Chairman's update | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chairman's update

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Penmaster":2osolz24 said:
Penmaster":2osolz24 said:
Kevin_Gollop":2osolz24 said:
xmastree":2osolz24 said:
I don't actually get why we need a crowdfunding page (or why the responsibility should fall on IJN). SH encouraged "direct donations" so a) there needs to be clear guidance on how to directly donate, and b) let's get donating.

PayPal link for direct donations, taken from the article just posted on the OS: https://www.paypal.me/PAFC1886

No disrespect intended, but is this definitely a legitimate way to donate?

Sorry - have just checked the OS and it is the same link. Thanks for posting as didn't know it existed.

No problem, in my haste I didn't post a link to the OS article which contained the link. Always best to be safe and check :thumbup: Here's the OS link: https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/f ... he-future/

Dec 3, 2005
IF next season games are played without supporters or with only 20% attendance, then the game MUST be made available for Supporters to watch via TV or Computer on a pay per game view.

Or why not start selling Season Tickets NOW for next season and if supporters cannot attend games, they are able to watch the home and maybe away games (as an insentive) via TV or the Internet.

:scarf:

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
If matches are played behind closed doors, will there be a online 50-50 draw? Academy will still need the wonga this generates?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The latest accounts show employees at 289, up from 189 on the previous accounting period.
I'm not sure if this includes casual matchday staff but seems a lot of employees for a League Two club.
The accounts are for January 2019 to June 2019 so that 289 might be reduced but sadly it does look like there will be some job losses as hinted at in the Chairman's update.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
PL2 3DQ":ox0d9sji said:
The latest accounts show employees at 289, up from 189 on the previous accounting period.
I'm not sure if this includes casual matchday staff but seems a lot of employees for a League Two club.
The accounts are for January 2019 to June 2019 so that 289 might be reduced but sadly it does look like there will be some job losses as hinted at in the Chairman's update.

Bloody hell I new there was a lot of fat at HP but not that much.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
PL2 3DQ":114yv1sf said:
That is a lot of employees, it must include match day catering staff and stewards.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
demportdave":a2ywk1go said:
PL2 3DQ":a2ywk1go said:
That is a lot of employees, it must include match day catering staff and stewards.

It does include match day staff

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
As a comparison Shrewsbury Town recently published their accounts for the 2018-2019 season. With crowds averaging 6,636 per game their total number of employees was 210 (also up from last season)

The breakdown was Players (49), Administrative (36), Other staff (39) and Stewards and Security (78). The number of staff employed by Argyle would seem proportionate on that basis.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Quite surprised by the staff numbers as I'd have thought things like stewarding and catering would be outsourced so not included in employee headcount.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
It's no wonder then that Argyle are losing money hand over fist....far too many for a league two club...in my humble opinion....

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
oddball":3kenu8qn said:
It's no wonder then that Argyle are losing money hand over fist....far too many for a league two club...in my humble opinion....

Bit of an oxymoron there Alf, hope you are keeping safe. :thumbup:

May 8, 2011
dunlop":11f4oinu said:
PL2 3DQ":11f4oinu said:

Bloody hell I new there was a lot of fat at HP but not that much.

The extra 100 employees probably explains why costs increased by £1.3m between the two years.

On another point I thought the Club to increase transparency were going to publish the full accounts not the abbreviated ones, I’m sure this was raised at a fans forum.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
PL2 3DQ":10elmer5 said:
The club have the Big Green Lottery that is already set up to take monthly payments. It's just £9.75 a month by direct debit, it helps the club and the Academy and in the current climate just return any winnings you might receive to help the club even more.

Full details
I would like to commend the Big Green Lottery. I have kept a record of all the winners of the various weekly, monthly, ‘money can’t buy’ and annual prize winners for the last 4 or 5 years.

Don’t ask me why I started? I guess that I am just interested in figures and I have had many meetings with Tim Herbert about ways of improving procedures and communications.
I certainly believe that Simon Hallett, Neil Dewsnip and Ryan Lowe will strongly commit to strengthening our Academy and that is why I am mentioning the BGL at this time.
I have been a member for several years and, apart from winning a few £10’s before the weekly rollover started, I have not won any cash or ‘money can’t buy’ prizes but I will persevere.
The draw results are posted weekly on the OS. For a time, I used to copy the results to Pasoti but I got the impression that more posters were criticising the BGL than praising it; so I gave up.

I have a spreadsheet of all winners and I can assure anyone that the BGL is being administered efficiently and fairly by Tim Herbert.

Finally, this is a big week with a £500 weekly rollover winner, a £500 monthly winner and a monthly ‘club experience’ winner.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/b ... rs-galore/

Why not give it a go?