Club Statement on abuse of staff | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":2zck2toj said:
PL2 3DQ":2zck2toj said:
I don't think the Herald is helping the situation with their inflammatory articles this season.
Their latest is 'don't bite the hand that feeds' which is ironic given they rely heavily on Argyle news.

This season the Herald has settled on two attack dog journalists who criticise almost every aspect of the club in an effort to whip up debate in the comments section = clickbait.
These two journos rarely set foot in Home Park for interviews.

Meanwhile Chris Errington, the one journo who faces club staff and officials, distances himself from the two rabid journos by publishing considered and reasonable articles.

It's an odd situation at Herald towers.

Today's silly statement from the club has played right into the hands of the Herald who are whipping up a storm even more.

The Exeter City supporting one must be enjoying the stirring.

Is that Stuart James?

May 1, 2011
This statement makes the club look petty and and small time. Adams is the only manager in our hardly glamorous history to cause this.

His ego is splitting the fan base.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":1nlvq7vt said:
I think it’s the kind of statement any responsible employer would put out. If you went into a hospital and told a nurse or doctor to eff off you would rightly get pood upon. Like wise station staff, shop workers etc. Why do football fans think they have a god given right to tell a manager to eff off or a coach he’s effing useless and not expect repercussions. Everyone has a right to express their opinions. That’s what we do here. No one has a right to tell someone else to eff off.

Anyone there on Saturday was were within their rights to Adams it was an Ffing shambles. Swearing isn't illegal or racist.

C

CG1983

Stiffler":3idhk7bk said:
I have refrained from posting on all the Adams threads regarding after the whistle happenings on Saturday. Regardless of our situation and the frustration, especially considering we should have won that game. To here a 40s something bloke call, and I quote "[Bad Language Removed by Site Admin] off back to Scotland you jock [Bad Language Removed by Site Admin]" is nothing short of disgraceful.
The club need to be held accountable in some respect, the location of entering the pitch and lack of player safety play a big part and will only get worse when there is a heated game or the likes of Rovers/Pompey rock up.
They should have got on with the building of the changing rooms over the summer then, like they said in the original plans.

Oct 20, 2015
Biggs":408a454m said:
I’m really struggling to see the problem with the statement as well. Glad it’s not just me.

The statement, in and of itself, is fairly harmless in isolation. As others have said, similar wording exists in the small print on the reverse of your matchday ticket, and on signage around the HP complex.

It is the context which has many people riled. After a dreadful start to the season, Derek starts complaining about the abuse he receives from home fans. As if he's never heard similar before, or dished out abuse himself.

We have a rule for our 4- and 11-year olds at football matches: inside the stadium, you will hear a lot of bad language. Don't repeat it outside.

If my kids understand this, why doesn't Derek?

Hearing DA give excuses after each match is like listening to Trump explain away global warming.

Apr 15, 2008
London
It it is referring to boos and chants along the lines of 'what a load of rubbish', then it's a tad over-the-top - fans are entitled to display displeasure at the performance of the team and coaching staff.... Personal abuse is another matter, but I can't believe it's bad enough to warrant this kind of prissy response from the club.

Aug 13, 2011
It seems a bit of a mountain out of a molehill designed to detract from the real issue, our pathetic form. But OK abuse by way of spitting and throwing coins is not to be tolerated but rather than issue club statements they ought to get the culprits isolated on CCTV and ban them. That would serve as a strong deterrent against this type of behaviour.

As regards general moaning from the stands, of course that's going to happen since we are doing so badly. Moaning is natural way for fans to vent frustrations and to stir up some reaction at management and board level to address inadequacies on the field of play. A statement of non acceptance on the other side of the coin. Discontent will always surface. If it involves swearing? well that will always happen too, it's after all not ballet. The club just have to deal with that and ensure they are serving up a better product on the field of play.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
slingsby_pobble":2el2uu1u said:
Biggs":2el2uu1u said:
I’m really struggling to see the problem with the statement as well. Glad it’s not just me.

The statement, in and of itself, is fairly harmless in isolation. As others have said, similar wording exists in the small print on the reverse of your matchday ticket, and on signage around the HP complex.

It is the context which has many people riled. After a dreadful start to the season, Derek starts complaining about the abuse he receives from home fans. As if he's never heard similar before, or dished out abuse himself.

We have a rule for our 4- and 11-year olds at football matches: inside the stadium, you will hear a lot of bad language. Don't repeat it outside.

Hearing DA give excuses after each match is like listening to Trump explain away global warming.
:iagree:

May 1, 2011
FourMarksGreen":g83csa3q said:
slingsby_pobble":g83csa3q said:
Biggs":g83csa3q said:

:iagree:

Here, here. The most sensible post in days.

Honestly some of the total bollox on here about Adams living by a higher moral code than the rest of us is embarrassingly stupid.

Sep 2, 2008
I've always thought that the best way to express feelings about a dire performance is a slow handclap as they walk off. No shouting, no abuse or throwing coins, just silence and a slow, slow handclap. Would love the Devonport and Lyndy boys to try that

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I surely can't be the only one feeling a very strong sense of deja-vu about the atmosphere at HP just now. The whole thing has a spookily similar feel to that just before Fletcher got the boot. Everyone pretty much knew that things couldn't carry on the way they were and that something had to give - it was just a question of when? I dunno, there just seems to be an air of inevitability about this whole business. I just wish the powers that be would just get on with it and purge all this growing poison. :sigh:

Aug 5, 2015
I think the FA has a rule about the use of foul and abusive language which it applies to players etc. Why do you think you have a right to use it?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Kentishgreen":1i0hr1ly said:
I think the FA has a rule about the use of foul and abusive language which it applies to players etc. Why do you think you have a right to use it?

Yes they do. As do the Scottish F.A. who felt the need to use their rules to ban Adams for 8 games due to his yobbishness towards officials.
Is this one of those 'do as I say, not as I do' scenarios?

Aug 5, 2015
No it’s not but it still doesn’t give you or anybody else the right to tell Adams he’s an effing useles Scottish manager who should eff off back to Scotland. People who think that’s alright have already lost the argument and couldn’t make a case if they tried imho. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion and to express it. But foul mouthing somebody is not on. And if Adams steps out of line then his employers should do something about it, not you or me.