Bye Bye Callum | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bye Bye Callum

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Carl Barnard":1rhotiqk said:
Nobody watched him while he was at Dorchester. :facepalm:

That was said by his Father on Freechat earlier, He seems to think there is more to it, but I don't know what or of how true anything said was. I certainly wouldn't have blind faith in why the choice was made, nor would I blindly attack the team over it. We'll likely never know.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
PlymOdi":284px41v said:
Carl Barnard":284px41v said:
Nobody watched him while he was at Dorchester. :facepalm:

That was said by his Father on Freechat earlier, He seems to think there is more to it, but I don't know what or of how true anything said was. I certainly wouldn't have blind faith in why the choice was made, nor would I blindly attack the team over it. We'll likely never know.

Totally unbiased then!

Jul 18, 2011
HC Green":3300i1w8 said:
Presto":3300i1w8 said:
Changes nothing with regard to the fact that no one on here knows the facts behind Argyke releasing him.

Mark will know what Adams said to Callum.

Not unless he was at the meeting he won’t, it will either be second (or third) hand information which is not the same.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
HC Green":vrd6vh0a said:
Presto":vrd6vh0a said:
Changes nothing with regard to the fact that no one on here knows the facts behind Argyke releasing him.

Mark will know what Adams said to Callum.

It could be argued that no one knows facts about anything, when it comes to Argyle's dealings! So when you next post something, which is your view, then anyone could jump on that bandwagon and say your just speculating, so I am not sure why people get on their 'moral high horse'.

It's a football chat message board and this is where people air their views and speculate, it's what it's designed for or do I have that wrong? I'm sure someone will tell me I have no facts to form this opinion :lol: :lol:

Aug 2, 2011
A number of posters claimed and or implied that the club were releasing a player who has considerable talent for no apparent reason other than incompetent management. Fine of that is what they believe and they have every right to express that view.

Equally it is perfectly valid to point out that the only people who know why the club released him are the lad himself and the management of the club and unless those facts are made public by a reliable source then posters claiming it is a mega mistake carry no credibilit.

Jul 6, 2011
Thomas Edwards":28nqhpcc said:
Can't be released because he wasn't on a contract?
He was released from his trial.

People get "released" from custody without being given a custodial sentence.

Swings and roundabouts. He wasn't good enough. He's got a chance now to make it elsewhere. If he's good enough he will.

Callum Rose was good enough, just inexperienced. Now Adams is bringing in another inexperienced defender to replace an inexperienced defender, you couldn't make it up.
Some say that Rose was the best defender out of that crop.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Perhaps it's because at best Callum Rose is non-league standard (with potential to come up a level) whereas the Bristol lad is Div 1 standard (with potential to come up a level)?

You never know - could be that people who "do" football add day, every day know more than people on an internet forum who rely on "some say".

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It really is that simple I agree. Plus of course the City lad is a year older with five outings this season for the first team. We can spout all we like on here but they are the professionals doing the job day in day out.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
briangreen":1ezzxleu said:
Thomas Edwards":1ezzxleu said:
Can't be released because he wasn't on a contract?
He was released from his trial.

People get "released" from custody without being given a custodial sentence.

Swings and roundabouts. He wasn't good enough. He's got a chance now to make it elsewhere. If he's good enough he will.

Callum Rose was good enough, just inexperienced. Now Adams is bringing in another inexperienced defender to replace an inexperienced defender, you couldn't make it up.
Some say that Rose was the best defender out of that crop.

As others have pointed out, that logic is severely flawed to say the least.

Jun 22, 2015
Lets fast forward the next few months, and only Fletcher will get a new contract (release May 2019) the other 4 will be gone as well over the coming months, fact.
Understand Mark Ms frustrations, but is there any point when its so predictable?
The breakthrough age is not 18/19, but 20/21.
Can understand supporters frustrations, when coach them from circa 9 years old, then don't gamble the extra 1-2 years to get them into the 1st team.
One thing no coach or manager can give these players is luck. Case example Ben Purrington. Great move for him, but got his run of games by injuries to others.
Adams rules this club, dictates where money is spent and lets be honest, if we were given the hot seat for 3 games, we'd have to win, so am guessing will not be looking at youth products.
Fact is Exeter market their players better than we do, Grimes, Watkins, Wheeler but the Ampadu upcoming tribunal scares me as with possibly 4-5 million being lobbed in their bank, and their record of investment into facilities and youth :furious:
The argument about them being a smaller club etc is poor really as we were in the same league as them last year, and about 4 weeks ago looked like we were swapping places!!
The youth cup run is a positive step in the right direction. Its nice to see the youth department getting recognition for this on match days and in the programme. Also nice to beat them recently after generally coming 2nd best over previous encounters.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I have only seen about half a dozen games when Rose has been playing he always looked the one who could make it.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Well the lad can only work really hard now in a bid to make it elsewhere or in a bid to get them to change their minds! Either way I hope it makes it in the future.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Pettgreen":3jmvdkxm said:
So after 4 pages of, dare I say it, discussion. Does anyone know the real reason behind Rose moving on?

There was some discussion on Facebook from his dad about it, but little was said publically. Some people were PM'd with information but no-one seems to have spread it forward. Think of that what you will, but does seem odd... Normally people are fast to publish anything against the club, and this remains quiet. Perhaps there's nothing to say?

Still surprised no-one (That he knows of) was watching him out on loan though.