Club stupidity for Exeter game | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club stupidity for Exeter game

Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Pilgrim Dan":mm9ogoq2 said:
Without wanting to drag this thread back up again, especially after a good win last night - but as the thread starter I feel its my right :think:

the original topic seems to have gone wildly off tangent, come back around again then via'd off the other way.

The original point of my post seemingly lost.

We DO need to make this a hostile atmosphere, understanding a line must not be crossed. I'm not suggesting or advocating any form of violence, flair throwing etc - but having some of our more boisterous fans (whether this is their first or 21st game of the season is irrelevant) in the block closest to the away fans instead of kids will do just that.

Too many snow flakes who want to have their usual two penneth in with criticising other Argyle fans. If you don't want to be in amongst an area with hand gesturing, chanting, colourful language don't buy tickets near the away end of derby day. It really is that simple - there is more than enough room in the rest of the ground that you can go and tut from.

Using kids as the visible barrier is just plain stupid from Argyle. Steward and police the game properly and ensure lines are not crossed, do not use kids as a way of trying to soften the atmosphere in those parts of the ground

Spot on.
We've become too family orientated. I love the hostile atmosphere, god forbid what would happen if we ever got back to the Championship. Too many people forgetting what it was actually like when proper clubs would sell out every week. Both sides of the away support very hostile and intimidating.
Families should be housed in block 5-6 in my opinion.
Football is getting way too far away from it's roots.

May 4, 2015
BradCobbs":2d5p1yqs said:
Pilgrim Dan":2d5p1yqs said:
Without wanting to drag this thread back up again, especially after a good win last night - but as the thread starter I feel its my right :think:

the original topic seems to have gone wildly off tangent, come back around again then via'd off the other way.

We DO need to make this a hostile atmosphere, understanding a line must not be crossed. I'm not suggesting or advocating any form of violence, flair throwing etc - but having some of our more boisterous fans (whether this is their first or 21st game of the season is irrelevant) in the block closest to the away fans instead of kids will do just that.

Too many snow flakes who want to have their usual two penneth in with criticising other Argyle fans. If you don't want to be in amongst an area with hand gesturing, chanting, colourful language don't buy tickets near the away end of derby day. It really is that simple - there is more than enough room in the rest of the ground that you can go and tut from.

Using kids as the visible barrier is just plain stupid from Argyle. Steward and police the game properly and ensure lines are not crossed, do not use kids as a way of trying to soften the atmosphere in those parts of the ground

Spot on.
We've become too family orientated. I love the hostile atmosphere, god forbid what would happen if we ever got back to the Championship. Too many people forgetting what it was actually like when proper clubs would sell out every week. Both sides of the away support very hostile and intimidating.

Well said both

Also glad to hear that the ridiculously placed family enclosure has been moved / closed for this game. If / when we do ever return to the Championship it just would not be sustainable where it is. The club so re-think this in the summer, especially if we go up

Sep 19, 2015
BradCobbs":11ggrfa2 said:
Pilgrim Dan":11ggrfa2 said:

Spot on.

Excellent posts! wholeheartedly agree

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Me too. How many seats in the 'Family Area'? That's quite a chunk of potential income given up through closing it completely.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Emeraldinho":wgl7q5js said:
Me too. How many seats in the 'Family Area'? That's quite a chunk of potential income given up through closing it completely.

Exeter City have almost twice as many tickets this year so they’ll have more blocks. I imagine this has more to do with closing the family blocks without the club knee jerking to the thugLites that want to pretend they want a fight.

May 16, 2016
Ade the green":3p6ybe7q said:
Emeraldinho":3p6ybe7q said:

Exeter City have almost twice as many tickets this year so they’ll have more blocks. I imagine this has more to do with closing the family blocks without the club knee jerking to the thugLites that want to pretend they want a fight.

When there's a large away Support and a higher category game, the current open to all area underneath the BP has to be rearranged to accommodate the amount of visitors.

Not just because the occasional Showboaters want to do the dance after Googling 'Intimidating Football Crowds in the 80s'.

May 4, 2015
Here come the remoaners again.

The family enclosure is / was in the right place when we were getting crowds sub 8k with 62 away fans. For games of this nature, and if we have any ambition to get back into the Championship it needs to be relocated. Block 1 would be the ideal spot

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
up stairs in the mayflower is the perfect place for the family area, ( towards the devonport)

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Jose446":o8wlbyno said:
Here come the remoaners again.

The family enclosure is / was in the right place when we were getting crowds sub 8k with 62 away fans. For games of this nature, and if we have any ambition to get back into the Championship it needs to be relocated. Block 1 would be the ideal spot

It was never in the right place, no other football club would use kids as a barrier between fans.

The people who made this decision along with our camouflage green are long gone.

Jun 5, 2010
Should be a line of stewards and police for segregation aswell like at every other ground in the country. Absolute farse, let's give them an advantage shall we

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
No family area and only one block of segregation. Common sense has prevailed. Should be nice and lively in Zoo and the Lower Mayflower. :wave:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PennyX":9q1isisp said:
Should be a line of stewards and police for segregation aswell like at every other ground in the country. Absolute farse, let's give them an advantage shall we

The configuration of the concourse at HP doesn't allow for that when there is a larger away allocation.