Brief synopsis | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Sep 6, 2006
Shoenice":qyti3oru said:
I'd also add that whilst Moore had a shocker (and ASB not much better), one reason for this was that they kept having to come inside to press on a player more centrally. This naturally of course pulls them out of their own position and creates a gap out wide. I'd argue that this was somewhat the responsibility of our central midfielders and particularly Fox (whose legs have gone). I don't think they helped the cause for our full backs. Luton's midfield were going through our midfield like a knife through butter. Way too much space infront of them which ASB and Moore tried to come inside and compensate for.

I really don't think ASB and Moore compensated for anything. They look like boys amongst men. Completely lost.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2h4a1nn1 said:
Shoenice":2h4a1nn1 said:
I'd also add that whilst Moore had a shocker (and ASB not much better), one reason for this was that they kept having to come inside to press on a player more centrally. This naturally of course pulls them out of their own position and creates a gap out wide. I'd argue that this was somewhat the responsibility of our central midfielders and particularly Fox (whose legs have gone). I don't think they helped the cause for our full backs. Luton's midfield were going through our midfield like a knife through butter. Way too much space infront of them which ASB and Moore tried to come inside and compensate for.

I really don't think ASB and Moore compensated for anything. They look like boys amongst men. Completely lost.

Personally I think they were both signed to be back up and due to injuries have ended up being exposed to a lot more football than ready for.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
ASB is just as bad as Moore, so I'm not sure why ASB has a bit of a fan club whilst Moore has a mob out for him. We took Threlkeld for granted & we still take Sawyer for granted, they're far better.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
SwimWithTheTide":1oiesazg said:
Precisely NJ has had moderate backing at Luton to match his entertaining brand. I'm not convinced he would do a better job than Adams at Argyle.

With the players at our disposal right now, his brand of football i think would be great with our front guys. Adams just dose not like pressing attacking football.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Cobi Budge":2ske3prv said:
ASB is just as bad as Moore, so I'm not sure why ASB has a bit of a fan club whilst Moore has a mob out for him. We took Threlkeld for granted & we still take Sawyer for granted, they're far better.

I don't think Sawyer's far better, but of the two I'd go for Sawyer.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Nobby":23pyzh4w said:
Balham_Green":23pyzh4w said:
Shoenice":23pyzh4w said:

Personally I think they were both signed to be back up and due to injuries have ended up being exposed to a lot more football than ready for.
Agreed re. Moore but wasn't Sawyer fit for the opening day and ASB simply picked ahead of him?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
correct ASB started the season ahead of Gary Sawyer...

Jun 2, 2016
Having been at the game I just watched the first half back again, not really believing how we could be so poor.
In a crowded field ,award for worst player went to Sarcevic.
Closely followed by Carey.
Criminal ineptitude and shocking lack of professionalism.

Jul 12, 2016
Really doesn't matter how bad it was. Hallett will be advised by Brent that Adams is the best thing since sliced bread and they will continue to back him. The fans meanwhile have to suffer the embarrassment and are almost powerless to do anything about it. The joys of supporting Argyle!