Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Aug 2, 2011
Been evident for sometime now that we are at best inconsistent and in truth a poor side. We have a manager who talks the talk but certainly does not walk it. Full of grand gestures and statements but out of his depth. If we are lucky we will hang on to a middle position. Mayor best player in league 2 - I do not think so. Mr Hallett is going to have to make some difficult but essential decisions by the end of this season. Keep on like this and the Grandstand will remain an empty memorial to a weak gutless team.

Feb 24, 2008
I'm a fan of Lowe but i must admit his comments about it being " Just Another Game " got my Alarm Bells ringing ! Good God ! It's the 1st Fixture both sets of Fans look for when the Fixtures come out in the Summer ! It might not be considered a " Big " Derby to the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd etc but to us it's " Massive "

Bittery Disappointed !

greenplumber

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
Hapless, hopeless and no passion whatsoever, Soft penalty and it went down hill from there. Looking forward to the January transfer window when we can get rid of some of our defenders. josh Grant needs to go tack to Chelsea cus the 4th tier is too difficult for him.

Nov 2, 2004
plymouth1970":16crlzcn said:
Just another game apparently.

Go off back to the North West or spend more than 3 days a week in Plymouth . Wannabbe hooly.
3 days a week? Where does that come from?

Jan 30, 2016
Sometimes you have a bad day at the office. It is not the end of the world -I am sure that Lowe will put things right. Let's just move on.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
plymouth1970":1cc2zznx said:
Just another game apparently.

Go off back to the North West or spend more than 3 days a week in Plymouth . Wannabbe hooly.

Where on earth have you got 3 days a week from?

May 1, 2011
AlanMS":1jf6dd2h said:
Sometimes you have a bad day at the office. It is not the end of the world -I am sure that Lowe will put things right. Let's just move on.

Why are you sure?

I doubt anyone was there today will just casually move on.

Mar 14, 2009
Well that was embrassing to sit through.

Slightly annoyed by the fact that Lowe went down the tunnel at the end of the game and the players had to face the music. I think he should have fronted it up with the rest of the players.

So this is going to be my last post for a while. If you look at the brief synopsis on Tuesday night l explained why Argyle would struggle for promotion this season. Everything l talked, especially Argyle's lack of physical presence came to fruition today. Upfront the players lack of ability to hold onto the ball. Midfield the players not battling for the ball. Defensively to win set pieces.

I think people think lm off my rocker and love to pick fault with Argyle but if you look at the issues l pointed out with this team then l think you could see them today. I dont write these things because l want to. It's just how l see things on a football pitch.

Now l imagine people are fuming. I'm very annoyed currently. However, the truth is l knew our team had serious issues and unfortunately they showed up in a game like today. So because l thought this type of performance was around the corner l think l will be more forgiving of it simply because the system and the personnel doesn't marriage together. Why Lowe keeps playing this system lm not sure. Or his insistence to build up slowly with players who just don't have the ability

Despite all this lm totally behind Lowe. Not because l think 100% he will sort this but because you need to give a new manager 12-18 months. Unfortunately, as l said l think tough times ahead if he persists in this system and style of play with the current crop of players.

Fingers crossed things get better. I don't know why but l just believe in him as a person and a manager to get things right.

Enjoy the ride. Its gonna be bumpy :scarf:

My first game this season - albeit on iFollow, so what do I make of a 4-0 local derby defeat ?

Coming from the hype of pre-season hysteria, I have been criticised by some exalted posters for my negativity !

Maybe, I saw it vividly tonight [my time ?]

This attacking, entertaining and positive football [or whatever was spouted was hardly evident against the local rivals ?

Thoughts ?

Our ball distribution was non-existent.

Our decision making was poor - hence the penalty.

Our midfield [IF they existed] were playing too often facing their own goal.

Our strike force were forced to dig a lone furrow, too often isolated, too often out-numbered.

Tactically, we were well beaten by a guy called Nicky Law - who ran the show in the first half - and the writing SHOULD have been on the wall.

But no, we are better than that...………………..NO WE ARE NOT !

We were too complacent, too square, too slow, too lazy of thought and too lazy of mind.

It was NO BETTER than watching Derek Adams' team.

Too many players seem like round pegs in square holes, NOT one player stood out as being exceptional.

Play-offs ?

Promotion ?

I think Ryan Lowe based on his hype and delivery so far this season is seriously disillusioned IF he really believes that this team on this performance can even sniff it

I hope I am wrong but at the moment the Exeter City fans tell me I am right.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Bristol Rich":l19os1ow said:
Gutless, we were well and truly beaten up.

Walked out when the 4th went in. Surely no one clapped that performance?

Oh, I'm sure somebody did. Tame acceptance of failure and mediocrity is part of this fanbase. People around me in the Lyndhurst applauding politely after relegation post-Scunthorpe was what finally convinced me to take a break from going to Argyle for at least the 19/20 season.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Preparation all wrong
Talk of it being just another game and of being the bigger club by Lowe backfiring badly

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Preparation all wrong
Talk of it being just another game and of being the bigger club by Lowe backfiring badly

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
RL’s response

Not very good. I thought there was not enough willingness, and fight and desire and commitment. That’s what my teams are about. They know that, they are aware of that. But, look, that result ain’t going to define our season. It has defined the fans’ weekend and we are very disappointed. We have let them down also and we apologise to them for that, but what we have got to do now is bounce back very quickly.”

Jun 2, 2016
Shoenice":3qtbeee7 said:
A reality check for some of our delusional fanbase on here, Cobi Budge etc

Weird comment. To many in Plymouth being positive is 'delusional'. Give me that all day every day over the constant bleating and whingeing that some enjoy.