Carl McHugh signs for Motherwell | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carl McHugh signs for Motherwell

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
They will be back when they have finished moaning about England and the slightest hint of something negative happening at Home Park.

Jul 6, 2005
devonport singer":fos992ns said:
People moan that the club don't announce anything and then when they do they still moan. Club can never win ! As a side note all those that said that Brent and co are not backing Adams may have spoke to early and maybe need to admit they were wrong.
Yes, very good point; the happy clappers have already lost one of their main excuses when defending Adams and we haven't even kicked a ball yet.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Looking forward to confirmation that McHugh has signed his contract. It would be good to know whether it is for more than one year.

Similarly, it would be interesting to know the length of contracts of our other recent signings.

I assume that Chris Errington will ask the pertinent question in due course.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
So, abandon the one year contract model after only one year of adopting it?

That would seem very short sighted.

Losers like a Kane or a Hart get paid millions to 'compete' without success in an alleged "results business". To be paid not to even play, more farcical.

The sooner the sports switches to no win no fee, then it might be the business it wants. Though that wouldn't make the thing any more entertaining, probably less.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
BojanTheGreat":1xb9nd33 said:
Beaconparkexile":1xb9nd33 said:
Genius pogles

I think lousy_pint deserves most of the credit for coming up with this (if you read further back in the thread) with the exception of brunt at the end

Of course he does. Sorry if anyone thought I was trying to nick his idea :oops:

I was just tidying up his iambic pentameter! :thumbs:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Gary_Wills":1g3wjndq said:
So, abandon the one year contract model after only one year of adopting it?

That would seem very short sighted.

Losers like a Kane or a Hart get paid millions to 'compete' without success in an alleged "results business". To be paid not to even play, more farcical.

The sooner the sports switches to no win no fee, then it might be the business it wants. Though that wouldn't make the thing any more entertaining, probably less.

I would like to think that the policy is for new signings, because we don't know how good they'll be. It makes no sense to offer a Carey or McHugh a one year deal and risk losing both their services and a decent transfer fee.

And Kane and Hart are very much 'winners' for their actual employees.

B

Beaconparkexile

Pogleswoody":2choytfh said:
BojanTheGreat":2choytfh said:
Beaconparkexile":2choytfh said:
Genius pogles

I think lousy_pint deserves most of the credit for coming up with this (if you read further back in the thread) with the exception of brunt at the end

Thanks Bojan, the alcohol consumption that evening prevented me from reading more than one page until now. Geniuses lousy_pint and Pogles :nworthy:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Beaconparkexile":2doibi14 said:
Pogleswoody":2doibi14 said:
BojanTheGreat":2doibi14 said:
Beaconparkexile":2doibi14 said:
Genius pogles

Thanks Bojan, the alcohol consumption that evening prevented me from reading more than one page until now. Geniuses lousy_pint and Pogles :nworthy:

Roo, Slew, Carey, McHugh,
Songo'o, Miller and... Brunt

I tell you what .. that wouldn't make a bad chant if you got the rhythm right!!

What about the Icelandic styleee? Start slow and get faster and faster? :think:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth85Green":25rvx2yh said:
Have the missed the offical signing of McHugh?

No.

The club know hat fans are waiting to hear about this and see photos from the second day's training.

What do we get - a tiny bot on Threlkeld and news about Curtis and Kelvin.

Makes you weep.

Jul 29, 2010
Weep?... bleddy soft modern types, it makes me roll my eyes and mutter 'typical bleddy Argo' :wink:

There's a zeitgeist to ride...No, we're Argyle, we can't sustain dramatic interest over consecutive days :facepalm:

Dec 22, 2015
I have am worried that he isn't or hasn't signed....

Also anyone else notice the huge lack of pictures from the camp? We normally get pictures days by day.

Adams not wanting to show his trialst cards?

Jan 2, 2006
Just checked the Derek Adams quote in Saturday's herald, it says "Mchugh will sign his contract next week when he returns from Dublin".

It doesn't mention that it would be Monday