Club stupidity for Exeter game | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club stupidity for Exeter game

Aug 4, 2011
So you’d be happy to sit your children in there would you Ade?
Bit of a wild assumption I’d say.

Of course it’d be totally different if we were playing liverpool. They don’t come down here for games with a banner saying “we hate argyle” on it.

It’s not a wise move having kids sat in that area. I have no intention of taking pyro to a game, nor “puffing myself up” - whatever that means. Bit of a weird assumption to make.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
football-bet-data":3kwpri4j said:

Of course it’d be totally different if we were playing liverpool. They don’t come down here for games with a banner saying “we hate argyle” on it.

It’s not a wise move having kids sat in that area. I have no intention of taking pyro to a game, nor “puffing myself up” - whatever that means. Bit of a weird assumption to make.

They wont be coming with a banner saying "We hate Children" either.

Having read most of this thread, I find it hard to believe that the travelling Exeter supporters are likely to turn their attentions on to a Family Area containing young kids. If they have a history of doing that then fair enough but it seems that only PASOTI seems to believe that they do.

May 16, 2016
Ade the green":3gll96k1 said:
I have a feeling this would not be a problem if we were to be playing Liverpool in the FA cup rather than playing Exeter for just about any other reason. Saying about the families being in the areas spoken about is a smoke screen because those complaining want to move into that area so they can puff themselves up to our nearest rivals.

Those same posters are the ones who say they need pyro to enjoy themselves in an enclosed arena.

Agree, there's a lot of Big Game only Posters on this Thread. If not Exeter, it'll be possibly the Play off Semis or Wembley this Season.

I don't think the absence of a certain way of showing your support in Block 8 will boost Exeters confidence in the slightest.

Aug 4, 2011
Guiri Green":2bzw88ew said:
Ade the green":2bzw88ew said:
I have a feeling this would not be a problem if we were to be playing Liverpool in the FA cup rather than playing Exeter for just about any other reason. Saying about the families being in the areas spoken about is a smoke screen because those complaining want to move into that area so they can puff themselves up to our nearest rivals.

Those same posters are the ones who say they need pyro to enjoy themselves in an enclosed arena.

Agree, there's a lot of Big Game only Posters on this Thread. If not Exeter, it'll be possibly the Play off Semis or Wembley this Season.

I don't think the absence of a certain way of showing your support in Block 8 will boost Exeters confidence in the slightest.
How the hell do you know how many games a season I (or anybody else for that matter) go to a season? A lot of random unfounded assumptions and accusations being made, mostly from those who seem to think this is a good move, or at least arguing the fact that it’s not a bad move.

So come on, who are the big game only posters then?

May 4, 2015
theres no point in trying to reason with these fools, probably all remoaners who’ve found something else as a topic to argue about. hi

May 16, 2016
football-bet-data":i4q2z0j5 said:
Guiri Green":i4q2z0j5 said:
Ade the green":i4q2z0j5 said:

How the hell do you know how many games a season I (or anybody else for that matter) go to a season? A lot of random unfounded assumptions and accusations being made, mostly from those who seem to think this is a good move, or at least arguing the fact that it’s not a bad move.

I've no idea how many Games you or anyone else attends, but I never questioned that.

Aug 4, 2011
Guiri Green":1uscv8ey said:
football-bet-data":1uscv8ey said:
Guiri Green":1uscv8ey said:
Ade the green":1uscv8ey said:

I've no idea how many Games you or anyone else attends, but I never questioned that.
So why state there are a lot of big game only posters on this thread??

I’m totally confused about virtually every post you’ve made. You just seem to want to stir the pot without any clear viewpoint on the decision

May 16, 2016
I'm questioning the reaction to the decision. Why is it mire important to be able to intimidate the City Fans than it is to be able to get onto the backs of the Crewe Players in our next Home Game, one which is arguably as, if not more important than beating the Flagless from up the Road. A win on Saturday could potentially close the gap on the 2 Teams immediately above us.

If you wanted to create an atmosphere of note, unfurl the Red Legion Flag before destroying it in the Derby.

This whole Thread is a one game wonder for those that feel they've lost the chance to 'big it up' for one afternoon. The Club Policy of 1 + 1/2 is a bit stupid as it is, but why is it an issue only for the rare occasion of a Derby but not the rest of the Season ?

As someone said earlier, it's all about puffing out chests.

