Chairman's update | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chairman's update

May 8, 2011
Wouldn’t one way for Argyle to raise some cash would be to issue some shares that the public could purchase.
Seems odd that this doesn’t appear to being considered.

Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
xmastree":1sjkclu9 said:
I don't actually get why we need a crowdfunding page (or why the responsibility should fall on IJN). SH encouraged "direct donations" so a) there needs to be clear guidance on how to directly donate, and b) let's get donating.

PayPal link for direct donations, taken from the article just posted on the OS: https://www.paypal.me/PAFC1886

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Fantastic to see the club giving its best chance of keeping its head firmly above the water but I think other clubs will begin to drop like flys very soon.

Smaller leagues could be an unfortunate way forward. Maybe even losing a league all together and merging others if it gets seriously bad.

FWIW I think we will be ok. We are in a fantastic place with having little debt and an owner whose own heart is the beat of the club.

I’m fearful of the other 15-20 clubs who appear to be on the ropes thou which could impact us indirectly, but seriously

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Any scheme to raise funds needs to be as simple as possible and avoid admin costs and certainly not involve fees paid to a third party, things like issuing shares, crowdfunding, etc. won't fit the bill.

Personally, I don't want a refund and would be happy to buy an adult season ticket and/or donate a similar amount, maybe by monthly direct debit.

I think the Club now needs to get one or two fundraising options announced asap.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
GreenThing":3ixh7cnz said:
Where are the AFT when you need them?

They will have been identifying individuals and organisations over the years so they could quickly bring them to the table should the club ever again fall into administration. That's the only real reason for their formation. I don't think that the AFT should be encouraged to make public the identities those who they have recruited as maybes over the years but I would hope that behind the scenes they are now enquiring to those who may have given them a thumbs up before this crisis hit, that they would still be in a position to step in or even come forward and give Simon Hallett financial assistance during this critical time.

May 8, 2011
Dorset Pilgrim":3033bbpj said:
Any scheme to raise funds needs to be as simple as possible and avoid admin costs and certainly not involve fees paid to a third party, things like issuing shares, crowdfunding, etc. won't fit the bill.

Personally, I don't want a refund and would be happy to buy an adult season ticket and/or donate a similar amount, maybe by monthly direct debit.

I think the Club now needs to get one or two fundraising options announced asap.

I assume the injection of funds mentioned by the Chairman will be by the issuing of shares, why not let others buy some to increase the amount raised?

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Steve Evans":1qnbmjay said:
IJN":1qnbmjay said:
Steve Evans":1qnbmjay said:
if IJN could start a crowd funding page I would donate.this club is a massive family.let's give what we can.

Hate Crowdfunding Steve. Not all the money goes to where it should.

I am taking donations though, see the buy a shirt thread and there’s loads of ways you can get the money to me. I’ve paid £240 DIRECT into the club already today.

You don’t even have to buy a shirt!
fair point about crowd funding as I have my doubts about them.will donate soon.

Just for clarity. We had 100% of all funds donated in our Crowdfunder earlier this year.

^JY

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Wow thanks for the info Jamie. :thumbup:

So if someone wants to set up a crowdfunder you now know it all goes where it’s meant to. :scarf:

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
AlanMS":1btueiz1 said:
Anyone know how I can waiver my season ticket refund?

More information on ticket refunds and waivers will be provided in the eventuality that the season is formally concluded.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good point. That makes sense.

Does make me smile though, we’re not officially up yet but the four teams below us are training for the Play Offs.

Apr 30, 2011
Kevin_Gollop":q7634p9k said:
xmastree":q7634p9k said:
I don't actually get why we need a crowdfunding page (or why the responsibility should fall on IJN). SH encouraged "direct donations" so a) there needs to be clear guidance on how to directly donate, and b) let's get donating.

PayPal link for direct donations, taken from the article just posted on the OS: https://www.paypal.me/PAFC1886

No disrespect intended, but is this definitely a legitimate way to donate?

Apr 30, 2011
Penmaster":1l50acfl said:
Kevin_Gollop":1l50acfl said:
xmastree":1l50acfl said:

No disrespect intended, but is this definitely a legitimate way to donate?

Sorry - have just checked the OS and it is the same link. Thanks for posting as didn't know it existed.