Carl McHugh signs for Motherwell | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carl McHugh signs for Motherwell

C

Cult Of Personality

Well thats blown up in Argyle face big time. What the hell has gone on

M

Millbridgemike

Argyle Statement about McHugh

PLYMOUTH Argyle today issued the following statement:

“We understand that Motherwell Football Club will today announce that they have signed Carl McHugh despite the fact that contract terms for him to extend his contract with Plymouth Argyle were agreed in writing between Argyle’s CEO Martyn Starnes, Carl, and Carl's agent Sky Andrew last Friday.

"Carl subsequently confirmed in a telephone call with manager Derek Adams that he was planning to travel back to Home Park on Monday for pre-season training.

"However, on Monday morning, we were advised by Carl’s agent that he had been contacted by another club over the weekend and that Carl had expressed a wish to speak with them.

"We have now been informed that Carl has decided to join the Scottish Premiership team.

"We are extremely disappointed that Carl has changed his mind and chosen to join Motherwell after he had previously given his agent the authority to extend his contract with Argyle."

Read more at http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... i5siG1q.99

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
If as I believe there is something in writing Argyle need to involve solicitors if only to stop this sort of thing happening again. :furious:

C

Cult Of Personality

McHugh can do one as far as i am concerned. Snake of a person

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Cult Of Personality":1g26z1zi said:
McHugh can do one as far as i am concerned. Snake of a person

I tend to agree, but I think most footballers would have done it :sad:

Argyle really shouldn't have announced it while he was still a free agent and nothing was signed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Gutted, truly gutted.

Oh well he played crap in his last game for us!!

Can't believe this. It's like some sort of sick joke. Crappy Motherwell as well. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Feb 17, 2012
The Muff
Mark Pedlar":1520um7x said:
Lost all respect for him.

Making a statement before he had actually signed was always likely to attract attention from other clubs......and so it has proven.

Thought we'd handled other signings exceptionally well until this and has unfortunately come back to bite us........very dissapointing from everyone involved!

Only ourselves to blame IMHO.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
So I guess he got to the end of June with no better offer than Argyle's on the table and decided he might as well return here. Motherwell subsequently contacted him and he was off like a shot. This suggests that he was not that keen on a return here all along... I wonder whether the contact from Motherwell over the weekend was triggered by Argyle's announcement on Friday - it might have pushed them into rapid action. McHugh doesn't come out of this well at all in my opinion.