Brief Synopsis!!! (Shrewsbury) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Shrewsbury)

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Steve Evans":38746q46 said:
a spineless shambles by argyle.the huge management staff should hang their heads in shame for failing to motivate the players.my ratings;
Michael Cooper - 1
Will Aimson - 7
Jerome Opoku - 3
Kelland Watts - 2
Joe Edwards - 1
Tyrese Fornah - 3
Connor Grant - 0
Panutche Camara - 2
Danny Mayor - 0
Ryan Hardie - 4
Niall Ennis - 6
management department zero
Bit harsh on Conor Grant, he did get an assist.

Apr 9, 2011
Total rubbish today totally indefensible. As far as most of that lot are concerned the season is over majority dont give a stuff. Dont anyone try giving the "playing for their places next season carp"

Apr 9, 2011
plymade":2h33hrxg said:
Let's hope Lowe is in the dressing room telling them that was crap and if you want to play that way for Argyle, you can do one!
Let's hope our board members are saying to Lowe that was crap and if you want Argyle to play that way, you can do one, too!
Well said!

Oct 20, 2015
I was interested to read today's synopsis because I was on parenting duties for my son's 7th birthday party.

I managed to hear the last 15 mins of commentary so I'm surprised to see ratings from some people of around 5 to 7 for most players. Judging by what I heard this was an appalling display and there isn't one player who can feel proud of their contribution today. I don't think Lowe can sleep easy either. Shrewsbury aren't exactly on fire but we completely capitulated.

I agree we need a significant shake-up this summer. If nothing else it would be nice to be able to vary the way we play according to the conditions & opposition, which means obtaining players who can play in multiple systems.

If we're playing four at the back we need dedicated LB and RB. If we're playing 352 we need wing-backs who can cross.

Onwards, and (I suspect) downwards with our minus 13 goal difference.

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Well this was the 1st game i did not pay to watch- instead i listened to it on ifollow- with the green tints

After watching every single game i could visualise the patterns of rinse repeat going nowhere fast square peg round holes , no leader pulling them up by the boot straps pushing them on hoping for a sneaky 1 nil or a moment of magic.

Instead 2nd half malaise charitable gifting of sloppy goals, poor decision making, panicked subs & the game is gone

RL mentioned during the week that contract talks have not started - i dont buy that- they know whether they have been offered a contract, whether they are going to be released or whether they are already contracted.

Those players that put on the green jersey should wear it with pride & give 110% for 90 plus minutes not pick & choose when it suits them

The season is not finished & they behave like that- i have been criticised for being harsh in the past with regards to how i perceive whether the players are trying or not but the 2nd half against Wimbledon on Friday gave the impression the players are of the mindset the season is done & dusted- nothing to play for job done & i will just look for my next contract with whatever club sod the supporters who pay to watch & have a undying emotional investment that arent in the stadium to give them what for when they serve up unacceptable rubbish

No doubt RL will spout is usual - fair play to shrewsbury blah blah, the players did not follow the gameplan blah blah, poor decision making blah blah , we giving them blah blah- instead of pointing the figure man up & take responsibility for the shortcomings in your decision making

We do not have the players capable of the style he is so fixated with, he is to bloody stubborn or arrogant for his own good that he refuses to see his shortcomings & adapt is so called systems to play to the players strengths instead of putting pressure on the players knowing full well they will struggle with it.

I dont think i will bother to listen to his post match comments as it will be rinse repeat blah blah.

We have Hull at home on Saturday who knows Argyle will do a Argyle & beat them :banghead:

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Steve Evans":3nophr8y said:
a spineless shambles by argyle.the huge management staff should hang their heads in shame for failing to motivate the players.my ratings;
Michael Cooper - 1
Will Aimson - 7
Jerome Opoku - 3
Kelland Watts - 2
Joe Edwards - 1
Tyrese Fornah - 3
Connor Grant - 0
Panutche Camara - 2
Danny Mayor - 0
Ryan Hardie - 4
Niall Ennis - 6

Errrrrrrm, serious, joke, drank to much or really upset. I know they were bad but seriously?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Casual, complacent, disinterested and shambolic.
I have read such comments as ā€˜already on holidayā€™ etc. and never subscribed to it but, after their first goal, thatā€™s how it appeared.
In the first half, neither team performed well and both defences looked comfortable but after they scored a fortunate goal we just went to pieces. We had no drive, enthusiasm, determination to recover from a setback. Shrewsbury were constantly closing us down because we seemed completely dispirited.
We really do need a bully out there who absolutely HATES LOSING and can frighten some of our players into positive action when we fall behind.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Boy oh boy we were utterly determined to lose that weren't we. Why do we persist in playing it out from the back when the opposition play the pressing game? Some of the risks we took were unbelievable...how many times did Coops roll the ball out to a player surrounded by the opposition...our defenders were on occasions trying to dribble out of their own box. Honestly I'm no football coach but that is just suicidal play. Play it long if they are pressing, play it short when they aren't. The shame is we play some great football but we shoot ourselves in the foot defensively. I actually don't think that our defenders are that bad but if Lowe expects them to play out from the back like some pound shop Brazil then they will (and have) make mistakes. The goal difference doesn't lie.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Guess which manager said the below...

"The lads came in over the weekend with a real focus and they took that into the game today."

Iā€™ll give you a clue if anyone is stick. Not fudgeing ours.

Our ā€˜ladsā€™ looked like weā€™ve just asked them to play a match at 0900 after a big night out.

Absolutely seething. :furious:

D

Deleted member 9145

Nobby":2mw5m0kz said:
https://twitter.com/only1argyle/status/1379127188662915080?s=24

Canā€™t disagree with any of that, frankly.

First time Iā€™ve heard Lowe speak like that, had to be said, letā€™s see how they react.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
ngs01":144jq498 said:
Steve Evans":144jq498 said:
Michael Cooper - 1
Will Aimson - 7
Jerome Opoku - 3
Kelland Watts - 2
Joe Edwards - 1
Tyrese Fornah - 3
Connor Grant - 0
Panutche Camara - 2
Danny Mayor - 0
Ryan Hardie - 4
Niall Ennis - 6

Errrrrrrm, serious, joke, drank to much or really upset. I know they were bad but seriously?
very serious,not a joke,no booze very upset with this abject performance.

Apr 1, 2009
slingsby_pobble":3nywxf11 said:
I was interested to read today's synopsis because I was on parenting duties for my son's 7th birthday party.

I managed to hear the last 15 mins of commentary so I'm surprised to see ratings from some people of around 5 to 7 for most players. Judging by what I heard this was an appalling display and there isn't one player who can feel proud of their contribution today. I don't think Lowe can sleep easy either. Shrewsbury aren't exactly on fire but we completely capitulated.

I agree we need a significant shake-up this summer. If nothing else it would be nice to be able to vary the way we play according to the conditions & opposition, which means obtaining players who can play in multiple systems.

If we're playing four at the back we need dedicated LB and RB. If we're playing 352 we need wing-backs who can cross.

Onwards, and (I suspect) downwards with our minus 13 goal difference.

I don't know why people are giving 5's to most of the players. Honorable exception, Will Aimson, who may well not be proud of today, but did absolutely give it his all.

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Tugboat":16ssip9f said:
Guess which manager said the below...

"The lads came in over the weekend with a real focus and they took that into the game today."

Iā€™ll give you a clue if anyone is stick. Not flipping ours.

Our ā€˜ladsā€™ looked like weā€™ve just asked them to play a match at 0900 after a big night out.

Absolutely seething. :furious:

To be fair, so is Lowe. Pulls no punches at all in his post match interview. And nor should he.