisting with Grant. Play anyone but him. Fletcher or Battle cannot do worse.
ATS in. Drop Threlkeld or Sawyer. They look spent.
At Rochdale play for a point and hope for 3
We can only pray Taylor is back in 7 days otherwise its season over

Jan 16, 2005
Welwyn Pilgrim":3irlwe1j said:
Given where we were in early December and today we were playing to get into the play offs is quite remarkable and a situation most of us would've just dreamt off. Now that doesn't make today's performance acceptable, not one bit, there was very little spirit or fight shown. However laying into the team, the Board and individual players on today's performance is wrong. A bad day at the office, yes, we've all had them but hopefully the players will rectify that on Tuesday at Rochdale.

Hopefully all will be put right next week but unfortunately lots of us have been here before with Argyle and we all recognise the signs and it doesn't tend to end well, which is why you will hear over the years "same old same old Argyle".

Mar 23, 2008
Selling JJ looked a mistake at the time, now without a suitable replacement it looks a massive error. JJ is not as good as Taylor at the lone striker role but was growing into it and did at least offer height, pace and a goal threat. Church injury record has been poor for a few years and if Taylor got injured we could and have been left exposed.

Tony Pastyman

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 1, 2008
At the end of the day it's Adams who has to answer for this poor performance, As previously stated the next week is massive for us all.

Mar 14, 2009
I do have a question.

It gets mentioned how weak our left hand side is and that we get targeted.

The other week there was a thread about how good ATS is. Yet surely, if Adams thought he was that much better than Sawyer he would of started him in games by now? Am I wrong to think this?

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
Two games with a large following and two disappointing performances.

If Adams didn't use the Charlton match as awake up call, why not?

Northampton were a team of tall and heavy bruisers, both in defence and attack who basically outmuscled us at both ends.

They also played out the last ten minutes fairly comfortably.

Onto the next game I suppose.

Jun 2, 2016
Deacster":1m9zakwf said:
Selling JJ looked a mistake at the time, now without a suitable replacement it looks a massive error. JJ is not as good as Taylor at the lone striker role but was growing into it and did at least offer height, pace and a goal threat. Church injury record has been poor for a few years and if Taylor got injured we could and have been left exposed.
Jervis and Grant are exactly the same as lone striker. No physical presence. No ability to head the ball. No experience the position. Having JJ today would have made no difference.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
the_corkscrew":31tofewn said:
Deacster":31tofewn said:
Jervis and Grant are exactly the same as lone striker. No physical presence. No ability to head the ball. No experience the position. Having JJ today would have made no difference.

Taylor is a 10 out of 10 for that position in our only style of play.
Jervis was a 4 out of 10.
Grant is a 2 or 3 out of 10.
Blissett was a 2.
Fletcher is a 2.
Church was a DNS.

We simply cannot cope with such a gap in ability in players for such a key role. Annoying isnā€™t it.

Nov 9, 2008
Just a reminder... we're 7th and have had our best season in many a year. Calm down. Yes it's a poor loss and it sounded like a poor performance but the doom and gloom is a little extreme.