Club Statement on abuse of staff | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

A

AR09YLE

What a ridiculous message from the club. They should be trying to rally the fans.

Funnily enough this is the exact sort of message they should've posted - http://www.bathcityfc.com/message-from-jerry/

Our PR department is a shambles.

I fear there will be an ugly atmosphere when the inevitable 0-3 Gills happens tonight.

May 16, 2016
Unfortunately, the last few days have the hallmarks of a messy divorce being played out. However, Fans can rightly vent their spleens and display anger and frustration at a poor performance and express their opinions on how things are going, it's the flip side of hugging a complete stranger in the moments after the last minute winner goes in. It's Football as we know it.

There may have been lines crossed in personal abuse, I don't know what non football related stuff was spouted or indeed, like the majority, am not privvy to what's been said or sent to anyone since. It maybe that that prompted

"Occasionally, though, the passion and enthusiasm oversteps the mark and the voice becomes unacceptably abusive"

Taking out, any personal abuse, it's only right that the support lets it be known how they feel. What is deemed unacceptably abusive might be open to interpretation by some. I work on the basis of I don't give it, if I couldn't take it.

Dec 3, 2005
So are we allowed to offer our 'reasoned' opinion on the performance of the players and manager?
Are we supposed to just sit there and accept what we are given?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Bristol Rich":16vn4y74 said:
Given Adam's disciplinary record at his various places of work he is no position to call anyone else a yob. Has anyone else been disciplined for brawling at work as he has and then have the nerve to lecture fans?

Incredibly you have loons on here then saying he has high moral standards.

Win some games and do your job properly.
derek brawling at work?

Dec 3, 2005
djg145":bv0a8vc8 said:
So are we allowed to offer our 'reasoned' opinion on the performance of the players and manager?
Or are we supposed to just sit there and accept what we are given?

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
The club just seem to want to make things worse don’t they?

I understand the sentiment behind it but don’t feel it was necessary, and has actually just heightened tensions between the club and the fans.

I am feeling very disillusioned with the club right now.

If Adams is still in charge I am not sure I will attend the FA cup game against Stevenage.

I have been a ST holder for many, many years. I was at Burnley when we were relegated. I was at Rochdale when we survived relegation. I’ve clocked up the miles supporting my team.

However, it is hard to feel a part of something when the club is alienating its fans.

The team is abysmal and some fans booed and shouted that they wanted him out. In response the manager of our club calls fans YOBS. How does that tie in with the vision and values of our club? How does that tie into the ‘family ethos’?

Derek Adams is, in my opinion, an arrogant football manager.

I don’t like listening to him, and wish someone else was in charge of our football club.

He is tearing this club apart.

What an absolute shame.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It all seems and real ‘us’ and ‘them’ time right now.

Very little confidence in the management and board as of today.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Why does football claim that being abusive is simply showing your passion? Try it in the bedroom and I doubt you'll get anywhere.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Daz":1au1wnk8 said:
Please don't be racist and abuse our members of staff = Argyle Soviet Union.

Gotta love it.

Equals the NHS. Equals any decent place of employment.