Cashless stadium | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cashless stadium

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Cashless is not necessarily the same as contactless. If you have any type of bank card you should be able to use it.

"Payment options include chip and pin, contactless, as well as device payment using Android Pay, Apple Pay, etc."

A good point has been raised about youngsters who don't have bank accounts/cards.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Definitely the way forward inside the stadium. Having experienced cashless at Tottenham it is much quicker for service time on the day and the club don't waste many man hours counting cash, bagging it and making a trip to the bank.

Jan 6, 2007
I dont often buy in the ground so wont really affect me, but surely both payment options (cash or card) should be available, I'd rather be in the queue behind someone waiting for £2-50 change from a fiver, than behind someone who's card is rejected and all the faffing about that ensues. How long does it really take to pay with cash anyway.
It's not the paying that is slow, it's the service in my experience, why can they not have pre poured hot drinks ready for half time, it's not like they'll be cold, you cant normally drink them for 10 minutes without 3rd degree burns to the mouth anyway

May 16, 2016
mervyn":20lx2bui said:
Are most people aware of the hygiene benefits of contactless? Over 30% of bank notes carry traces of faeces.

All my Money has been laundered. So it's not dirty.

Sep 13, 2003
mervyn":3hzf75qj said:
Are most people aware of the hygiene benefits of contactless? Over 30% of bank notes carry traces of faeces.

Surely it's a similar percentage for debit/credit cards having traces of faeces on them as well!

Joking aside went to Spurs new ground for the first time last night. Stadium is completely cashless and worked a treat. Most sporting events are becoming like this (PDC World darts @Ally Pally) so it's great to see Argyle moving with the times!

Lobster":2hy1x5yl said:
Stiffler":2hy1x5yl said:
Won’t be long before everything goes this way along with digital/crypto currency, is it Sweden that is almost cashless.

It is. Everywhere here takes card or mobile payments, and a lot of places specifically don't take cash. Not even sure what the coins and notes look like and I've been here nearly two years.

Ha! We still have places here that only take cash. A couple of places do contactless, but the cashier will spend a few minutes explaining how it works, and you still have to use your pin and sign.

That's why I get funny looks in the UK when I use contactless and get all excited over how easy it is!

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Bermudian Green":3rthxapy said:
Lobster":3rthxapy said:
Stiffler":3rthxapy said:
Won’t be long before everything goes this way along with digital/crypto currency, is it Sweden that is almost cashless.

It is. Everywhere here takes card or mobile payments, and a lot of places specifically don't take cash. Not even sure what the coins and notes look like and I've been here nearly two years.

Ha! We still have places here that only take cash. A couple of places do contactless, but the cashier will spend a few minutes explaining how it works, and you still have to use your pin and sign.

That's why I get funny looks in the UK when I use contactless and get all excited over how easy it is!

I went to Bermuda last year, BG. I didn't even notice cash payments being prevalent - probably because I was more taken aback by the price of everything!

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
mervyn":rf6xxo8p said:
Oh my god, I worked in a bank for many years and handled huge numbers of banknotes on a daily basis. How am I still alive?

Aug 5, 2005
Just had a look on the Spurs website to see how they cater for people who don't have the ability to pay in a cashless way.

You can get a card from the club shops which you can put money on and then use that at the tills. You can top up the card as and when you need to.

I guess Argyle will do something similar

Lobster":23pwr30o said:
I went to Bermuda last year, BG. I didn't even notice cash payments being prevalent - probably because I was more taken aback by the price of everything!

Mainly the smaller, locals places. In pubs I tend to leave my card behind the bar and just scribble on the tab when I leave, as I'd be too scared counting all that cash out!

Well done to Argyle for tjhis move though, a step in the right direction. Now if they cold only sort out the high-speed beer dispensers......