Brief Synopsis!!! (Shrewsbury) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Shrewsbury)

Mar 14, 2009
So the plus points l feel is the back four has a better shape to it than the back three. The back 3 distribution of the ball is not only slow but we end up getting ourselves in a mess eg their second goal yesterday.

The Blackpool first half was good. The Bristol Rovers first half was decent. So was Wimbledon. The Shrewsbury first half was the first time recently l’ve been disappointed in a display.

But this team just crumbles every time a team scores. Fortunately Rovers didn’t or Wimbledon. However, once Blackpool and Shrewsbury did the team fell apart. How many opportunities within the first five minutes do teams have at the start of the second half to score. Rovers and Wimbledon missed theirs. That’s the fine margins here.

It’s very concerning that after a couple of seasons we don’t have an identity. By way l mean a successful formation where we consistently play well.

Yesterday it was appalling. Lowe even said this. Yet instead of play a different system he reverted back to a system that’s even worse with these current group of players. He saw what we saw. Yet he basically made it worse with his tactical changes.

I can’t deny lm worried for next season. I look at the team and it needs a massive overhaul. There is no point having your most creative player without a consistent end product. Yes we would of been worse off without him this season but that says more about the squad options available. We have had an unfit Macleod, an unused Reeves, we play a slow CB as a left sided part of a back three (Watts). He then compounds this by playing him at left back.

I think everyone would maybe agree our best CM is Camara. Yet he now shoe horns him into a RM position where he looks lost while we sit and watch the non effective pair of Fornah and Grant lose control of the game. We know Lewis has a howler in him. Yet instead of playing C Grant, who best performances have been in that position he now reverts him back to a CM role in a two which doesn’t suit him.

I watch Argyle and they are disjointed. Sometimes they press. Sometimes they don’t. Sometimes they play through the pitch but most as the game wares on they lose their heads and bang it down the pitch. Where is the width in this team? The creativity on a consistent basis. Not just flashes of it.

We rely on teams missing great goal scoring opportunities. Not your half chances. I’m referring to the Bristol Rovers miss in the second half where he inexcusable kicked it against his own player and Cooper had to save. The Wimbledon free header with minutes to go. These aren’t just in the odd game. They are in most, if not every game.

Personally l look at the team to try and find a structure, a shape or even a pattern of play. At the moment l think there is only a handful ld keep but l do feel we have a decent spine.

Cooper (he gets totally unfair criticism). He will need to develop his commanding of his box but he is decent at this level.Great shot stopper.

Aimson. His distribution is bad at times. However, he is a defender who we seen can defend especially since we simplified things and changed to a back four.

Camara. He has been poor recently. However, Lowe has shifted him to RM/RAM and he has had to do most of the running in that team. lm not surprised he now looks knackered. Build a team around him because this guy has ability, energy and work rate.

Ennis. Decent goals. Great hold up play. Always trying to close down the opposition. Even when the team is playing poorly like against MK Dons he stands out above most. He is a step up in my opinion from Hardie and Jephcott.

We have 6 games to go. I would like to see some grass shoots of recovery for the start of next season. However, l do feel it’s time for many of the current squad to go.

Mar 14, 2009
Dan Ellard":3d375wta said:
I (thankfully) wasn't able to watch the game yesterday, so have only been able to see the 2 minute highlights on YouTube. So no overall synopsis, but to analyse the goals...

First goal, Watts turned inside so easily, no blame on Aimson or Cooper. Second goal, yes what is Grant doing, but I tell you what (think Lowe referred to this as well) Opoku is partly at fault too, why is he not pushing out, we're in possession and he's standing there just outside his own 6 yard box. Third goal is a decent strike but Watts outmuscled in the build up twice.

We have a real dilemma at left back now.

Can someone tell me why Opoku can’t play there? Didn’t he do that job for Accrington? You then have Watts / Woods partnering Aimson.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sawyer to start at LB

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The coaching staff obviously see the players every day on the training ground but I'd have thought that Opoku would be better suited to LB than Watts.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":iffapvli said:
The coaching staff obviously see the players every day on the training ground but I'd have thought that Opoku would be better suited to LB than Watts.
they obviously see the players every day and i cannot understand why they don't insist on playing passes just in front of colleagues,it is intensely frustrating.