Cashless stadium | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cashless stadium

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
I have and at times use contactless, but I'm waiting for the day when the system crashes with no plan B. What about the people that either don't have contactless cards or who only want to use cash, will they be told to do one,
Pete

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I pay for most of what I buy in shops with Apple Pay these days.

Cash is so 20th century. Please note Steve I’m 66!!! :greensmile:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oddball":3699mlwb said:
Business's just love credit and debit cards, because it saves them having to deal with cash in the tills and all the security that goes with it.....Even my local LIDL now has installed four card machines as opposed to one cash machine at the self service check out.Also.and more importantly,the consumer only has to press 4 digits ,or even just swipe your card and voila the transaction is done .....painless.....whereas if you had to pay in notes you would realise how much you were paying and maybe you would think twice....and business's don't want the consumer to think like that.....just pay up and look smart. such is the way nowadays....

In terms of realising or controlling how much you’re paying, it’s actually the opposite.

You can manage your money, have separate budget pots, see exactly where you’re spending the most and even put a limit on spending with various apps while using contactless payment.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
maybe in your world...but definitely not in mine...its nothing like the opposite,as you suggest....

Lobster":2jjh0bhf said:
Stiffler":2jjh0bhf said:
Won’t be long before everything goes this way along with digital/crypto currency, is it Sweden that is almost cashless.

It is. Everywhere here takes card or mobile payments, and a lot of places specifically don't take cash. Not even sure what the coins and notes look like and I've been here nearly two years.

Very true. I have family in Stockholm and I’ve simply stopped taking Krona with me on each visit, as it always remains unused. On a more chilling note, China plans to be cashless in ten years, simply so they can keep track of the population through their digital spend imprint.

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
So.... Parkinson continues his mission of corporatisation of the fan base. It's a bit like life as they see it....so simple, no hassle with cash, no post offices, no banks with people to talk to....We move on to the brave new world. Any consultation prior to this initiative? Dream on..... :sick:

Aug 5, 2005
Duncan Rice":1yefuljv said:
So.... Parkinson continues his mission of corporatisation of the fan base. It's a bit like life as they see it....so simple, no hassle with cash, no post offices, no banks with people to talk to....We move on to the brave new world. Any consultation prior to this initiative? Dream on..... :sick:

Do you not have a debit card?

Pretty much everywhere is cashless. I haven't been to a cashpoint since October.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Duncan Rice":1pvtfo8j said:

It’s not an Andrew Parkinson thing, it’s a 2020 thing.

It’s great. As I say, it’s rubbish not being able to buy things because you don’t have cash on you, and it’s rubbish waiting behind people searching for coins in their wallet and then faffing about with change.

At least the que’s won’t be as big, quicker service, and more turnover for Argyle ...my wallet doesn’t even have space for cash. Well done Argyle....can hardly believe it’s even a discussion point ....

May 16, 2016
I rarely use Cash these days. I carry it but basic laziness makes it easier to tap my Card. However, I've yet to have been anywhere that doesn't accept cash and I believe it could inconvenience more people than the Club think. Forcing the use of Plastic onto people might be counterproductive.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
But who doesn’t have the ability to pay contactless?

If you have a bank card, then it will be contactless enabled because banks have issued them as standard for years.

Is there anyone here that won’t be able to pay cashlessly?

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
As soon as I saw the article on the website I was so looking forward to this thread.

Mr D Rice is my favourite so far.

Plymouth is so stuck in the dark ages at times it's hilarious. Even my Dad stil takes out a wad of cash at the beginning of each week to use. He's gonna go nuts!