Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Mar 8, 2016
10 goals conceded and 1 goal scored in the last 3 league games is of huge concern. Unfortunately I feel we will slip into a relegation battle, we can’t play like that and win games, it was beyond dreadful. Very worrying.

Mar 14, 2009
I could accept it more looking shaky at the back if we looked very good in our attacking play.

I honestly think his ‘bury’ formation really works but if teams sit back, with width, and hit us on the counter we are just so naive with our passing that they pick us off.

Tonight it was the end of Wootton and Canavan. Unfortunately, they will be here until the end of the season and because of this we will endure further nights like tonight.

Lowe has some tough decisions ahead. Stick to his principles with the current players and end or actually admit it doesn’t work.

For an attacking side we aren’t working the opposition goalkeeper enough. The two up front with a back 3 just doesn’t function as a pressing unit as it leaves gapping holes in midfield.

Personally l have a bad feeling he will plough on regardless with the system. However, if you don’t have the players to execute your game plan then in the short term this season could see us with a relegation battle on our hands.

I think that is what frustrates me most about watching Argyle. Going forward we just look clueless, unimaginative and blunt. The second half we put on added pressure but we just slung balls on more in hope than actual thought process behind it.

Sep 2, 2008
Another lacklustre amble around Home Park. Lowes tactical naivety is really starting to come to the fore now. Telling everyone how we are going to play and saying that we wont change is not confidence or belief in his players or the system, its sheer arrogance. The players he has recruited are not good enough to play how he wants them to play. There is no energy in the middle of the park so he keeps Camara on the bench. A lot of the players are misfiring or cant be bothered so he takes off Edward's who is one of the few players that consistently delivers. He keeps playing Nouble who is not good enough for this league and persists in playing G. Cooper who despite having the ball gently rolling towards him, six yards out and under no pressure sidefoots his shot along the floor for a defender, who was already ducking out of the way, to block it. Fornah is a waste of rations. He doesnt affect the game in anyway. He doesnt break up any opposition attack and certainly doesnt work hard enough to make himself available to take a ball from the back 3. I said a while back that for me this game against Rochdale (an established league 1 side) would serve as a marker for how I think we will fare in league one....imo we are really going to struggle this season.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
WoodsyGreen":196le7il said:
Please let's not start the 'something is wrong in the camp' stuff. Nothing is wrong behind the scenes. We took a pasting at Fleetwood and it's rattled a few heads, including that of the manager, who is now chopping and changing to such an alarming degree that we've started a tailspin.

The only way out of it will be to play a settled side for the next three games at least. Pick the players who looked so competent for that little run between Doncaster and Portsmouth. Let the defence develop an understanding. Maybe bring in McCormick to provide some experience at the back.

Ipswich are in a similar tailspin to us and are probably the ideal opposition after that shambles tonight. They've got big problems on and off the pitch and are there for the taking.

Play our strongest XI please!

Easy thing to say but does RL know what it is.

The Aimson/Opoku and Wotton/Canavan rotation at Fleetwood and now tonight suggests not.

Think our gaffer was happier with the 3 subs ruling was in play.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
so easy to beat us at the moment.just run at us,close us down and we make mistakes.any opposing manager will play that way against us.our coaching team need to find lots of new tricks.if teams were awarded points for sideways and backward passes we would be top of the premier league. :facepalm:
my ratings;
Cooper 0, Wootton 0, Canavan 0, Watts 6, Fornah 5, Edwards 9, Grant 0, Reeves 0, G Gooper 0, Nouble 0, Jephcott 8. Subs Moore 2, Hardie 6, Opoku 5, Aimson 1, Camara 3

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It was off from the first few seconds, they ran through at will straight away.

Was very odd, and eerily reminiscent of a few home midweek games under DA where we never turned up from the first minute. I think Blackpool 0-3 was one?

Aug 11, 2013
This was almost like ‘i’ve lost the dressing room’ performance but I don’t believe that’s true for a moment. That’s how it felt though.

League 1 is a strong old league and I think the limitations of our squad are now beginning to show.

We all knew Canavan and Wootton would struggle but I think Lowe was right to give them a chance for what they did last year. It’s just not worked out.

Connor Grant was given one last chance. The free kick was good but that aside he’s never really delivered for us. Just seems to go through the motions every game.

Big Frank - I don’t know what to say. Just a big lump with few attributes. Can’t shoot. Can’t head. Can’t hold the ball up. Poor touch.

Moore - seems a yard slower which is a shame as I’m a big fan. Hardie and Cooper have struggled to make the step up although a goal or two could change Hardies fortunes. I’d stick with him ahead of Nouble.

Lowe’a biggest clanger was not securing Palmers signature.

The rest of the squad are pretty decent and I think we can find a winning formula again. We need a settled side and players shouldn’t fear losing their place for a bad decision because I think half the trouble at the moment is everyone is playing the safe pass to avoid being dropped.

I want Ryan Lowe with us for the long haul and I hope he’s learning as a manager with every game - good or bad.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Don't worry 'arry, Lowe's chances of being poached soon by a Championship side have decreased significantly after Fleetwood and tonight.

His apprenticeship will continue at Home Park.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
something that irritates the life out of me.when we do play the ball sideways it is rarely just in front of the player you passed to and stops any momentum.

Mar 21, 2006
Steve Evans":1dn76k2e said:
something that irritates the life out of me.when we do play the ball sideways it is rarely just in front of the player you passed to and stops any momentum.

Yes that's so true! It's usually either behind them or at best direct to them when really it should be just in front of them so they can take it in their stride. Canavan is usually better at this to be fair but he was shocking tonight.

Aug 4, 2011
Balham_Green":2r4p43y9 said:
football-bet-data":2r4p43y9 said:
McCormick simply has to come in. Confidence, leadership, communication is what’s needed. I’d maintain Canavan as Opoku is off next month but would certainly bring Aimson in for Wootton.

We need bite in midfield. Edwards back in the middle. Moore on the right if we simply have to play this 3-5-2 week in week out.

Jephcott and Hardie to start next 5 games together. Mayor should return if fit and nothing more sinister. Cooper at LWB certainly at home as he links up well with Mayor

What has Hardie done to deserve a place?
Best partner for Jephcott who simply has to play. At least Hardie gets chances to miss. A run of games and these two will score goals

Jun 27, 2019
Biggs":23z6ydip said:
It was off from the first few seconds, they ran through at will straight away.

Was very odd, and eerily reminiscent of a few home midweek games under DA where we never turned up from the first minute. I think Blackpool 0-3 was one?

The first-half was almost a carbon copy of the Mansfield home game last season. The key difference being that League One sides take their chances.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
football-bet-data":1li37l3h said:
Balham_Green":1li37l3h said:
football-bet-data":1li37l3h said:
McCormick simply has to come in. Confidence, leadership, communication is what’s needed. I’d maintain Canavan as Opoku is off next month but would certainly bring Aimson in for Wootton.

We need bite in midfield. Edwards back in the middle. Moore on the right if we simply have to play this 3-5-2 week in week out.

Jephcott and Hardie to start next 5 games together. Mayor should return if fit and nothing more sinister. Cooper at LWB certainly at home as he links up well with Mayor

Best partner for Jephcott who simply has to play. At least Hardie gets chances to miss. A run of games and these two will score goals

I agree. I think the question would be what has Nouble done to stay in the team and sadly the answer would be, nothing

Sep 6, 2006
football-bet-data":1sce0k3s said:
Balham_Green":1sce0k3s said:
football-bet-data":1sce0k3s said:

Can't see it. I also think there is a role for Frank but not target man. He caused us a lot of probs at Col. U last season out wide.