Burton v Argyle Match thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Burton v Argyle Match thread

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Red Card - (Ed Upson 36') Bristol Rovers

Jun 27, 2019
Never in all my time as an Argyle fan have I seen a team so desperate to end the season. They've been in beach mode for at least a month and I don't know why I keep spending my tenners on phoned-in performances like this one.

Roll on May. Hopefully we've got a vastly different team when we step out for our first pre-season friendly come July.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Poor.

A clear lack of desire on display from certain players, which really shouldn’t be acceptable at any stage of the season, Lowe needs to live up to his rhetoric and take them out of the team.

Nov 25, 2011
Apart from not knowing Ennis's status at the club, what a pleasant change to hear such unbiased and informed insights into the match and the qualities of the players from Branston. Can we have him as the pundit more often, please?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cobi Budge":264aej8b said:
Poor.

A clear lack of desire on display from certain players, which really shouldn’t be acceptable at any stage of the season, Lowe needs to live up to his rhetoric and take them out of the team.

Don't agree Cobi. Reasonably even, some poor individual technical moments but don't see a lack of desire. I think you're seeing what you want to see.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
We’ve had more possession than Burton and more shots. They look a bit slicker than us but really we’re looking okay apart from the sloppiness at the back that keeps putting us under pressure.

If results stay as they currently are we’ll be safe at the final whistle.

P

Paranoid Android

Argyle's own stats at half time are...

Passing accuracy - 65%
Shooting accuracy - 30%

Good and honest commentary.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Cobi Budge":e1n3xdvw said:
Poor.

Can't see it myself to be honest. Nothing much in it really against the form side in the division.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's not too bad, just a few individual mistakes but we are in the game, Burton are more physical and direct than we are.
However, our second half performances have been poor this season so can we buck the trend?

D

Deleted member 9145

Thought that was ok except for a couple of silly mistakes. Lewis is trying too hard if anything. Watts is a definite no for me, just too slow. Opoku and Fornah probably run their course, Hardie been good and Ennis would have bagged a couple on another day. But its 2nd half next Doh!