Club Statement on abuse of staff | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

Feb 2, 2007
See the club statement has put everything right and is being thoroughly backed by the fans on twitter. Oh well.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Please don't be racist and abuse our members of staff = Argyle Soviet Union.

Gotta love it.

Mar 23, 2008
Whilst of course most of us would agree with the sentiment and despite my frustration with Adams I never have and never would abuse him, this is a bad move. After Adams telling us off twice, now this, it comes across as ill timed condescension.

Can we as fans issue a statement to say that poor marking at set pieces, negative tactics and arrogance from the manager will not be tolerated at HP?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Natty":1n59qlvk said:

I agree with the message, it's quite right but the condescending and patronising tone meant it could have only been written by one particular person.

Much like the quotes from Adams after the Burton game the same message could have been said/written but with different words, manner and tone.

Mar 8, 2016
I do believe the fans will get behind the team tonight greenarmy1984. But I don’t believe we will get the 3 points that are “essential”

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Basically, this statement is what I term a ‘we reserve the right to...’ statement. You see them quite often all over the place. There is no specific warning about what might happen if anyone does anything that the club feels oversteps the mark but now that this statement has been made the club has essentially reserved the right to move in, eject people, ban people etc. on the grounds that people have been formally warned.

Personally, I don’t think this statement is particularly helpful at the moment and will just fan the flames even more for those who have already taken great umbrage at Adams’s original words. The club probably felt that it couldn’t just keep completely quiet on the matter as that might have been interpreted as not supporting Adams, but I think that if it was really necessary to issue a statement on the morning of such an important game it could have been more positively worded. But to be honest I think I would have said nothing more at this point.

Jul 12, 2016
Whilst I cannot condone yobbish behaviour, football matches affect emotions and things are often shouted at referees, linesmen, players, managers etc in the spur of the moment.The sport is not elitist and attracts people from all walks of life.
I think Adams has overreacted and is looking for support where it is not warranted and for the club to issue this statement is OTT

oldage":1quspb8d said:
Whilst I cannot condone yobbish behaviour, football matches affect emotions and things are often shouted at referees, linesmen, players, managers etc in the spur of the moment.The sport is not elitist and attracts people from all walks of life.
I think Adams has overreacted and is looking for support where it is not warranted and for the club to issue this statement is OTT

For once Old age I agree with you. DA is struggling to adjust to exiting the pitch next to fans who are unhappy.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
I've been saying it for years. Argyle need a professional, experienced in football, PR person. That would stop this kind of nonsense getting put out !

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
nikkk":2jzpwh5p said:
I've been saying it for years. Argyle need a professional, experienced in football, PR person. That would stop this kind of nonsense getting put out !
imagine the cost of that at a small struggling club!

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Steve Evans":2w7ebhym said:
nikkk":2w7ebhym said:
imagine the cost of that at a small struggling club!

A good professional PR person would do wonders for this football it would be a small price to pay.

Jan 6, 2004
Press release clearly designed to back up Adams when they should be focussing on bringing the fans/customers onside not alienating them further.

Fans are perfectly entitled to vent their frustration at appalling performances and the fans of every club in the country would react in the same way.

It demonstrates I am afraid how much Adams influence spreads through the club, and at the moment, unless the Board make a brave move I am afraid we are going to end up relegated with half the fan base boycotting the club. Not a great start for a new regime.

May 1, 2011
Given Adam's disciplinary record at his various places of work he is no position to call anyone else a yob. Has anyone else been disciplined for brawling at work as he has and then have the nerve to lecture fans?

Incredibly you have loons on here then saying he has high moral standards.

Win some games and do your job properly.