Brief synopsis | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Apr 5, 2008
Balham_Green":y9m3k2sv said:
moles40":y9m3k2sv said:
Looking at a video from the ground what a depressing place it appears,and so many empty seats.City supporter didn’t think much of his team at all.Hopefully Argyle will be up to speed once the players of settled in the team.Play offs looking good still ,unless you write of season after 3 games like the usual suspects are doing.

It's absolutely too early to write off the season but an interesting logic that 'we look good for the play offs' after 3 poor performances.

Look at last year then,is it ok to be optimistic or just pessimistic like you are on here all the season every season, even if we hit a good run of form :facepalm:

Sep 6, 2006
moles40":3t17mjfx said:
Balham_Green":3t17mjfx said:
moles40":3t17mjfx said:
Looking at a video from the ground what a depressing place it appears,and so many empty seats.City supporter didn’t think much of his team at all.Hopefully Argyle will be up to speed once the players of settled in the team.Play offs looking good still ,unless you write of season after 3 games like the usual suspects are doing.

It's absolutely too early to write off the season but an interesting logic that 'we look good for the play offs' after 3 poor performances.

Look at last year then,is it ok to be optimistic or just pessimistic like you are on here all the season every season, even if we hit a good run of form :facepalm:

So you seem to have already forgotten but we didn't actually make the play offs last season! Because we had a good run automatically means the same will happen this season does it? I prefer to use evidence rather than blind optimism.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Just watched the Taylor incident back, it's a definite dive, and wasn't his only one yesterday afternoon nor this season. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, he's a great player but I wish he'd stay on his feet and get his shots away instead of constantly looking for fouls.

As for their penalty, stonewall and stupid from Carey, and it's a handball from Ness.

The referee made the correct major decisions and wasn't at fault for the defeat.

Frustrating because our general performance yesterday wasn't that bad, we actually looked a better side than Coventry who I thought were poor, let ourselves down with poor decision making/discipline.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Cobi Budge said:
Just watched the Taylor incident back, it's a definite dive, and wasn't his only one yesterday afternoon nor this season. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, he's a great player but I wish he'd stay on his feet and get his shots away instead of constantly looking for fouls.

As for their penalty, stonewall and stupid from Carey, and it's a handball from Ness.

The referee made the correct major decisions and wasn't at fault for the defeat.

Spot on for me, Cobi. I listened to the Radio Devon coverage yesterday and, not unreasonably, was heavily influenced by the commentator, as well as the analysis from Martin Gritton. I really rate Grits as an Argyle co-commentator. I find his articulate and insightful comments add a lot to the overall listening experience - and whilst he's bound to be partisan (it’s Radio Devon covering Argyle , for heaven’s sake) he's generally fair and positive in his observations. Listening to his description of events yesterday, however, he convinced me that the ref was some sort of numpty who was having a total nightmare. Grits was incredibly critical of Darren Drysdale and if I had talked about the Argyle match to anyone else afterwards I would have been unshakeable in my belief that ‘we wuz robbed’ due to inept officiating. I subsequently watched the entire match on iFollow (the first season I have paid for that - really good!) whilst listening to the same ‘tagged on’ commentary that I had heard the day before. I was amazed at how differently I saw a lot of the ‘big’ decisions from the way the commentary team called it. To be fair to those guys, the press positions weren’t best placed for them to see the incidents at the far goal in front of the Green Army and they wouldn’t have had the benefit of TV replays. The iFollow coverage, however, gave a different perspective and, although it galls me to say this, my reluctant conclusions are that the ref probably got their pen right as well as Taylor’s non-pen and dive. I suppose the moral of the story is to place more emphasis on what you see with your own eyes rather than listening to someone else... :eek:)

Sep 6, 2006
Mark58":3ak6yuxg said:
Cobi Budge":3ak6yuxg said:

