Brief Synopsis | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
moles40":2w94xxac said:
The defence should have been RL first priority.It really is an utter joke.Its not getting any better.

Utter amateur defending still.Look at their first goal yesterday,,penalty would never have even been a possibility if the defender has just cleared the ball forward,instead of dithering on the ball and giving it away.

An utter shambles and travesty of a defence,still :doh:
i can't understand why aimson is on the bench.

Jul 12, 2016
Cobi Budge":3m4u18wn said:
I find it odd that during the recruitment process, people were crying out for a positive, upbeat manager to come in and re-energise the club after years of talking down and expectation management. That’s exactly what we got, yet now, people are annoyed about it & want to go back to expectation management.
Agreed but not somebody to b.lls..t his way out of trouble. We already had that with DA. How players cannot be motivated to win a local derby is beyond me. Don't modern players play for the shirt anymore? We are in division 2 yet we are still struggling with the same gutless displays as under DA.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
green eyed monster":lh1r4sd2 said:
lyndhurst13":lh1r4sd2 said:
phil-thefluter24":lh1r4sd2 said:
Am afraid Lowe is starting to look like a typical Scouser chancer & most definitely a victim of his own spin. He has laid himself wide open to criticism. Not the least heaping a load of pressure on Mayor by saying he was better than Carey orLlamieras really at best he is just an average lower league player. Also he only brought a few players from the Bury promotion squad , players that probably made Mayor look a lot better.
That "performance" yesterday was inexcusable a big blunder on Lowes part to spend all week playing down the importance of the match this must have got through to the players. He has a week now to kick ass & put it right

Agree with almost every word of the above, particularly the first sentence.
I fail to see how him being a 'scouser' has any relevance at all...

Anyone who thinks Mayor is an average lower league player hasn't got a clue. Why he didn't start yesterday is a mystery.

Mar 14, 2009
oldage":23ypqnuh said:
Cobi Budge":23ypqnuh said:
I find it odd that during the recruitment process, people were crying out for a positive, upbeat manager to come in and re-energise the club after years of talking down and expectation management. That’s exactly what we got, yet now, people are annoyed about it & want to go back to expectation management.
Agreed but not somebody to b.lls..t his way out of trouble. We already had that with DA. How players cannot be motivated to win a local derby is beyond me. Don't modern players play for the shirt anymore? We are in division 2 yet we are still struggling with the same gutless displays as under DA.

Lowe’s signings were just as bad yesterday.

However, the same theme remains. Riley, Canavan, Sawyer, Sarcevic, J Grant were in that starting line up. There is too many of them still in the squad from last year. They were gutless then, so there is no surprise it’s the same attributes we see now.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":3tlwa9da said:
There is no excuses for a lack of commitment and work rate.

So on those missing attributes yesterday l truly understand why everyone would be upset over this.

However, on the playing side l don’t understand people’s lack of patience. Weren’t the majority upset by the football we played under Adams? Didn’t we want to see better football?

Well, maybe lm being completely naive about this but to play better football you have to find players at league two level who can do it. Personally, l think that pool of players is limited so it takes surely more time to find them and to build a side than your Wycombe or Newport style teams of this world who are hard to break down, are very good at set pieces and work hard over the pitch. You can surely implement that type of style straight away because first and foremost you make yourself hard to beat.

Right from the start of this season you can see that isn’t the way we play. We are open. Give teams a chance on the counter attack. Unfortunately, we don’t have the right blend of players to be consistent and play the ball quickly for attacking football.

I’m starting to think it all about results in football. If it wasn’t we would surely give managers more time and understanding. I look at Barnsley. Last year they came to HP and played some wonderful football. This season in a higher league against financially stronger teams they struggled to play their football. What on earth did they expect to happen realistically?? Yet instead of being patient they sacked their manager Daniel Stendel.

The direction of our club and blueprints is to play better football. That’s why Ryan Lowe is here. We could have got in a manager like Flynn and made us very hard to beat.

