Club stupidity for Exeter game | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club stupidity for Exeter game

May 4, 2015
Guiri Green":1gjwzawv said:
Jose446":1gjwzawv said:
Guiri Green":1gjwzawv said:
Jose446":1gjwzawv said:
LOL, what a strange reply. Made yourself look a bit of a plum there.

The club have made great strides, but this decision is just baffling. A game likely to sell out, or being close to selling out will be forcing kids into blocks 18/19 and block G of the Mayflower.

Its either a club ploy to get more money (adults buying seats but not having kids with them),OR the club basically admitting the stewarding is not up to scratch to control the crowd and instead using kids as a ringfence.
Absolutely ludicrous decision, surely someone with absolutely no idea about football has come up with this?

No chance in hell I'd take my kids into either of those areas for a derby game.

Maybe I'm a open minded and decided to check Facts before online speculation ?

You didn't check the facts before suggesting the "knicker wetting" had started prematurely, and other such inferences that this policy was nothing more than a rumour. :wave:

So, is the beef about that Block having a weird 1 1/2 Ticket Policy or just that for one Game in a Blue Moon, it looks like it might not be officially open for the Blue Moon appearance of the Top Boys ?
Isn't it clear what the "beef" is about?

Few issues for me

1) Kids are being put in that area which is potentially quite volitle, you'll have 1700 of our fiercest rivals right next to them, many of whom will have been on the pop all morning. Would you be happy having your kid sat in that area? It may also be peeing down with rain, and its far from the best view in the house.
2) there has been absolutely no communication from the club about this, and no obvious reason why they would enforce such a weird ruling. They club have gone from agitating blocks 14/15 of the lyndhurst, to the Devonport end standers, and now those trying to create an atmosphere in the Mayflower. DO they want home park to be a fortress or not?
3) I want any advantage we can get over the opposition, even more so on derby day. I want the atmosphere to be hostile and intimidating for the opposition. Kids do not create either of those, so I am p1ssed off that the club is not pushing home an advantage and instead making us a soft touch and an easier ride for the away team

May 16, 2016
Jose446":3u6nh6bo said:
Guiri Green":3u6nh6bo said:
Guiri Green":3u6nh6bo said:
LOL, what a strange reply. Made yourself look a bit of a plum there.

The club have made great strides, but this decision is just baffling. A game likely to sell out, or being close to selling out will be forcing kids into blocks 18/19 and block G of the Mayflower.

Its either a club ploy to get more money (adults buying seats but not having kids with them),OR the club basically admitting the stewarding is not up to scratch to control the crowd and instead using kids as a ringfence.
Absolutely ludicrous decision, surely someone with absolutely no idea about football has come up with this?

No chance in hell I'd take my kids into either of those areas for a derby game.

Maybe I'm a open minded and decided to check Facts before online speculation ?

You didn't check the facts before suggesting the "knicker wetting" had started prematurely, and other such inferences that this policy was nothing more than a rumour. :wave:

So, is the beef about that Block having a weird 1 1/2 Ticket Policy or just that for one Game in a Blue Moon, it looks like it might not be officially open for the Blue Moon appearance of the Top Boys ?
Isn't it clear what the "beef" is about?

Few issues for me

1) Kids are being put in that area which is potentially quite volitle, you'll have 1700 of our fiercest rivals right next to them, many of whom will have been on the pop all morning. Would you be happy having your kid sat in that area? It may also be peeing down with rain, and its far from the best view in the house.
2) there has been absolutely no communication from the club about this, and no obvious reason why they would enforce such a weird ruling. They club have gone from agitating blocks 14/15 of the lyndhurst, to the Devonport end standers, and now those trying to create an atmosphere in the Mayflower. DO they want home park to be a fortress or not?
3) I want any advantage we can get over the opposition, even more so on derby day. I want the atmosphere to be hostile and intimidating for the opposition. Kids do not create either of those, so I am p1ssed off that the club is not pushing home an advantage and instead making us a soft touch and an easier ride for the away team

A bit of both then.

