Club Statement on abuse of staff | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Spotlight are now ringing around for comments, so I assume this will be on tonight's programme.

May 8, 2011
Argyle are obliged to issue such statements as part of their duty of care and safeguarding of staff. There has been a notice with much the same statement outside the ticket office for quite a while.

May 8, 2011
the_corkscrew":3jfzv4su said:
Daz":3jfzv4su said:
Please don't be racist and abuse our members of staff = Argyle Soviet Union.

Gotta love it.

Where's the racism ?

Irish, Scottish and then add expletive. Go back to ‘name country’ as a couple of examples.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
I think it is worth noting that the Club Statement fails to mention anything about coins being thrown, so we can feel pretty confident that someone made this up.

If coins were thrown then this would surely have been referenced, staying that those responsible would be identified and appropriate action would be taken (and rightly so).

It appears that the ‘Yobbish behaviour’ is simply about what was shouted.

I would strongly suggest that Derek Adams never goes to one of these ‘bigger clubs’ he often refers to. If his team performed like his current side for them, supporters would make Argyle fans look like absolute pussy cats!

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Deacster":3vnjfe29 said:
Whilst of course most of us would agree with the sentiment and despite my frustration with Adams I never have and never would abuse him, this is a bad move. After Adams telling us off twice, now this, it comes across as ill timed condescension.

Can we as fans issue a statement to say that poor marking at set pieces, negative tactics and arrogance from the manager will not be tolerated at HP?
Great comment Dea. Exactly my thoughts!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Tugboat":3nyvd6x0 said:
Steve Evans":3nyvd6x0 said:
djg145":3nyvd6x0 said:
Steve Evans":3nyvd6x0 said:
loyal1970":3nyvd6x0 said:
what racism ?
i read that one or more persons shouted " eff off back to scotland".
OMG really?
And that's racism now?
No more jokes about the Englishman, Scotsman, Welsh and Irishman then.
i would say that using the eff word to galvanise your criticism of derek is the racism really.

Oh bugger right off you over sensitive poo stirrer
:facepalm:

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":124k6tbx said:
dunlop":124k6tbx said:
Steve Evans":124k6tbx said:
nikkk":124k6tbx said:
I've been saying it for years. Argyle need a professional, experienced in football, PR person. That would stop this kind of nonsense getting put out !
imagine the cost of that at a small struggling club!

A good professional PR person would do wonders for this football it would be a small price to pay.
how would argyle be able to fund the wages?

I thought ga84 was Argyle's pr person. Personally I blame all this so called unsavoury behaviour on all those 'yobs' coming down from the Grandstand. Never had these problems before.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve Evans":3gm8d8ok said:
Tugboat":3gm8d8ok said:
djg145":3gm8d8ok said:
loyal1970":3gm8d8ok said:
what racism ?
i read that one or more persons shouted " eff off back to scotland".
OMG really?
And that's racism now?
No more jokes about the Englishman, Scotsman, Welsh and Irishman then.
i would say that using the eff word to galvanise your criticism of derek is the racism really.

Oh bugger right off you over sensitive poo stirrer
:facepalm:
F word now raciest is it?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
The rules and regs are on the back of tickets I understand? & they are already up on notices around the concourses? and probably somewhere on the website?
Why release yet another statement?

All a bit hypocritical when the man in question is quoted (in a scottish newspaper) as follows:
"I do have a temper, yes, I do lose the plot now and again. That's just been my upbringing."

and another reports on Adams whilst at Hibs:

His latest suspension was a result of being reported for foul and abusive language towards referee Alan Muir during a 2-0 defeat at Fir Park on 22 January, although Hibs boss Colin Calderwood later claimed his assistant did not swear and had aimed his comments at a Motherwell player. The incident was the fourth time the former Aberdeen midfielder had been reported by match officials over a three-year period, meaning his situation was automatically discussed by the Scottish Football Association's disciplinary committee'

and another writes:
'Adams, 34, was found guilty of 'excessive misconduct' towards a referee at a reserve game with East Fife last November'
'At a disciplinary committee meeting on January 26, that sentence was doubled to eight because the men wearing the blazers felt the incident was 'extremely serious'.'

People on here talk about being able to take it if you like to dish it out.
Perhaps they should be telling thet to Mr Adams. Seems it takes a yob to know one

Aug 5, 2015
I think it’s the kind of statement any responsible employer would put out. If you went into a hospital and told a nurse or doctor to eff off you would rightly get pood upon. Like wise station staff, shop workers etc. Why do football fans think they have a god given right to tell a manager to eff off or a coach he’s effing useless and not expect repercussions. Everyone has a right to express their opinions. That’s what we do here. No one has a right to tell someone else to eff off.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I personally don't see anything wrong with this. Paying your money for a ticket doesn't entitle you to hurl abuse at members of the club. If you don't like it, stay home. I think this statement is a reasonable and fair reminder.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Kentishgreen":3tnt5wb9 said:
I think it’s the kind of statement any responsible employer would put out. If you went into a hospital and told a nurse or doctor to eff off you would rightly get pood upon. Like wise station staff, shop workers etc. Why do football fans think they have a god given right to tell a manager to eff off or a coach he’s effing useless and not expect repercussions. Everyone has a right to express their opinions. That’s what we do here. No one has a right to tell someone else to eff off.

Why does the manager feel he has a god-given right to politeness when (as above) he openly admits to 'losing the plot' and having a temper, when he has received significant touchline bans for 'foul and abusive language' towards officials of an 'extremely serious' nature, when he winds up opposition fans who are already volatile and further incites them (Rovers last season)?

Why should a referee turn up for work and be subject to 'foul and abusive' language?