Brief Synopsis | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Sep 2, 2008
Cobi Budge":6dfw1d9w said:
Find it really strange that some people are blaming Cooper for their second goal. It had far more to do with the absolutely gigantic space left in the middle of the park and directly in front of the defence. If Fornah was in that pocket and shielding properly then the chance wouldn't have come about. Fornah is very tidy on the ball but off it, his positioning is really quite poor and we're giving up too much opportunities to our opponents as a result.

142576178_1348174048881629_8342795922881124193_n.jpg

142418975_1348175412214826_4309330459009377040_n.jpg

You're preaching to the converted as far as I'm concerned. I've been saying this for ages. He gets sucked in on this occasion when there was no need to make that move as we had 3 on 2 anyway. He has positioned himself badly in a few games which have resulted in the opposition scoring. CDM is not the position for him and whats strange is that Lowe keeps playing him there. He really is a liability....mag to grid.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":2el1dcxz said:
Cobi Budge":2el1dcxz said:
Find it really strange that some people are blaming Cooper for their second goal. It had far more to do with the absolutely gigantic space left in the middle of the park and directly in front of the defence. If Fornah was in that pocket and shielding properly then the chance wouldn't have come about. Fornah is very tidy on the ball but off it, his positioning is really quite poor and we're giving up too much opportunities to our opponents as a result.

142576178_1348174048881629_8342795922881124193_n.jpg

142418975_1348175412214826_4309330459009377040_n.jpg

You're preaching to the converted as far as I'm concerned. I've been saying this for ages. He gets sucked in on this occasion when there was no need to make that move as we had 3 on 2 anyway. He has positioned himself badly in a few games which have resulted in the opposition scoring. CDM is not the position for him and whats strange is that Lowe keeps playing him there. He really is a liability....mag to grid.

And the point is there was absolutely no need to be sucked in there, we already had 3 players in the vicinity, the space and time that Norwood then had to pick his pass to Sharp was criminal.

Mar 18, 2014
He's 21 .................. he's still learning. Reeves has played briefly at Premier League level.

Let the guy learn his trade FFS

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Vampires11":10dyz2r3 said:
He's 21 .................. he's still learning. Reeves has played briefly at Premier League level.

I'm not saying he's a poor player, in fact I've said several times he's very good on the ball, but he isn't aggressive enough or positionally aware enough yet to play the CDM role in our system. Also, he isn't our player so the learn his trade thing is a little less relevant to us than if he was.

Hopefully next season Adam Randell can be our main CDM.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
davie nine":2i1kdreb said:
You are right, philevs. I thought he did but, if you watch the start of the second half, which you can on BBCiPlayer, he, Mayor, lost possession more than 30 seconds before they scored their second goal and the goal happened after Camara broke away on the right and tried, unsuccessfully, to find Jephcott.

Thanks DN for the confirmation of my original observation. I was relying only on memory. My immediate thought at the time was 'here they [sheffield] go, we are wide open'

Sep 2, 2008
Vampires11":3brqupak said:

So you agree then...we would be better off having Reeves in there. I would much rather he learned from the bench tbh. Maybe come on in the last 15 mins if we have a decent lead.

Oct 5, 2013
Cobi Budge":2gdgkxot said:
Vampires11":2gdgkxot said:

Hear hear to that about Randell, in fact I wish he’d been recalled earlier this month instead of having his loan extended.

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":3jzac3q4 said:
Cobi Budge":3jzac3q4 said:
Vampires11":3jzac3q4 said:

Hear hear to that about Randell, in fact I wish he’d been recalled earlier this month instead of having his loan extended.

So how often have you seen him play?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2ywfoewn said:
philevs":2ywfoewn said:
Cobi Budge":2ywfoewn said:
Vampires11":2ywfoewn said:

I've watched a few of Torquay's games this season on Ifollow and he's been impressive. I also have a Torquay supporting friend who has watched every game and he rates him very highly. Whether that yet makes him good enough to play in League 1, I don't know, but it's certainly promising.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":294yn9b1 said:
Balham_Green":294yn9b1 said:
philevs":294yn9b1 said:
Cobi Budge":294yn9b1 said:
Vampires11":294yn9b1 said:

I've watched a few of Torquay's games this season on Ifollow and he's been impressive. I also have a Torquay supporting friend who has watched every game and he rates him very highly. Whether that yet makes him good enough to play in League 1, I don't know, but it's certainly promising.

