Busy summer ahead | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Busy summer ahead

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Spot on, absolute sh!thole would be a glowing trip advisor review. The takeover/ money couldnt have happened to a less deserving team / place (aprt from Excreter)!
Surely it's because of the price of getting onboard compared to a club like Argyle. Buying at non-league level and adding all that value is far less expensive than buying a club two or three leagues higher, even accounting for the amount they've spent to date.

Reactions: KJC and jimsing

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
How do you know he would be worse than Ian Foster, Mckenna had only ever coached at Utd academy before moving Ipswich as again Academy coach, when Paul Cook sacked, Mckenna step up and rest is history.

Hobbs has battled it out in the trenches as a manager with two promotions, not just at U20 's were teams play a few friendlies and 12 games at a tournament. So a totally different set of credentials
McKenna was United's first team coach/assistant manager for several years under Mourinho, Solskjaer and Rangrick, before taking over as Ipswich manager. He wasn't appointed as academy coach at Ipswich and hadn't done that role for several years.

Reactions: Jon with no H
Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
Do think there are some good head coachings out there, yet we have to be realistic in our expectations.

Many fans will be very dismissive at this suggests, Lee hobbs what he achieved at Parkway was miraculous, all those postponed fixtures crammed into a ridiculous period, he knows what around the local area in young talent and what's missing. Has experienced of managing a variety abilities, ages and experience.
What the hell are you drinking or smoking...err no thankyou.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
So Joe will still be a player but he has the approval of the club to include coaching after the 2025 season.
What level of coaching that would be to start with I don't know. I can't imagine as some seem to be suggesting that he will be ready for first team coaching for some time yet.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I understand your reasoning, GF, and to some degree I thought it was a bit far fetched also.

However, having gained promotion, Hallett then had to try to keep the supporters onside and give them an insight into what the club were trying to create. He had to project improvement year on year, an illusion, if you were, of what the future may hold. Theoretically, it was feasible, and it kept everyone onside. It was something to hold onto and become a target for the future. The club had to be positive or it would lose all goodwill from its newfound supporters and gave the club something to try to achieve.

However, having now experienced the football in the Championship, I think that we can say it was over ambitious and I suspect it will become a little embarrassing for Hallett in the future. It will be a challenge to stay in the Championship, with the financial challenges that it brings us, either now or in the future.
I think everyone knew Hallett was talking cack, at no point were we ever likely to see us climb much higher than where we are.
We don't have the money to do it, we have a small stadium so the money only is limited from gate receipts, the hospitality seems to be going OK but that doesn't fetch you much either.
No where did I see a reason to believe this was a realistic plan, it would have been better and more realistic to tell the fans the plan is to stay in the championship for five years, spend what we can whilst pocketing profits, let the profits build then kick on with higher spending.
I believe he also said relegation wouldn't change the five year plan... a year in league one wouldn't change it?
How does he see that working out then?
Does he suddenly find a few million extra in his jeans?
It was literally just something to make the fans believe could happen, most fans though aren't stupid.

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
I’m not sure how we make top 6 without big investment, and I mean more in terms of first team squad than infrastructure. As infrastructure return won’t bring changes for a period of time and then more time to get right.
It would be hard but not impossible - Luton did it without spending too big. Millwall were only a few points off playoffs last season and they dont spend big.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
There is a £68M super yacht moored in the Carrick Roads off Falmouth owned by a US multi millionaire in their coal industry. If he heads out and turns to port in the direction of Plymouth, I shall start to get excited!

Jan 27, 2006
There is a £68M super yacht moored in the Carrick Roads off Falmouth owned by a US multi millionaire in their coal industry. If he heads out and turns to port in the direction of Plymouth, I shall start to get excited!
Are you suggesting we nick his yacht, sell it on eBay and funnel the proceeds into the first team?

Reactions: Rowlypilgrim

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Let’s hope there is some home pre season games

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
Cannot anybody explain to me how Wrexham were an attractive proposition to investors but not us?

with Wrexham standing out with its fanbase and tradition both of a standing much bigger than their current National League status.

“Cheap” respective to their league position at the time.

History plays its part too, Wrexham with its 156 years of it making them the third oldest professional club in the world at the oldest international ground in the world. A handy hook for the much-talked about documentary that began filming in December

So a “story” to tell for the documentary was a big part of it. Though Plymouth’s history with the US could have been a hook as well.

then the Championship is not unreasonable." Once there, Ker says they might find other investors "willing to flush £200m down the loo" to reach the Premier League because - short of that lottery win - even A-listers don't have those resources.

Quite.

Reactions: oldage
Jan 11, 2017
New manager?….good luck to the selection panel ,you have to get this right.A safe appointment would be a Nigel Pearson/Tony Mowbray type.Where is Chris Houghton now?