Brief Synopsis | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Shankster":3r7eujma said:
Cobi Budge":3r7eujma said:
Shankster":3r7eujma said:
Sarcevic is an overweight, ten-a-penny Sunday league halfwit, currently argyle’s best player by a country mile

Question....?

Ridiculous.

Sarcevic has been very good so far this season, he didn’t play well today but was one of those giving everything.

The myth that he’s overweight/lazy is also ridiculous.

And there you have it, what you know about football is written on a penny black, it isn’t your fault and you should be congratulated on your commitment, bit you’re an imbecile as far as football is concerned

Out of order! Have a night off.

Aug 15, 2015
It's very clear that despite recent good form and some of the talent on our books, they lack a bit of fight and spirit. We saw this in the Swindon game where despite a strong last 20 and better second half, it was a performance without real desire. I wasn't there today but it sounds like a similar story. We have some fancy players in Mayor, Cooper, Baxter etc. There is a slight cockiness and taking for granted feeling about this team as opposed to the kind of team(s) we are used to seeing Aargyle field. We are almost playing fantasy football in terms of how attacking we look to be and the will to win and work alongside that talent is missing a little bit I feel.

Feb 4, 2011
cornwall
We need a captain that can get the players motivated when things are not happening all we have is someone who seems to think after the coin is tossed that is the end of his job

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3bnl0h55 said:
Shankster":3bnl0h55 said:
Cobi Budge":3bnl0h55 said:
Shankster":3bnl0h55 said:
Sarcevic is an overweight, ten-a-penny Sunday league halfwit, currently argyle’s best player by a country mile

Question....?

Ridiculous.

Sarcevic has been very good so far this season, he didn’t play well today but was one of those giving everything.

And there you have it, what you know about football is written on a penny black, it isn’t your fault and you should be congratulated on your commitment, bit you’re an imbecile as far as football is concerned

Quite right. Saves me replying to him. What an awful man, although chances are he's been on the pop.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":1taiu8ac said:
PL2 3DQ":1taiu8ac said:
Shankster":1taiu8ac said:
Cobi Budge":1taiu8ac said:
Shankster":1taiu8ac said:

Question....?

Ridiculous.

Quite right. Saves me replying to him. What an awful man, although chances are he's been on the pop.

Probably not been on the pop, just a bully.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Desperately feeble stuff today, one of the worst Argyle performances in the last decade. Does nothing to dissuade me that Ryan Lowe is a bit of a chancer with some nice patter and a slick haircut.

Apr 9, 2011
PL2 3DQ":37ooyyet said:
The pre-match comments from each manager were like chalk and cheese, Lowe saying 'it's just another game' while Taylor impressed the importance of bragging rights.
Those comments set the tone plus, as at most football clubs, we don't have players with an affinity to Argyle with the exception of Gary Sawyer.
We have lower league journeyman who just follow the wages and today showed they couldn't be bothered.
We then had four loan players starting today, they sure as hell didn't look committed and in theory could be back at their parent clubs in January.

A Paul Wotton, a David Friio, a Luke McCormick wouldn't have given up after the first goal was conceded today.

In hindsight it was all a recipe for disaster and so it proved but there's still no excuse for showing no commitment, passion or fight in the game.

The Grimsby game is now a big test of character for the manager and players. A fist pump after the game or sulking down the tunnel?

Despite their financial troubles Macclesfield are just 3 points behind us with a game in hand.
Spot on

Aug 11, 2013
How does Lowe motivate the opposition - he opens his mouth:

“Matty [Taylor] has done a terrific job up there. It’s a club that, without being disrespectful, it’s not like an Argyle, you know what I mean?”

That must have been gold dust for Matty Taylor. All he needed to do was pin that to to the whiteboard and his job was done.

He needs to think before opening his gob.

Jun 25, 2019
That was a Shameful Performance, reminds me of the latter part of last Season.

Ryan Lowe - A Triumph of Confidence over Talent?

Jan 27, 2012
Lowe has limited experience as a manager and, frankly, it shows. The Jury is still out on him I think.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":3nn11swp said:
Embarrassing!

