Budget, location, facilities AND Adams transfer judgement | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Budget, location, facilities AND Adams transfer judgement

Jul 12, 2016
I still cannot understand how Adam's transfer judgement was so bad.He allegedly chased a number of his 10 signings for some time and they were signed early to enable them to be together for preseason. You would expect a couple of players to disappoint but not the majority.

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
Vyner had pace and could pass the ball. None of our 4 centre backs has either attribute. Neither do Songo'o nor O'Keefe. Which means EVERYTHING has to go through Fox. And he has 2 options: Lameiras or Carey. We haven't been this one dimensional since Pulis but at least we were cohesive and made an effort (and didn't lose as often) under TP.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Andy_Tall":g4ook52w said:
Vyner had pace and could pass the ball. None of our 4 centre backs has either attribute. Neither do Songo'o nor O'Keefe. Which means EVERYTHING has to go through Fox. And he has 2 options: Lameiras or Carey. We haven't been this one dimensional since Pulis but at least we were cohesive and made an effort (and didn't lose as often) under TP.

Pulis had half decent centre backs. We had one under contract last season, bit of a club hero really. Not the greatest footballer but certainly better than the 3 new models brought in to replace him. One can only surmise that the club and manager thought it wiser to blow 3 wages on mediocre, unwanted players than on giving a tried and tested performer an adequate raise

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
up_the_line":2l9860qo said:
Andy_Tall":2l9860qo said:

Pulis had half decent centre backs. We had one under contract last season, bit of a club hero really. Not the greatest footballer but certainly better than the 3 new models brought in to replace him. One can only surmise that the club and manager thought it wiser to blow 3 wages on mediocre, unwanted players than on giving a tried and tested performer an adequate raise

Totally agree. Bradley won a player of the year with us and was a key player with a decent injury record. We should paid a fair amount and given him a raise.

Also still don’t understand why we didn’t offer Luke a contract, we are weaker without him.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Several options to consider.

It's either a terrible budget and Adams has created a squad on scraps doomed for failure.

Adams has recruited terribly, misused the budget and created a squad doomed for failure.

Or Adams is unable to manage a very reasonable squad to perform.

My guess it's point 1 or 2. Anyone have any idea what Adams' mate Greg does?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Me me me... I know!

Greg recommends cheap players that are crocked or ones that still need development..

Apr 15, 2008
London
JannerinCardiff":3q4f91wg said:
up_the_line":3q4f91wg said:
Andy_Tall":3q4f91wg said:

Totally agree. Bradley won a player of the year with us and was a key player with a decent injury record. We should paid a fair amount and given him a raise.

Also still don’t understand why we didn’t offer Luke a contract, we are weaker without him.

I imagine, we would have had to pay his full wage, rather than part.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
SwimWithTheTide":1pus3cwb said:
Several options to consider.

It's either a terrible budget and Adams has created a squad on scraps doomed for failure.

Adams has recruited terribly, misused the budget and created a squad doomed for failure.

Or Adams is unable to manage a very reasonable squad to perform.

My guess it's point 1 or 2. Anyone have any idea what Adams' mate Greg does?

Are you referring to Greg Wylde? If so I'd love to know his secret because from where I'm sat I see a guy whose primary skill is being able to cross the ball over Yeovil aerodrome, being paid enough to park a fk off expensive motor like a complete mam and not having to do much apart from kick a ball around in training, keep himself in shape and have a holiday most of us could only dream of for a few months every summer.
Same goes for Ainsworth and it would seem probably Dyson as well.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Injuries cost us last season, so let's re-sign those injury prone players and a load of released player's that spent last season out injured to supplement the squad... Poverty budget?

Why are we a basket case club still? Sustainable... F off.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Who is this ‘Dyson’ you speak of?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
JannerinCardiff":1wm3l5jo said:
Who is this ‘Dyson’ you speak of?

All I can gather is that he's tall and rangy. Like Taylor and Ladapo. So basically Adams signed 3 similar strikers, 3 similar centre backs (slow basic blockers) and 2 wingers that he never intended to play anyway (Wylde and Ainsworth)
The budget might be crap but he really has managed to c0ck up putting it to best use

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Biggs":o58sja74 said:
I have a feeling that when the grandstand is done and investors see a club that owns its own modern, money making stadium with already approved plans for expansion... there will be massive interest.

But what about location? Or is the new grandstand going to be on the outskirts of London? Might help the accuracy of Wylde's crosses

May 16, 2016
Imagine if we could still get to Glasgow or Gatwick in about 90 minutes. Only Plymouth could gnaw it's own feet off and then moan about having to walk everywhere.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
excellent facilities down here,a great location to live,the players travel the day before for goodness sake not in their own cars.the budget we don't know but he has wasted money on burgoyne,macey and o'keefe.