Burgoyne breaks his ankle (and possible replacement) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Burgoyne breaks his ankle (and possible replacement)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":2vuqreyj said:
vibratingspider":2vuqreyj said:
Remi might become an option if Norwich sign Tim Krul as expected...
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-ci ... -1-5620160
He signed for them yesterday. I think Remi will stay to fight for the No.1 spot.

That’s a stretch, Remi is a good keeper but he won’t get ahead of Krul, he’d be much better off getting another season in L1 under his belt and raising his stock.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
This is not an easy one to solve, there is an argument to play Cooper, if he keeps a couple of clean sheets before the end of August, every Premier league club in the country will be after him (the way of the big clubs now) and all of a sudden we have a £2-£4 million asset on our hands. (Not that we want to sell, but for any business its a lovely safety net)
DA probably prefers the safer on loan route, but no guarantee of success.
DA doesn't see KL as a number 1 so that option i dont see.

Sad for the Wolves lad, finally a chance to shine and its taken away. Good luck to him and his recovery.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
If Matthews does come it is still a Krul blow for Burgoyne (Poges I gave you every chance!!)

D

Diddyman 1983

If that proves to be the end of his loan spell I guess we just have to move on and let Burgoynes be Burgoynes...

Jan 27, 2012
Poor fella.

Best he goes back to Wolves and they pay his wages.

I'd love it Matthews came back here. I'd love it even more if Argyle could get him on a permanent transfer.

Alongside Kennedy (St Johnstone) Matthews is another young player with real potential.

Jan 30, 2016
I would remind all those that are knocking Letheran that he hit some tremendous form after Mccormick got injured last year and he (Letheran) was a part of that tremendous run that we had mid-season. He was only replaced once he got injured himself. Yes he has some issues such as his kicking, but I do not think that he is as bad as some people make out.
So sorry that the lad got injured in Holland.

Jul 12, 2016
I also think Letheren is underrated,however,if DA does not consider him or Cooper is good enough ,regardless of budget, another goalkeeper will need to be signed.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Johndelve":3i56u8w4 said:
Rather suspect a replacement will largely depend on what budget ( if any) is still left .

If the loanee has returned to Wolves then we won't be paying for him.

Mar 14, 2009
I’m not sure we will get another keeper in.

Letheren did a decent job last season. What’s the point of having a squad if every time you have an injury you don’t think the back up is good enough. If that’s the case we shouldn’t really sign them as back up because effectively we are saying we don’t trust them.

Only a few days ago some people weren’t even sure who was our no1 was gonna be as people thought it was too close to call.

Mar 18, 2006
Argylegames":3760tna5 said:
Johndelve":3760tna5 said:
Rather suspect a replacement will largely depend on what budget ( if any) is still left .

Not sure what the position is but my understanding is that he was signed on a season long loan and as such unless wolves agree otherwise , we would be liable for his salary . ( or part depending upon deal terms).

Mar 14, 2009
Johndelve":24yx4jkr said:
Argylegames":24yx4jkr said:
Johndelve":24yx4jkr said:

Not sure what the position is but my understanding is that he was signed on a season long loan and as such unless wolves agree otherwise , we would be liable for his salary . ( or part depending upon deal terms).

I always thought these days players are insured so if an injury happens maybe the wages will be covered by that.

Feb 8, 2005
It starts again!!!!

Do we pay for a 4th short goalkeeper loan (no, a short term keeper loan, not a short goalkeeper, stupid!), or do we let Letheren play with Cooper on the bench until Burgoyne is fit enough to return. After all, he is on a season long loan and we could get away without paying for yet another goalkeeper in his absence.

Interesting situation for Adams to solve, but I suspect he will bring in another keeper. Whether he would be number one or number two is also an interesting saga.