If Lowe can’t make us a decent attacking, successful team within two seasons then l dare say he will go. But if the blueprint remains the same the next manager might struggle because of how we are wanting to play possession based football. With limited resources Argyle might not be able to bring in the players you need to play this style.

For me though the club has finally a direction both on and off the field. Despite yesterday’s embarrassment l feel positive about our future. When that time comes we turn this around l hope people realise sometimes you just have to wait.

Well said.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I really don’t why Ryan Lowe being a scouser is relevant in any way. Seems a pretty low, gutter way for people to criticise the manager.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":2k1l8vei said:
Cobi Budge":2k1l8vei said:

Realistically speaking, why would you expect players and a manager who have been here a few months, largely from the north, having never played in a Devon derby... to give two 5hits about Exeter bleddy City.

Hopefully they will now, but it’s not hard to see how they might not be as fired up about the game as fans were.

May 1, 2011
Biggs":21dmdnqd said:
oldage":21dmdnqd said:
Cobi Budge":21dmdnqd said:

Realistically speaking, why would you expect players and a manager who have been here a few months, largely from the north, having never played in a Devon derby... to give two 5hits about Exeter bleddy City.

Hopefully they will now, but it’s not hard to see how they might not be as fired up about the game as fans were.

Because realistically everyone connected with football understands derby games?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yes, there’s a difference between understanding it and actually being fired up by it.

Having said that, it seems clear there was an effort from the management to make this feel like a normal league game to the media... and presumably the players. That’s obviously backfired, and he probably won’t be making the same mistake next time. These things happen with a bunch of players and coaching staff that are completely new to the club and area.

Jul 12, 2016
Biggs":149sjq7c said:
Yes, there’s a difference between understanding it and actually being fired up by it.

Having said that, it seems clear there was an effort from the management to make this feel like a normal league game to the media... and presumably the players. That’s obviously backfired, and he probably won’t be making the same mistake next time. These things happen with a bunch of players and coaching staff that are completely new to the club and area.

Are you seriously suggesting that Lowe and Co would not have realised the importance of winning a game between two local rivals? Perhaps they didn't realise Plymouth and Exeter were in Devon! Sawyer and Joel Grant were certainly aware.

May 16, 2016
Derby or not, I'd like to think our professional, well paid Players and Management would be 'up' for every game. Regardless of the opposition.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":c961q1z0 said:
Biggs":c961q1z0 said:
nikkk":c961q1z0 said:
I hope our owner is watching social media tonight. No we did not enjoy the match/experience. Our customer satisfaction is a big flipping 0 and more community engagement will not help !!!

The owner funded 150k compensation for our promotion-winning management team, the signing of the reigning League 2 player of the year, and the redevelopment of the grandstand.

What more do you want, and what is your problem with Simon Hallett exactly?

He panicked and sacked Derek Adams.

Let it go, stop banging on about an ex manager who after 4 seasons had taken the club all the way from league 2 to league 2.

May 8, 2011
Bristol Rich":1f2n3twt said:
HC Green":1f2n3twt said:
Biggs":1f2n3twt said:
nikkk":1f2n3twt said:
I hope our owner is watching social media tonight. No we did not enjoy the match/experience. Our customer satisfaction is a big flipping 0 and more community engagement will not help !!!

The owner funded 150k compensation for our promotion-winning management team, the signing of the reigning League 2 player of the year, and the redevelopment of the grandstand.

Let it go, stop banging on about an ex manager who after 4 seasons had taken the club all the way from league 2 to league 2.

So you think I shouldn’t hold an opinion that the Chairman panicked?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
HC Green":20y60ekn said:
Bristol Rich":20y60ekn said:
HC Green":20y60ekn said:
Biggs":20y60ekn said:
nikkk":20y60ekn said:

So you think I shouldn’t hold an opinion that the Chairman panicked?
He probably panicked too late. Adams should have been sacked a long time before he was.

Feb 16, 2011
Can I just let you guys know that Oshea is playing out here in the Oz league and is not the great savior a lot of people are making him out to be. Average at best.