Chris Errington furloughed | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chris Errington furloughed

Mar 11, 2018
briangreen":3w3aadwh said:
Herald is now owned by the mirror group (Daily Mirror), I find it difficult to fully believe that any mg outlet is anymore than a tabloid, a comic without cartoons.
Chris Errington is a serious sports journalist who I met a few years ago and was impressed by his argyle knowledge and concern for them (in admin) and frankly I wish he worked for a better organisation, but he's still one of the best in the south western area.

The Mirror Group is now called Reach plc, which made a pre-tax profit of £150.6m on turnover of £702.5m in 2019. It now includes the Express and Star. Despite Covid-19, it is still on track to make a profit in 2020, thanks in part to its enthusiastic use of the publicly funded furlough scheme.

My point is that if it allows its regional media to go to sleep (having bought a big swag of them) and concentrates on national syndicated content, then the Herald and Plymouth Live will wither on the vine. As I write this reply in the early hours of Sunday (UK time), there has not been a single story in the Plymouth Argyle section since last Tuesday. Sign of the times?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Chris should be back this week so hopefully normal Argyle service will be resumed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Antipodean":k4qa7fo7 said:
briangreen":k4qa7fo7 said:
Herald is now owned by the mirror group (Daily Mirror), I find it difficult to fully believe that any mg outlet is anymore than a tabloid, a comic without cartoons.
Chris Errington is a serious sports journalist who I met a few years ago and was impressed by his argyle knowledge and concern for them (in admin) and frankly I wish he worked for a better organisation, but he's still one of the best in the south western area.

The Mirror Group is now called Reach plc, which made a pre-tax profit of £150.6m on turnover of £702.5m in 2019. It now includes the Express and Star. Despite Covid-19, it is still on track to make a profit in 2020, thanks in part to its enthusiastic use of the publicly funded furlough scheme.

My point is that if it allows its regional media to go to sleep (having bought a big swag of them) and concentrates on national syndicated content, then the Herald and Plymouth Live will wither on the vine. As I write this reply in the early hours of Sunday (UK time), there has not been a single story in the Plymouth Argyle section since last Tuesday. Sign of the times?

Or just read the Pasoti Daily News thread. :)

I always thought the Argyle coverage was a big factor in attracting readership to the Plymouth Live website so it seems silly to have the bare minimum of Argyle coverage whenever CE is away.
There used to be four Argyle reporters at Plymouth Live.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
He's back has a story about Macleod back in training.

Mar 11, 2018
Ottawa Green":17d5r09m said:
He's back has a story about Macleod back in training.

Yes, a flood of stories - tough first day back after a holiday. Maybe the Herald/Plymouth Live think we have short attention spans and will have forgotten a whole week without dedicated Argyle coverage during the season?