Chiefs at Home Park? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chiefs at Home Park?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":2kxwtkuh said:
Not really a perfect example though is it?

If it ripped up the pitch it could easily ruin our season.

That wouldn’t make economical sense in anyone’s book.

Egg chasing is not what Home Park is for.

Totally agree Ian. Promotion is far more important in our long term than a one off cash injection... this could wreck our pitch, and with it reducing our chances of playing passing football (which our players have been brought in specifically for).

I’m against it unless we are absolutely guaranteed of of pitch not being affected.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
JannerinCardiff":1haswaqv said:
IJN":1haswaqv said:
Not really a perfect example though is it?

If it ripped up the pitch it could easily ruin our season.

That wouldn’t make economical sense in anyone’s book.

Egg chasing is not what Home Park is for.

Totally agree Ian. Promotion is far more important in our long term than a one off cash injection... this could wreck our pitch, and with it reducing our chances of playing passing football (which our players have been brought in specifically for).

I’m against it unless we are absolutely guaranteed of of pitch not being affected.
It is absolutely ludicrous to suggest that one game of rugby will ruin our pitch and thus somehow scupper our Chances of promotion. That is one of the more stupid comments I have read on here in some time.

I understand people who have no interest in Rugby and don’t want to see it at HP but the whole idea of the investment from Simon Hallett was to bring in additional revenue by whatever means. Some of us have no interest in attending Pop Concerts at HP but if it brings in money, so be it.

Hosting this match would bring in a lot of money and we cannot turn down the opportunity.

Someone might correct me but I am sure that when Argyle had the pitch dug up and a new Premier standard pitch installed a few years back, it also included the anchorage points for rugby posts, so its hardly a new idea.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
pedro91":2jfurl79 said:
It's NOT happening!!!!!!

Correct as confirmed by Andrew Parkinson at the Fans Assembly meeting yesterday morning. Too many technical and licencing issues to overcome within a short timescale.

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
Like I said, once permission was given to play the Q/F at Sandy Park, it was very unlikely they would play elsewhere. However, they are now favourites to win against Northampton and if they did win are guaranteed to be at home in the S/F. I assume that the relevant authorities, having broken their own rues about size of the ground, would have to let Chiefs play at Sandy Park again. The Chiefs won't play elsewhere unless the rule about being under 15000 capacity is enforced. Home advantage is a big issue in every form of sport.