Spot on for me, Cobi. I listened to the Radio Devon coverage yesterday and, not unreasonably, was heavily influenced by the commentator, as well as the analysis from Martin Gritton. I really rate Grits as an Argyle co-commentator. I find his articulate and insightful comments add a lot to the overall listening experience - and whilst he's bound to be partisan (it’s Radio Devon covering Argyle , for heaven’s sake) he's generally fair and positive in his observations. Listening to his description of events yesterday, however, he convinced me that the ref was some sort of numpty who was having a total nightmare. Grits was incredibly critical of Darren Drysdale and if I had talked about the Argyle match to anyone else afterwards I would have been unshakeable in my belief that ‘we wuz robbed’ due to inept officiating. I subsequently watched the entire match on iFollow (the first season I have paid for that - really good!) whilst listening to the same ‘tagged on’ commentary that I had heard the day before. I was amazed at how differently I saw a lot of the ‘big’ decisions from the way the commentary team called it. To be fair to those guys, the press positions weren’t best placed for them to see the incidents at the far goal in front of the Green Army and they wouldn’t have had the benefit of TV replays. The iFollow coverage, however, gave a different perspective and, although it galls me to say this, my reluctant conclusions are that the ref probably got their pen right as well as Taylor’s non-pen and dive. I suppose the moral of the story is to place more emphasis on what you see with your own eyes rather than listening to someone else... :eek:)

Oh dear you can't say that on here. It is always the ref fault on Pasoti when Argyle lose. Don't you know that? I got suspended by the powers that be here last night for challenging the party line!

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":y99z8x20 said:
Just home.

I don't think you can really blame the referee for the defeat, he was poor but we put ourselves in a very tough position, it was a stonewall penalty for them and a stupid second yellow for Ness, those were the two big decisions and those were correct in my view.

We stepped up a few gears when we went to ten men but we still didn't really create anything much clear cut.

It wasn't a terrible performance but it wasn't a good one either, frustrating because I thought Coventry on the whole looked poor and sloppy, they were there for the taking and on a perfect pitch in one of the least intimidating grounds you'll ever play in, we didn't do enough.

Anyway, on to Tuesday.

Macey 8
Moore 8
Wootton 5
Canavan 5
Smith-Brown 7
Songo'o - 6
Ness - 3
C. Grant - 5
Carey - 3
J. Grant - 5
Ladapo - 5

Taylor - 5
Lamerias - 7
Fox - 5

If Coventry were so poor as you say we could be in big trouble. They had 16 shots on goal and 6 on target. Far more than us.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think the majority of those efforts came later in the game when we were down to 10 and therefore space was opening up at the back. I'd agree with Adams in saying that Coventry didn't really trouble us going forward until the final 20 minutes or so, they were also vulnerable in defence throughout, and their passing was pretty sloppy, a missed opportunity in my opinion.

I thought both Walsall & Southend were more impressive

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":3b8zd55v said:
I think the majority of those efforts came later in the game when we were down to 10 and therefore space was opening up at the back. I'd agree with Adams in saying that Coventry didn't really trouble us going forward until the final 20 minutes or so, they were also vulnerable in defence throughout, and their passing was pretty sloppy, a missed opportunity in my opinion.

I thought both Walsall & Southend were more impressive

And despite all that they beat us. Worrying.

You also suggested we played better when we went down to 10 men yet now say that is when they had most of their chances/shots.. :crazy:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Interesting quote from Coventry's manager Mark robins, post match.

'We dealt with it for the most part but every time we went near him he [Ryan Taylor the Plymouth
forward]is going to ground and he is trying to earn free kicks. But we saw that this is part of their game'

Was t really as obvious as that?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":2zyssnui said:
Interesting quote from Coventry's manager Mark robins, post match.

'We dealt with it for the most part but every time we went near him he [Ryan Taylor the Plymouth
forward]is going to ground and he is trying to earn free kicks. But we saw that this is part of their game'

Was t really as obvious as that?

Yes.

Can't argue with Robins post match interview, we were going down easily, Taylor especially.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Tayls hasn’t had the best start to a season has he..