Brief Synopsis!!! (Orient) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Orient)

Jul 12, 2016
A lot of positives from last night's game and the mixing up of playing out from the back and long balls is certainly reaping dividends. Thought Cooper and Sarcevic had excellent games and should be the first names on the team sheet. A small criticism Joel Grant does not always go for 50/50 balls. He could have scored the third goal if he had reacted quicker ,thankfully McFadzean was more determined.

Sep 6, 2006
Welwyn Pilgrim":37dl8dlz said:
Balham_Green":37dl8dlz said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":37dl8dlz said:
Balham_Green":37dl8dlz said:
Cobi Budge":37dl8dlz said:
People do realise we’ve just won 4 nil, back to back wins and back to back clean sheets right? Or are we just going to focus on the negatives.

Wins against poor sides and still outside the play offs. Lets keep it in context.

Against a poor Orient side who’d won 3 on the bounce including a 0-4 against Grimsby on Saturday. If Orient are poor then what’s that make Grimsby. Maybe our style of play and performance made them look bad but that’ll be a bit negative so we can’t have that can we ..

Well i judge by what I see not one off results. Where are they in the table?

But you judge player, Clarke, on less than 30 minutes playing time as you’ve slated him on a previous post?? Make your mind up ?? You don’t judge a team on a one off result but you do a player

If you read my post properly you would see I referenced his scoring record or lack of it over several years.

Apr 5, 2008
At least give him a chance ,like our manager has.

Glad RL has wiped the slate clean,but you can't.

Sacrificed being with his family too,to try and make a go at it with Argyle.

Mar 14, 2009
Balham_Green":1gk86rwo said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1gk86rwo said:
What l enjoyed tonight about the performance was the pressing. Even in the second half l thought we kept at it. Was something that l do think good sides become better at.

Not sure how the ref missed the handball for the first goal. Thought the second goal was fantastic.

Cooper crossing in the last 3 games is a highlight to watch. Not every ball is on the money but when he gets it right it just makes creating chances look easy.

The ball is going back to front quicker. However, when their is space to hit over top of teams Rudden and Grant can chase. The problem is though l do find the ball isn't sticking as much as it should in hold up play. The ball bounces off them or they can't challenge a centre half. It's something to look out for and lve noticed it since Swindon away. Against more physical sides it could be an issue if we can't get the ball to stick more.

Overall, very pleasing against a side who came down here and wanted to play football, and it suited us.

Still a mid table side then as per your conclusion from Saturday?

I still honestly think this current team won’t get promoted and finish outside the playoffs.

Three reasons currently as to why l think this.....

1. The right hand side of the team. I stick by what l said. Riley offers us very little as an attacking threat. Our better attacks come down the left hand side. I just feel we are lopsided as a team. I know Wootton works hard but defensively l think he just continues to have a mistake in him.

2. It’s great the way we played last night but Orient came at us. The better teams have sat deep and waited for us to make a mistake and the sprung us on the counter attack. Also l still believe physical teams will feel they can score easy goals from set pieces still.

3. We are now pinging the ball more back to front. However, if their is space behind it’s good because Rudden and Grant will chase the ball. Yet when playing with their back to goal the ball bounces off them a lot or they don’t challenge when the ball is in the air. A lot of times the ball breaks down and the opposition suddenly are running directly at us because our midfield has pushed up expecting for possession to be retained. I’m curious how this gets resolved over time because when we fail to hold the ball up we can suddenly look very open on the counter attack when the game gets stretched.

Overall, we were excellent with the pressing last night. I just am not convinced our defence is mobile or physical enough against the better teams. Also lack of attacking width on the right will mean the better teams shut down our left hand side which means more emphasis will be on Riley’s attacking performance and currently he don’t convince me. People will say we could put a Cooper at RWB but l have seen him play better on the left side. He is great at whipping that ball in as the second goal showed last night. Plus the CAM role is less restrictive for him. Lowe needs to continue to play Cooper in his current position and find a new role/position for Mayor. If you put a Mayor alongside Cooper would we be defensively strong enough in the centre of the pitch with only Edwards as you ball winner. Interesting dilemma for Lowe.

I always said lm 100% behind Lowe. Yet l don’t yo-yo with my feelings. When we were losing in September l still had faith in him to get it right and believed the negativity was strange given how early in his Argyle managerial career it was. He just needs time. However, the mistakes/issues we have seen with Argyle in September l believe will resurface because certain players just don’t have the concentration levels to cut out costly mistakes.

If they manage to cut them out and resolve the issues l mentioned above then l will be wrong and happily see them come the end of the season in the playoffs.

Apr 5, 2008
Amazing how you think we won't even make the playoffs.

And only 7 points off the lead,shall be quoting your posts at end of season when we are promoted :scarf: :scarf:

Mar 14, 2009
moles40":4r910h0h said:
Amazing how you think we won't even make the playoffs.

And only 7 points off the lead,shall be quoting your posts at end of season when we are promoted :scarf: :scarf:

I can only currently go on what l see. By January lm guessing we might see changes in personnel.

I just go with an honest opinion. I was one of the only ones 12 months before Adams got sacked saying that his tactics and style of play weren’t good enough. I got pelters for my opinion and then mostly everyone 12 months later said the same thing about Adams negative playing style. I noticed you didn’t post my comments from 12 months before when he got sacked!!

I’m not having a go at Lowe. I fully behind the manager. If he gets us promoted this season then it will be wonderful. I’m not going to flip flop with how l feel. Read the comments in September on here. It was doom and gloom. Now we win a few people change their emotions. If we lose on Saturday l will be gutted but l will still feel the same way as l do now about Lowe. I doubt however, that will be the reaction on social media platforms including here.

I’m don’t think Argyle are a bad side. I’m enjoying watching us develop under Lowe. And if we rocket ahead and win game after game then so be it. I will be wrong, but extremely happy.

Oct 14, 2015
Balham_Green":1pzcqtlg said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1pzcqtlg said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1pzcqtlg said:
Cobi Budge":1pzcqtlg said:
People do realise we’ve just won 4 nil, back to back wins and back to back clean sheets right? Or are we just going to focus on the negatives.

Wins against poor sides and still outside the play offs. Lets keep it in context.

Against a poor Orient side who’d won 3 on the bounce including a 0-4 against Grimsby on Saturday. If Orient are poor then what’s that make Grimsby. Maybe our style of play and performance made them look bad but that’ll be a bit negative so we can’t have that can we ..

Well i judge by what I see not one off results. Where are they in the table?

But you judge player, Clarke, on less than 30 minutes playing time as you’ve slated him on a previous post?? Make your mind up ?? You don’t judge a team on a one off result but you do a player

If you read my post properly you would see I referenced his scoring record or lack of it over several years.

I did read your post properly and you did indeed make reference to his scoring record but you also wrote

“ Just judging on what I saw tonight thats all”

Suggests to me your judging him as a player as well ??

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Jesus Christ :roll:
:banghead: :facepalm: