Chisholm Demolition Starting | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chisholm Demolition Starting

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Argylegames":3rt2rqa0 said:
Looks like the digger is clearing a route from the back of the Barn Park to the side of the grandstand at pitch level.

I think I was correct.

The guy in front of Bernard with the surveying pole is obviously checking if he has gone down far enough.

I did read somewhere that there would need to be a retaining wall behind the new changing rooms, to hold up the ground at the higher level which the GT's bar would be built on. Sounds like the GT's bar will overlook the BP end of the pitch until the corner is filled in. (If?)

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Let’s not kids ourselves here. The timetables for everything to be completed are out of the window. The original plan was for Corporate to be served in the new GT building from the start of this season! Now we see a planning application for that has only just gone in!

Anyone who seriously still thinks the Grandstand refurb will be finished by the end of next August is about as far detached from reality as it’s possible to get. Forget the corners. Why isn’t anything happening on the actual Grandstand? It’s all very well Jon Back saying nothing, or when he does blog, devotes an overwhelming majority of a blog to the re-positioned portakabin control room.

If this is the actual planned rate of progression, and GL’s workforce consists of pretty much one man and his dog, just tell us!

Sep 25, 2010
The Grumpy Loyal":22vuh9p7 said:
Let’s not kids ourselves here. The timetables for everything to be completed are out of the window. The original plan was for Corporate to be served in the new GT building from the start of this season! Now we see a planning application for that has only just gone in!

Anyone who seriously still thinks the Grandstand refurb will be finished by the end of next August is about as far detached from reality as it’s possible to get. Forget the corners. Why isn’t anything happening on the actual Grandstand? It’s all very well Jon Back saying nothing, or when he does blog, devotes an overwhelming majority of a blog to the re-positioned portakabin control room.

If this is the actual planned rate of progression, and GL’s workforce consists of pretty much one man and his dog, just tell us!

You have no idea of what is actually happening inside the grandstand do you, !!

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
The Grumpy Loyal":2ofr7ji1 said:

Literally any excuse to complain.

Can I have your copy of the refurb schedule please so I can understand where we're behind?

Stuff is happening, Chisholm is gone, soil is being cleared and chairs have been removed from the Grandstand. All of that took time.

As Martyn said, how do you know what has happened inside of the grandstand?

Stop complaining and just enjoy being able to see stuff happening.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

I’m sorry mate, but if anything - anything at all, had been happening inside of any significance we’d have been seeing it with the official access afforded to Steve at GoS.

This is a multimillion pound contract. It doesn’t take a genius to realise that the dozens of workers who’d normally be working on a project of this scale......aren’t there.

It’s bizarre why the club cannot be transparent about why nothing is happening. (And just to reiterate, I refer to the actual Grandstand)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It DOES seem like the handbrake is still on, but I don’t see any reason for worry yet.

Could there be another rejig of the plans with the ‘extra’ Hallett money?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
The images loaded to GoS last week showed the seats being removed and other internal signs coming down, there's sign of progress inside the grandstand you just can't see it on the camera.

All the of your theory relies on the assumption that gutting and tearing up the existing structure is task number 1 on their list.

I would argue none of that can really be done until the temp changing rooms are in place to allow for the site to be fully devoid of non-construction staff (i.e. players and officials using the changing rooms)

In the meantime they're doing what else can be done without disrupting the above (i.e. demo of Chisholm - needed for the new changing rooms - and removal of seats).

From John's blog we know that they've adjusted the timetable to bring forward the temp changing rooms, so I would therefore surmise that the progress they're currently making is at the planned rate, and once the changing rooms are in operation they'll move ahead of schedule (assuming the schedule has been adjusted to allow for time working on the supporters bar).

Now I'm aware I've assumed most of the above, however it seems a more reasonable position than blankly stating everything's fallen behind.

Everything I've concluded above has been derived from the information (evidence) given by the club, what you can see on the cameras and the wonderful work of Steve and the GoS team.

May 8, 2011
Willis88":21m1nb31 said:
The images loaded to GoS last week showed the seats being removed and other internal signs coming down, there's sign of progress inside the grandstand you just can't see it on the camera.

All the of your theory relies on the assumption that gutting and tearing up the existing structure is task number 1 on their list.

I would argue none of that can really be done until the temp changing rooms are in place to allow for the site to be fully devoid of non-construction staff (i.e. players and officials using the changing rooms)

In the meantime they're doing what else can be done without disrupting the above (i.e. demo of Chisholm - needed for the new changing rooms - and removal of seats).

From John's blog we know that they've adjusted the timetable to bring forward the temp changing rooms, so I would therefore surmise that the progress they're currently making is at the planned rate, and once the changing rooms are in operation they'll move ahead of schedule (assuming the schedule has been adjusted to allow for time working on the supporters bar).

Now I'm aware I've assumed most of the above, however it seems a more reasonable position than blankly stating everything's fallen behind.

Everything I've concluded above has been derived from the information (evidence) given by the club, what you can see on the cameras and the wonderful work of Steve and the GoS team.

The players have been using the GT tent for meals etc as the only part of the grandstand in use are the changing rooms.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
HC Green":yda074oz said:
Willis88":yda074oz said:

The players have been using the GT tent for meals etc as the only part of the grandstand in use are the changing rooms.

Still using it though which was my point.

Once they're out of the changing rooms there will be nothing stopping them gutting the insides and making the progress others want to see.

Aug 5, 2015
Just as well GL isn’t a Tottenham or Brentford supporter. Then his UNGE rating would go right through the roof. Or perhaps out of his arris where most of his thoughts emerge.

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
It does look like things are moving.

One digger is leveling the ground. Preparation for building work.

The other has the big jack hammer on and it looks like its attacking the steps.