Carl McHugh signs for Motherwell | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carl McHugh signs for Motherwell

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I think that the reason for the delay was that he was holding out for a contract longer than a year and that, hopefully, Argyle have agreed to a longer term.

Jan 2, 2006
Beaconparkexile":139simsw said:
Genius pogles

I think lousy_pint deserves most of the credit for coming up with this (if you read further back in the thread) with the exception of brunt at the end

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Tugboat":qlw2b0kf said:
Title thread is a little deceiving thou.

He hasn't actually signed the contract, more agreed to the terms in principal and will sign it next week.

This. Anything can happen in football in a short space of time.

Mar 14, 2009
Ponty":1gvavpmb said:
Tugboat":1gvavpmb said:
Title thread is a little deceiving thou.

He hasn't actually signed the contract, more agreed to the terms in principal and will sign it next week.

This. Anything can happen in football in a short space of time.

Agreed. Not celebrating until contract is nailed on. Football has a way of biting you in the arse.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
It seems rather strange and perhaps a bit naive for Argyle to officially announce he "will" be signing for us. Why not wait until the deed is actually done?

Nov 18, 2011
warney":2rh5v88j said:
It seems rather strange and perhaps a bit naive for Argyle to officially announce he "will" be signing for us. Why not wait until the deed is actually done?

All a bit of gamesmanship by the club, it puts pressure on him to make sure he signs that new contract. Right now any other club could approach McHugh.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I can't believe any player would be more likely to sign because a club prematurely announced it! If anything it puts more pressure on the club to make sure the deal is done.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Balham_Green":268pzi0p said:
Why is he still on holiday anyway when training started Friday?

His contract ended on the 30th so he isn't on holiday he is unemployed.

One of the benefits of being a footballer I suppose; allow your employment contract to run out, forego a day's pay and potentially risk unemployment to extend your holiday by 3 days knowing full well you can walk in Monday morning and sign a new contract to a round of applause from supporters.

Nov 10, 2010
People moan that the club don't announce anything and then when they do they still moan. Club can never win ! As a side note all those that said that Brent and co are not backing Adams may have spoke to early and maybe need to admit they were wrong.