Burton v Argyle Match thread | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Burton v Argyle Match thread

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
You've also got to be fair to other teams who are genuinely fighting for survival or relegation.

Oct 31, 2015
The Doctor":29zmusvu said:
Cobi Budge":29zmusvu said:
I was expecting a few more younger players to start, at this stage I'm not sure I see the point in starting Lewis, Watts or Fornah for example.

Unless they are potentially available for us next season.

I agree with Cobi the youngsters need a look in. The loanees are of no interest to us. I wouldn't want any of them next season to be honest.

We should be looking at next season and not worried about others teams feelings (Sunderland 2 X years ago anyone?)

Again we will need to score a couple because of our defensive woes. Unfortunately I hate to say it but I can see 3 X defeats in the trot :cry:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Doctor":1e0qeaev said:
Cobi Budge":1e0qeaev said:
I was expecting a few more younger players to start, at this stage I'm not sure I see the point in starting Lewis, Watts or Fornah for example.

Unless they are potentially available for us next season.

Lowe should know enough about the loanees by now but he doesn't know about the youngsters in match situations. A wasted opportunity.
Tomlinson also dropped from the squad.

Feb 8, 2005
You cannot field a weakened side against teams who are either going for promotion, or fighting against relegation.

The mantra that all teams should play each other in a fair and open manner is diminished in such circumstances.

The EFL could take a dim view if this were to happen and the Club could be fined, or worse.

Dependent on the scoreline, I would expect one or two youngsters to be included in the second halves, but I would not expect them to appear in the starting lineup, except if we were playing another club who also have nothing to play for.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I think people expecting a big turnover of players in the summer will be disappointed. I wouldn't mind seeing Watts and Opoku rejoin us, or Lewis for that matter. Midfield and the RWB are the areas of issue. We don't create enough.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I do find it a tad perplexing that people seem to think that the group who have put us in a position where relegation is a possibility, are also the same group who should be trusted to keep us up? Whilst we are essentially safe, I would like to see some fight in our remaining games, and I think we've got a better chance of seeing that from the younger players.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":26o9cga1 said:
I think people expecting a big turnover of players in the summer will be disappointed. I wouldn't mind seeing Watts and Opoku rejoin us, or Lewis for that matter. Midfield and the RWB are the areas of issue. We don't create enough.

We also defend nowhere near well enough, and Lewis/Watts/Opoku have been a part of that.

If you pressed me to keep someone, it would be Opoku, the rest I'm not bothered about.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Three promising Burton attacks so far all coming from midfield players getting wrong side of players they were supposedly covering.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
- Rochdale 1 (Jimmy Keohane 10') Accrington Stanley 0

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Forest of Dean Green":221h3a45 said:
I missed who the co-commentator is?

Guy Branston

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":3byoqr3u said:
Forest of Dean Green":3byoqr3u said:
I missed who the co-commentator is?

Guy Branston

Good that he’s not adverse to say what we’re doing wrong.