Aug 4, 2011
Would I sit with my kids in block G against Crewe / Cambridge? Yes - but would have more freedom of choice on the day

Would I sit with my kids in block G against Exeter? Not a chance in hell, and there’d not be much scope to move anywhere else either.

Is it clear now?

You’re on a different planet if you still don’t get it and I’m not going to waste anymore time making it any simpler.

Goodnight

Ps they got their flag back over a week ago. Keep up

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
football-bet-data":jbw0x4fy said:

Would I be happy to sit my imaginary children in the family end (let's not call it an enclosure like so many do)? Yes, if it was simply to watch a game of football of course. The reason I wouldn't is because of the Argyle fans suggesting buying a ticket for a child just to get into the area to do what? Have a bit of a swear! As the vast majority of football related arrests are for being drunk and in most cases these people don't even make it to the ground I wouldn't envisage any violence and any that i'd see i'd bet that it would be blue on blue (so to speak).

The other occurrence that will happen and more than likely is a flare will be set off and i'd be enveloped in noxious fumes which can and will happen in any part of the ground so you have to take your chance on that one.

I assume you sit in a different part of the ground when we play Scunthorpe for example but for Exeter, your normal view isn't so good eh!

Aug 4, 2011
Ade the green":1aiqykqb said:
football-bet-data":1aiqykqb said:

Would I be happy to sit my imaginary children in the family end (let's not call it an enclosure like so many do)? Yes, if it was simply to watch a game of football of course. The reason I wouldn't is because of the Argyle fans suggesting buying a ticket for a child just to get into the area to do what? Have a bit of a swear! As the vast majority of football related arrests are for being drunk and in most cases these people don't even make it to the ground I wouldn't envisage any violence and any that i'd see i'd bet that it would be blue on blue (so to speak).

The other occurrence that will happen and more than likely is a flare will be set off and i'd be enveloped in noxious fumes which can and will happen in any part of the ground so you have to take your chance on that one.

I assume you sit in a different part of the ground when we play Scunthorpe for example but for Exeter, your normal view isn't so good eh!
you’re talking absolute drivel. If you read back through you’ll see I state I personally wouldn’t want to sit in that block purely because I wouldn’t be able to stand the taunting if we lost.

You don’t have kids, you’ve never taken your kids to a game. I have and do - that’s the angle I’m coming from. It’s not wise to have kids nearest to the away end for a derby game - which is likely to be one with the highest stakes for quite some time.

But you go ahead in your imaginary world assuming left right and center. I can’t find any reference to suggest buying a child ticket and not using it, about wanting to take a flare. Why you feel the need to assume where I personally sit for the game against Scunthorpe is yet more unnecessary conjecture. There are some very strange posters on this thread, who seem to have a lot of hate and are putting 2 and 2 together to get 5.

May 4, 2015
football-bet-data":46rc5pwa said:
Ade the green":46rc5pwa said:
football-bet-data":46rc5pwa said:

you’re talking absolute drivel. If you read back through you’ll see I state I personally wouldn’t want to sit in that block purely because I wouldn’t be able to stand the taunting if we lost.

You don’t have kids, you’ve never taken your kids to a game. I have and do - that’s the angle I’m coming from. It’s not wise to have kids nearest to the away end for a derby game - which is likely to be one with the highest stakes for quite some time.

But you go ahead in your imaginary world assuming left right and center. I can’t find any reference to suggest buying a child ticket and not using it, about wanting to take a flare. Why you feel the need to assume where I personally sit for the game against Scunthorpe is yet more unnecessary conjecture. There are some very strange posters on this thread, who seem to have a lot of hate and are putting 2 and 2 together to get 5.
There is no point tryin to reason with some of these people, they have it in there heads that anyone questioning the clubs policy to do this are all wanting to descend into this block armed with flares ready to bounce up and down all puffed out all game and then return to our usual seats in block 10 for the Forest Green game.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
I see from yesterday's Chairman's chat article on the OS that Simon and Jane are making a trip to Plymouth for the Crewe and Cambridge games.
I'm sure that Simon will put the record straight and get the Communication out there.

Jan 2, 2019
IJN":2ohf38js said:
The site is independent of the club and I feel most members wouldn’t particularly want a print out of what they’ve said given to the CEO from a fellow member,

I personally have no problem with it but I would imagine a few might have.

It’s grassing pure and simple.