As CDM? He looks lightweight

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":16q6ewhy said:
Cobi Budge":16q6ewhy said:
Balham_Green":16q6ewhy said:
philevs":16q6ewhy said:
Cobi Budge":16q6ewhy said:
Vampires11":16q6ewhy said:

As CDM? He looks lightweight

He's got a bit of bite about him, good positional sense, you don't necessarily have to be big to be a CDM, it's mostly about positioning & commitment. As I say, whether he's up to League 1 level yet or not I'm unsure and that'll be up to Lowe to determine.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Somehow, the guy needs to be given a chance to prove whether he can consistently cut it at Div One level. Luke J remember was playing for Truro City at a level 2 leagues below Torquay before he became successful in Argyle's team. I admit RL had him training mid week at Harpers Park so he could judge his physical performance and development. Does any body know if Adam Randell continues to doing any midweek training with Argyle, or is it all with The Turks?

Mar 21, 2006
Watching the Chelsea v Luton game today made me think how brave Lowe was with his formation against Sheffield Utd yesterday. Luton played 5 across the back and 4 across the middle in an attempt to limit Chelsea’s attacking opportunities. Luton didn’t ‘hoof it’ though - I thought they still tried to play it to feet but they were compact.

Argyle on the other hand took on a Premiership team and played them at their own game. That was brave. I thought in the first 20 mins we were wide open and it was difficult to watch because I was just waiting for United to open us up again and score. They had players who were considerably more technically proficient and on another day could have carved us open at will and been two or three ahead.

All credit to us though and we came more in to the game and competed. I think the players will have learned a lot from this game in terms of the need for ball retention and not giving it away cheaply.

I would have been more comfortable if Argyle had approached it as Luton did but maybe I’ve just got to get used to this. It was brave for sure.

Sep 3, 2009
silkman":2lixl4py said:
Watching the Chelsea v Luton game today made me think how brave Lowe was with his formation against Sheffield Utd yesterday. Luton played 5 across the back and 4 across the middle in an attempt to limit Chelsea’s attacking opportunities. Luton didn’t ‘hoof it’ though - I thought they still tried to play it to feet but they were compact.

Argyle on the other hand took on a Premiership team and played them at their own game. That was brave. I thought in the first 20 mins we were wide open and it was difficult to watch because I was just waiting for United to open us up again and score. They had players who were considerably more technically proficient and on another day could have carved us open at will and been two or three ahead.

All credit to us though and we came more in to the game and competed. I think the players will have learned a lot from this game in terms of the need for ball retention and not giving it away cheaply.

I would have been more comfortable if Argyle had approached it as Luton did but maybe I’ve just got to get used to this. It was brave for sure.

Agree it was brave and although we could have been put to the sword early on, we grew into the game. That move at 0-0 was class and such a shame Camara couldn’t finish it off.

We were clearly 2nd best but we stuck at it and took the game to them when we could. Contrast it with the Liverpool game a few years back when the 0-0 was dire to watch as we shoved 11 men behind the ball.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
WoodsyGreen":1543l5dq said:
For the second game in a row Cooper chose to double-punch a cross away rather than try to catch it - he did it once at Sunderland and twice today.

I wonder if he's been told to take that approach rather than try to catch crosses and risk dropping them?

He was impressive today and it was no surprise to read more than one Sheff Utd fan say they'd rather have Cooper than Ramsdale.
I agree that Cooper was impressive yesterday. Thinking of his dealing with crosses, how many Premier League or Championship keepers can you name who regularly come out and catch the ball in a crowded six yard box?
What is wrong with coming out and punching the ball away as long as he gets a decent amount of distance on the punch.
Even Alex Palmer, who was a lot taller, a bit older and supporters like to compare Cooper with, didn’t regularly come out and catch the ball at corners and free kicks.