Brief Synopsis!!! (Northampton) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Northampton)

Jan 6, 2004
We tried to play to feet today but weren’t good enough and kept giving ball away in dangerous positions so gradually reverted back to the desperate long ball - watching Grant trying to win headers is embarrassing

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Lameiras and Carey don't lilke games like today where the other team is up for it and physical. With Taylor missing as well we are powder puff lightweight and even relegation teams cut through us like butter.

Lameiras and Carey without Taylor doesn't work either.

We were in pole position and have simply thrown it away because we are not good enough and don't have a strong enough squad.
The bench is embarrassing. We are back to if we go behind its game over

I think a score of 2 - 0 flatters Argyle it could easily have been more. Northampton certainly wanted it more than we did. It is clear that we are a one striker team and that without Taylor we struggle, I thought Grant was woeful he neither challenged or even looked close to scoring, a 3 would be a generous rating for him.
I don't know how many others noticed it but during the second half the Northampton goalie was giving the female linesperson a hard time.
A dissapointing day, hopefully a better result at Rochdale, though their pitch can bring everyone down to the same level, so we could struggle if Taylor isn't back.

If tayls injury continues then i reckon we need to go back to what we were doing just before he returned to the team
after injury.
Forget TLC/433 for the mo and get back to grinding out results again like we were doing when toums was playing such an
influential part for us in turning our early season form around. We were then using a more rigid 4141 formation.
So we would need to play 2 wide players instead of 2 no10s.
Unfortunately that would probably mean ruebs back on the bench with GC10 and lionel giving us more shape and
hopefully a lot more threat out wide. Sarce being back should help as we know he can get forward and support
the lone striker well.
Thats generally how we have won so many away games under DA imho. Mainly its been by keeping them tight affairs and then
nicking a goal here and there. Very successful we have been at it too.
Maybe we should even play this way if tayls is fit as the charlton away performance with him in it sounded very
similar to todays?
Whatever happens its still been an enjoyable season as the quality of football has far surpassed my early season expectations
which at the time was more about just mere survival. We have achieved that amazingly easily in the end and
done it with some flair and panache too. So no gripes from me however this season turns out.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
arrythewurzel":3t50crej said:
Anyone hear DA’s post match comments ? Be interested to know where he thinks we went wrong ?

DA will never admit it went wrong. I'm sure he has a tape recording of how we were the better team, dominated but just didn't put our chances away.
He will also big up Grant just like he did after the Pompey game. No point kicking the lad when you know taylor isn't coming back

Jan 6, 2004
samjones":3sae5la6 said:
arrythewurzel":3sae5la6 said:
Anyone hear DA’s post match comments ? Be interested to know where he thinks we went wrong ?

DA will never admit it went wrong. I'm sure he has a tape recording of how we were the better team, dominated but just didn't put our chances away.
He will also big up Grant just like he did after the Pompey game. No point kicking the lad when you know taylor isn't coming back

He actually said Northampton better all over the pitch and Matthews kept us in it many times.

Feb 2, 2007
samjones":3ao39pwm said:
arrythewurzel":3ao39pwm said:

Fact me til I fart..

Or are you the ministry of misinformation?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
On the plus side it's the best goalkeeping performance I've seen at away game for many years and the best pre-match music I've heard at an away game for many years. :)

If Taylor is still out against Rochdale there's no point in playing two number 10's, both Carey and Lameiras can play wide so switch to 4-4-2 with Fox and Ness in midfield and Fletcher and Grant upfront.
Sarcevic clearly wasn't fit enough today so shouldn't start against Rochdale.

Or can Letheren play as a target man, he has the physique. :)

Sep 6, 2006
themightykeithfear":1gwoap7h said:
well today we were awful, woeful

the only 2 positives were Remi, hes brilliant one-on-one and Vyner was usually imperious, reminds me of Bobby Moore sometimes

the rest,well Sawyer had a mare, Ness couldn't pass 10 yards and the rest look shot of confidence and desire, General Paton don't want to see him wearing green again. GC10 put in a few lovely crosses but no-one was there

Fletcher was brought on too late , start him against Rochdale and hope sarc can step up

I am assuming Paton wasn't paid for that 'performance'. Awful awful awful. What was Adams thinking?

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1eo3m1c8 said:
On the plus side it's the best goalkeeping performance I've seen at away game for many years and the best pre-match music I've heard at an away game for many years. :)

If Taylor is still out against Rochdale there's no point in playing two number 10's, both Carey and Lameiras can play wide so switch to 4-4-2 with Fox and Ness in midfield and Fletcher and Grant upfront.
Sarcevic clearly wasn't fit enough today so shouldn't start against Rochdale.

Or can Letheren play as a target man, he has the physique. :)

Thought Sarcevic did okh What were you expecting with the chaos around him?

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
Unfortunately that was a shambles. For 90 minutes it was as if we were back in September. Indecisive at the back, hesitant in midfield and ineffective up front. Most of the time we passed sideways or backwards, always inviting pressure. Occasionally we would save Northampton the bother of pressing us and simply pass to them.

Charlton's tails are up and theyll fancy their chances of 6 points against Blackburn and Rochdale. Scunthorpe's mini revival continues. Tuesday's game is a must not lose game. A win or draw and it is still in our hands going into the Rotherham game. I'd be tempted not to risk Taylor on Tuesday as we are going to have win our last three games to make the playoffs. Pack the midfield so we don't lose. Songo'o for Paton. Sarcevic for Grant. Carey up front. But then, what do i know.