Exeter wanted it more and were fired up, they won most of the challenges and 50/50s, we were soft and to us 'it was just another game'.

Up until the first goal we held our own, Sarcevic has a shot well saved but Josh Grant put a pass into Edwards who was under pressure, Grant didn't follow the loose ball and then fouled the Exeter player to give away a penalty, although it looked harsh.
1-0 to Exeter.
Mistakes by Grant also cost us goals against Cheltenham and Scunthorpe.

From that point it was one of the most spineless and gutless performance any Argyle fan has seen.
We'll get some nice post match soundbites from Lowe and the players but it's on the pitch that counts.
Credit to Matt Taylor for firing up his players.

Exeter wanted it more.

The early goal in the second half killed the game. Amazingly Josh Grant wasn't subbed at half time and even more bizarre the back three formation remained, maybe it was damage limitation because it looked like Exeter would score from every attack.

The second goal was poor defending at a set-piece and it was game over.
Joel Grant rounded the keeper but a great tackle stopped him from scoring.

The Exeter players were diving into tackles,fighting and making sure we couldn't get back into the game.
If only the Argyle players had shown just 10% of that commitment.

The third and fourth goals by Exeter were well deserved.

We'll have to except we are an inconsistent team, a few good results will soon be followed by not only a bad result but also a shockingly bad performance.
What we as fans shouldn't accept is players just giving up as they did today.

Man of the match - no player.

Exeter wanted it more.

Palmer 5, Josh Grant 2, Canavan 5, Sawyer 5, Edwards 4, Riley 4, Sarcevic 5, Cooper 5, McFadzean 4, Rudden 4, Joel Grant 5. Subs Mayor 4, B Moore 5, Clarke n/a.

Every time Josh Grant plays he costs us a goal. Another Tafari Moore. Return to sender

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":2qoagvhy said:
Keepitgreen":2qoagvhy said:
PL2 3DQ":2qoagvhy said:
Shankster":2qoagvhy said:
Cobi Budge":2qoagvhy said:
Shankster":2qoagvhy said:

Question....?

Ridiculous.

Probably not been on the pop, just a bully.

Ive been banned for a week for less. A very arrogant individual. None so blind as those that wont see.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Shankster":3hazf1bk said:
Cobi Budge":3hazf1bk said:
Shankster":3hazf1bk said:

Question....?

Ridiculous.

You are well out of order Mr Shankster.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I had the ignominy of having to sit with the delirious Excreta fans all singing "can we play you every week".

Their penalty was soft. I thought it was shoulder to shoulder, and a number of Excreta fans were saying the same at half time. However, the tippy tappy thing to a marked man on the edge of our own penalty area gave them the opening, and it all went south from there.

We continued to play short passing at the back and Excreta, as with a number of other teams, were happy to let us do so and played a high, fast pressing game, piling on the pressure which often led to Palmer lumping it up to the forwards anyway. Our passes were more often than not wildly over hit and mis-placed. Joel Grant, who was getting pelters from the home fans could scarcely get control of the ball all afternoon. I do think the toxicity towards him, got to him.

Once the second goal went in, the Grecians were flying into challenges all over the park to keep us out. Fair play to them for showing the level of aggression I would have hoped we too would have.

The third goal was well taken by Williams, who had the kind of Lameiras touches which none of our players seemed capable of today.

Argyle fans were streaming out of the ground at this point and being waved cheerio in an excitable way all around me.

The fourth goal seemed likely and it came.

We were third best of the two teams. I think Mr Lowe has to recognise he does not have the quality ball players at the back for the way that he seems determined to play. It has costs us numerous points this season with more to come I suspect. Although we were second best in the first half, had we gone in at half time all square, there may have been a glimmer of hope for us. As one Excreta fan I overheard said at half time, "Argyle won't be that bad in the second half". Well he was wrong !

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Why didn`t Mr Lowe field the same team that scored 4 in the first half on Tuesday and played with skill and energy? Oh wait, he did.