Burton v Argyle Match thread | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Burton v Argyle Match thread

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
keithobro":2caw71ni said:
Apart from not knowing Ennis's status at the club, what a pleasant change to hear such unbiased and informed insights into the match and the qualities of the players from Branston. Can we have him as the pundit more often, please?

His analysis of Opoku's errors in positioning were very sharp. Also noted how we are too casual one minute and chaotic the next. Story of the season, I'm afraid.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Well the only amusement i can find in watching that dross is Guy Branston doing the co commentary- he is certainly not mincing is words with regard to the shortcomings of certain players

That 45 minutes showed me what certain players think of playing for Argyle- question is does RL see what Guy Branston has seen & what the viewing public are watching :banghead:

Mar 4, 2004
Isn't this just normal service I don't see anyone not trying. Plenty of chances created, three great ones none taken and then a couple of howlers at the back. This is who we are currently and despite the doom mongers I think this team can get better with only a few changes.

D

Deleted member 9145

Looking at the updated table on the beeb, if results stay the same we're mathematically safe, yaaay

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
No changes for Loangyle.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It’s nice to have a co-commentator who doesn’t suck up to the club, but a lot of what he’s been saying makes no sense whatsoever. Slow the game down so that Burton doesn’t have chance to get their defence set???

Jul 12, 2016
Yammerman":38wvv7e7 said:
Isn't this just normal service I don't see anyone not trying. Plenty of chances created, three great ones none taken and then a couple of howlers at the back. This is who we are currently and despite the doom mongers I think this team can get better with only a few changes.
Not a few changes needed but a major overhaul. How many more times have we got to put up with substandard football?

P

Paranoid Android

oldage":1b9a8gbh said:
Not a few changes needed but a major overhaul. How many more times have we got to put up with substandard football?

1st and 2nd half league tables would indicate its not lack of ability but consistency, I suggest.

Mar 4, 2004
oldage":3ir3j220 said:
Yammerman":3ir3j220 said:

Sometimes it's substandard but they also play some great stuff at times. They are inconsistent but hey it's League One and I expect the team to improve next season.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Either we’re not playing 3-1-4-2 correctly or it’s just a formation I wish we never tried to adopt.

4-2-3-1 would be much better with what we have and yet we choose to struggle match after match.