Club Statement on abuse of staff | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

Dec 3, 2005
Steve Evans":1xrt1pbz said:
loyal1970":1xrt1pbz said:
what racism ?
i read that one or more persons shouted " eff off back to scotland".
OMG really?
And that's racism now?
No more jokes about the Englishman, Scotsman, Welsh and Irishman then.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
DJG - We live in a different age, if you want to call Derek Adams a **** (insert for the word of your choice) you are rude/yob/expressing your opinion. If you call Derek Adams a Scottish **** you can be deemed by some as being racist.
The sentiment of the statement is correct, the timing of it is however not very well thought out.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
being abusive is wrong and unjustifiable.booing off the players and management after dismal performances happens at every club on the planet.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
djg145":2w3idqoa said:
Steve Evans":2w3idqoa said:
loyal1970":2w3idqoa said:
what racism ?
OMG really?
And that's racism now?
i would say that using the eff word to galvanise your criticism of derek is the racism really.

Jul 12, 2016
LC what are you on about! This happened in a football stadium in public with a few disgruntled fans. I have supported Argyle for years and there are always insults thrown some quite humorous. Adams and the players need to man up, stop embarrassing the loyal supporters and direct all their efforts at getting us out of this mess rather than annoy fans with petty statements.

Jun 2, 2016
There's 0% evidence of any coin throwing or racism. They are convenient vague rumours , deliberately not being rebuffed by the club.
Since when can you not swear at a game of football ? Is a crowd shouting "you f-ing idiot" when a player misses an open goal, "targeted abuse" now ? Is booing now harrassment ?
Not that you are forced to sit down, is the next level of control that swearing is not allowed ?

Pilgrim = Puritan indeed.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve Evans":2hps5i4u said:
djg145":2hps5i4u said:
Steve Evans":2hps5i4u said:
loyal1970":2hps5i4u said:
what racism ?
OMG really?
And that's racism now?
i would say that using the eff word to galvanise your criticism of derek is the racism really.

Oh bugger right off you over sensitive poo stirrer

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
This situation has gone beyond pathetic now. So sad to see how this has evolved.

I wonder what the club has said to Derek. It should be about understanding why fans are upset, think about open and honest communication on how a game went, be open about the fact we are in a relegation struggle, understand that families are spending £100’s a game to watch the football, be open and explain that there are areas of the game we can improve on and we are working on that and acknowledge we are in a position that no one expected.

My irritation with Derek always has been and always will be his arrogant, stubborn and better than you attitude to football management. I don’t think he is a bad person or manager, I do think he cares about the club and players and I do think he has achieved a lot. Sadly the former attributes outweigh the latter attributes for me.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Phil Sloggett":1qda1jn8 said:
The club just seem to want to make things worse don’t they?

I understand the sentiment behind it but don’t feel it was necessary, and has actually just heightened tensions between the club and the fans.

I am feeling very disillusioned with the club right now.

Exactly this. Whatever your private thoughts are, never, ever, go public in writing and criticise your customers. The business world is littered with examples of this happening and it going horribly wrong. Because at the end of the day, PAFC is a business and the fans are its customer base.

Any decent PR/marketing professional knows this. You simply don't do it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Tony_Flags":2sfofh6d said:
This situation has gone beyond pathetic now. So sad to see how this has evolved.

I wonder what the club has said to Derek. It should be about understanding why fans are upset, think about open and honest communication on how a game went, be open about the fact we are in a relegation struggle, understand that families are spending £100’s a game to watch the football, be open and explain that there are areas of the game we can improve on and we are working on that and acknowledge we are in a position that no one expected.

My irritation with Derek always has been and always will be his arrogant, stubborn and better than you attitude to football management. I don’t think he is a bad person or manager, I do think he cares about the club and players and I do think he has achieved a lot. Sadly the former attributes outweigh the latter attributes for me.

Adams is all me me me. What he’s achieved, what he deserves etc. That obviously gets thrusted into the board and they buy into it because they aren’t capable or qualified to question it.

Headless and pretty surreal

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
dunlop":1eqbu2jf said:
Steve Evans":1eqbu2jf said:
nikkk":1eqbu2jf said:
I've been saying it for years. Argyle need a professional, experienced in football, PR person. That would stop this kind of nonsense getting put out !
imagine the cost of that at a small struggling club!

A good professional PR person would do wonders for this football it would be a small price to pay.
how would argyle be able to fund the wages?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Steve Evans":1366h3sv said:
dunlop":1366h3sv said:
Steve Evans":1366h3sv said:
nikkk":1366h3sv said:
I've been saying it for years. Argyle need a professional, experienced in football, PR person. That would stop this kind of nonsense getting put out !

A good professional PR person would do wonders for this football it would be a small price to pay.

Double him up as a centre back can’t do any worse than we have already.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve Evans":2ryhg2bc said:
dunlop":2ryhg2bc said:
Steve Evans":2ryhg2bc said:
nikkk":2ryhg2bc said:

Are we still in administration or something?

Contrary to popular believe we can and do operate in the black. We aren’t on shoestrings for everything even thou some would believe with the current setup.

If we can’t afford £22-25k a year for a role in PR then what Hope do we have.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Release Ainsworth we could have 4 PR people on the books and still be be better off.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
I can forgive the 'yobs' comment as possibly that was said in the heat of the moment at the end of a match.

But the 'cowards' wording, and then this Club Statement - someone presumably has reviewed these and thought "Yes, those are reasonable things to publish on the Club's website, in the PAFC's name". And so they're out there for all to see, formally endorsed by the club.

The result? A further wedge is driven between the Club and its supporters, people who pay handsomely to watch and support their team.

These actions will have exactly the opposite effect intended.