Chris Errington furloughed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chris Errington furloughed

Sep 22, 2020
i am actually shocked the herald has not reported the on the game.

Another 'institution', like the match programme, which has been almost rendered irrelevant by the bloody internet. no more plymouth live or herald for me.

And whilst on my high horse, the club website has become very superficial since the departure of rick cowdery. love him or not, he had a deep knowledge of Argyle and the club history which seems to be lost now and riddled with factual errors

Jan 27, 2012
There was a match report in the print version of the Herald today and it was well written.

Whilst Chris Errington is my favourite Argyle journalist, the other writers are decent as well. I just wish they would revive the Argyle podcast which was a very good listen. Credit to the Herald- I've always found them to be the best source of independent news about the club. On the whole, they do a great job.

Mar 11, 2018

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Brechin Hedge":1786vip1 said:

Another 'institution', like the match programme, which has been almost rendered irrelevant by the bloody internet. no more plymouth live or herald for me.

And whilst on my high horse, the club website has become very superficial since the departure of rick cowdery. love him or not, he had a deep knowledge of Argyle and the club history which seems to be lost now and riddled with factual errors

I think the club media department is down to just Dan and Charlie, the content on the club website is more video based now instead of the written word. I'm not sure if that's the modern way or just lack of time. There's definitely less articles now on the club website, I suppose there ain't much going on.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":22z3bpjv said:
Brechin Hedge":22z3bpjv said:

I think the club media department is down to just Dan and Charlie, the content on the club website is more video based now instead of the written word. I'm not sure if that's the modern way or just lack of time. There's definitely less articles now on the club website, I suppose there ain't much going on.

It is the modern way. I think it’s probably to do with the circumstances as well. Video allows us to see behind the scenes and keep more connection to the club/staff/place than reading an article might.

The Herald is crap. Doubt they even sent someone to the last couple games and reported off iFollow, given they had no post-match comments from Lowe at all.

Feb 8, 2005
There is usually a media update on injuries on a Thursday, but perhaps the lack of a match on Saturday has changed things.

Aug 5, 2015
The Herald is now even more of a busted flush than it was to start with. For me it went downhill when it started to be delivered at 2 pm. It became a caricature of the Evening Herald which used to be a reasonably sensible newspaper.

Nov 12, 2003
I buy the Herald and I think its very good for a local paper. The sports team covering Argyle do a nice job. The local football coverage is good and there are plenty of other things to read apart from that.
Its a Plymouth institution and if it disappeared people would miss it.

Feb 8, 2005
It would appear that Chris has taken a few days off during the school break to be with the family.

Mar 11, 2018
Of course, there is nothing wrong with Chris Errington taking a break like any other employee.

But, as already pointed out, who is minding the shop at Plymouth Live? Argyle followers are a big chunk of its readers, hence the dedicated section. I would have thought somebody should be keeping the show going. If not, things must be truly desperate in the news media.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
I think you will find things have been desperate in all news media for quite some time, ever reducing sales, less advertising revenue etc which is why you see more and more national stories in your local rag, i do get the Herald, and it along with many other local papers have changed big time. Someone will no doubt have annual sales figures for regional papers, so it would be interesting to see the picture over say the last five years,
Pete

Jul 6, 2011
Herald is now owned by the mirror group (Daily Mirror), I find it difficult to fully believe that any mg outlet is anymore than a tabloid, a comic without cartoons.
Chris Errington is a serious sports journalist who I met a few years ago and was impressed by his argyle knowledge and concern for them (in admin) and frankly I wish he worked for a better organisation, but he's still one of the best in the south western area.