Chiefs at Home Park? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chiefs at Home Park?

F

Freshford Pilgrim

I think it would be great for the city to host European Quarter Final and surely it would be a great opportunity for the club to promote the new facilities to a new audience. As a one-off game of rugby I don't see how that could cause problems to the pitch that the ground staff could not cope with

Aug 5, 2015
Why would Plymothians watch a team called Exeter? I’d rather see Albion at Home Park. The money would come in handy though.

Jan 2, 2010
Kentishgreen":2blyq0ef said:
Why would Plymothians watch a team called Exeter? I’d rather see Albion at Home Park. The money would come in handy though.
Watch a sporting event at that level? I would, no matter what city they were from.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
Ultimately, our club would be selling itself as a corporate venue to all who would attend this game if held here. Most of us ain't interested in rugby, but if it helps the club to sell itself as THE event arena in the SW then I don't see the problem. I might well even go just to have a pint in my seat lol
Pete

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argylegames":3tcpzc49 said:
L G":3tcpzc49 said:
I would imagine Derek thought he would be in the Home dressing room for life, and didn't care about the small away dressing room. Home advantage and all that.

From the plans, the sizes look similar, except for the area in which Argyle have two ice baths which we didn't provide for the opposition. I'm sure Jon Back said they were bigger than the FA/EFL minimum size.

The shame is, they didn’t opt for FIFA minimum standards in order to attract international fixtures where squads of up to 22 players might need changing facilities in some competitions. Obviously 17,000 isn’t going to get full international matches but under 21 and younger could have been a possibility.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
It seems more & more obvious that the football aspects - changing rooms, seating / concourse in upper Grandstand, lack of refreshments / lack of shelter in lower Grandstand - were badly planned or underfunded.

May 8, 2011
Graham Clark":qkolcfi0 said:
HC Green":qkolcfi0 said:
There would be quite a few logistical issues that would make it unlikely such as the size of the changing rooms. Speaking to a manager of a team that has used the away changing rooms he said they were a ‘bit tight’, so a rugby team with the number of players in their squad would really struggle.

I thought Derek Adams was instrumental in the initial design of the changing rooms!

Ian doesn’t like me repeating things Adams and I chat about, but from things he said during our catch up last Monday it would seem apparently not.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Clive, I just think it’s crass.

I converse with Derek via text but I’d never disclose what is said on this forum, I just think it’s disloyal.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
No No let them put a large put a large screen in James Park and use that. :furious:

Dec 3, 2005
IF this match happened at Home Park, would the stadium rules be ignored? I e. taking alcohol to your seat in the stand.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
djg145":290fml1k said:
IF this match happened at Home Park, would the stadium rules be ignored? I e. taking alcohol to your seat in the stand.
They are not stadium rules as such, the rule apply to stadia hosting football games, if a rugger match was to take place then they would have to abide by rugby stadia rules which allows drinking in view of the pitch.
So in answer to your question no they wouldn’t be ignoring any rules.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
HC Green":s7c179nw said:
Graham Clark":s7c179nw said:
HC Green":s7c179nw said:
There would be quite a few logistical issues that would make it unlikely such as the size of the changing rooms. Speaking to a manager of a team that has used the away changing rooms he said they were a ‘bit tight’, so a rugby team with the number of players in their squad would really struggle.

I thought Derek Adams was instrumental in the initial design of the changing rooms!

Ian doesn’t like me repeating things Adams and I chat about, but from things he said during our catch up last Monday it would seem apparently not.

I rather feel that along with a lot of posters on here, it is the pretentious nature of your posts that irks.