Club Statement on abuse of staff | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’m really struggling to see the problem with the statement as well. Glad it’s not just me.

Aug 5, 2015
Usually when a player is banned it comes with a club fine. I don’t know if that happened to Adams or not. If he steps out of line it’s up to his employer to deal with him, nobody else.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
rongreenblood":10rs8i1s said:
I think i remember when Adams joined Argyle,a Ross county fan said that he(Adams) would split the fanbase,it seems that that is the case.

It is a shame that the Chairman didn’t contemplate this possibility when handing him a 5 year contract.

We often hear about how delicately poised the club’s finances are and how we need to be prudent with our expenditure.

On that basis I find the situation that our manager has 4.5 years left on his contract whilst underperforming massively rather reckless.

Before anyone asks, no, I wasn’t pleased when the deal was announced.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Derek has only gone and told the teacher about name calling :oops:

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen

Taxi for Adams !

Aug 27, 2016
With the club issuing inflammatory statements which will only alienate the fans this could turn into a situation such as what happened at Blackpool FC,which they still haven’t recovered from.I think the statement was diabolical and probably came from a recently appointed member of the Argyle hirearky.”

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Hedgehoghouse":1ccjyhkj said:
With the club issuing inflammatory statements which will only alienate the fans this could turn into a situation such as what happened at Blackpool FC,which they still haven’t recovered from.I think the statement was diabolical and probably came from a recently appointed member of the Argyle hirearky.”

Congratulations. You win most ridiculous post of the day. Competition was very stiff today but good on you, you went above and beyond!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Blackpool fans boycotted because their owners had siphoned away 30 odd million quid from the club, not because they’d issued a statement urging supporters not to verbally abuse employees.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I don't think the Herald is helping the situation with their inflammatory articles this season.
Their latest is 'don't bite the hand that feeds' which is ironic given they rely heavily on Argyle news.

This season the Herald has settled on two attack dog journalists who criticise almost every aspect of the club in an effort to whip up debate in the comments section = clickbait.
These two journos rarely set foot in Home Park for interviews.

Meanwhile Chris Errington, the one journo who faces club staff and officials, distances himself from the two rabid journos by publishing considered and reasonable articles.

It's an odd situation at Herald towers.

Today's silly statement from the club has played right into the hands of the Herald who are whipping up a storm even more.

May 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":1x4f64jl said:
I don't think the Herald is helping the situation with their inflammatory articles this season.
Their latest is 'don't bite the hand that feeds' which is ironic given they rely heavily on Argyle news.

This season the Herald has settled on two attack dog journalists who criticise almost every aspect of the club in an effort to whip up debate in the comments section = clickbait.
These two journos rarely set foot in Home Park for interviews.

Meanwhile Chris Errington, the one journo who faces club staff and officials, distances himself from the two rabid journos by publishing considered and reasonable articles.

It's an odd situation at Herald towers.

Today's silly statement from the club has played right into the hands of the Herald who are whipping up a storm even more.

The Exeter City supporting one must be enjoying the stirring.

Jun 2, 2016
jespafc":1crnxnm3 said:
I personally don't see anything wrong with this. Paying your money for a ticket doesn't entitle you to hurl abuse at members of the club. If you don't like it, stay home. I think this statement is a reasonable and fair reminder.
For any member of Argyle staff, getting abuse outside the playing arena is a total no no. As with any other company.
For players and manager, on the pitch or walking on or off, you will get abuse. It's an occupational hazard and has been for decades. Normal rules don't apply and the manager knows it.

Jul 3, 2013
I have refrained from posting on all the Adams threads regarding after the whistle happenings on Saturday. Regardless of our situation and the frustration, especially considering we should have won that game. To here a 40s something bloke call, and I quote "fudge off back to Scotland you jock fudge" is nothing short of disgraceful.
The club need to be held accountable in some respect, the location of entering the pitch and lack of player safety play a big part and will only get worse when there is a heated game or the likes of Rovers/Pompey rock up.