Jan 27, 2012
Most Exeter and Argyle fans aren't going to the game to cause trouble.

The small minority who are looking for trouble are usually
a) youths (16-22 age range) or
b) very low intelligence adults

How many are there in total out of a crowd of around 15,000 ? There may be lots of people shouting and gesturing, but I'd say only about 50 proper troublemakers in total. If the Police and Stewards do their job, these people can just be thrown out of the ground at the first sign of any disorder. The problem is then solved very quickly.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I can’t believe some people are actually drawing attention to the sparsely populated Mayflower area against Crawley and Mansfield. CRAWLEY TOWN AND MANSFIELD. Nobody derives any sort of pleasure of trying to generate an atmosphere when there’s a couple hundred in the away end. Like it or not, the atmosphere at Swindon was at least better because of the element in block G. Were lines crossed? Perhaps, but some toxicity and edginess is part and parcel of a derby game...oops, rivals game (for the pedants).

People who are seating their families in the areas next to away fans are the biggest part of the problem. There’s approximately 16,000 seats in the home end, ffs. It really is selfish. The more boisterous contingent will be there (also laughable if people think that they’ll be limited to 50) and all this will create is a situation where they are standing in non-allocated seats on the far ends of Zoo Corner and blocks E and F. If this ruins the experience for other supporters then the club only have themselves to blame.

Argyle are beyond petty sometimes. :crazy:

Jan 27, 2012
Plenty of fans (both sides) may well join in the shouting and gesturing- it makes them feel tough, but at the end of the day it’s harmless nonsense.

How many would actually take the next step and start attacking people ? Very few. I said 50, it’s probably far less than that. Those people are easy to identify and throw out.

The real problem is outside the ground where these criminals are not being monitored.

Jan 2, 2019
I cannot believe so many people are messing themselves. A toxic atmosphere is great at football, much better than all those happy clappy nonsense songs that are sung every week and passing around a silly big flag. Exeter come down here let’s make it uncomfortable and unwelcoming take three points and send them home with a boot up the arse.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
It’s the kid who ran on the pitch trying arguing louder than the majority who just want to sit passive and watch some adults get overpaid for sports, after their hard week.

I think the set up ain’t supporting the poor misunderstood kid. Thankfully.

B

Bonehead

gaspargomez":66sy4h6h said:
Plenty of fans (both sides) may well join in the shouting and gesturing- it makes them feel tough, but at the end of the day it’s harmless nonsense.

How many would actually take the next step and start attacking people ? Very few. I said 50, it’s probably far less than that. Those people are easy to identify and throw out.

The real problem is outside the ground where these criminals are not being monitored.

‘Criminals’? So you’re already assuming all of ‘these’ type of people have been convicted ? FFs.

Mar 18, 2014
you don't have to be convicted to be a criminal....................I could do some burglaries and not get caught. I would still be a criminal.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
My thoughts if we ever properly develop the corners.

1. Away fans held in "Bobby's garden corner, easy for the coaches to drop and collect.

2. Both ends to be Argyle fans, no playing into a hostile end at home.

3. This also removes the "Tunnel" problem.

4. Far easier to steward.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Some powerful arguments and suggestions here (86 posts to date).

There are probably reasonable counter arguments to this accusation of ‘stupidity’ and the club should be given the opportunity to consider and respond to this accusation.

I have copied this thread, up to post 86, and sent it to Andrew Parkinson.

It may be that someone on the Argyle staff is tasked with monitoring topics discussed on Pasoti (JamieY, perhaps) but, as stated, it does seem that the club should be given the opportunity to respond to allegations of stupidity.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
I don’t understand what is stupid about this seating arrangement if it is true. It would be equally stupid to allow the ones who wish to “create an atmosphere” (could be read as wish to stir up trouble) to be directly next to our rivals fans.

An atmosphere CAN be generated without effing and jeffing and throwing hand signals at each other from adjacent areas.

Aug 4, 2011
davie nine":1qzhls5p said:
There are probably reasonable counter arguments to this accusation of ‘stupidity’ and the club should be given the opportunity to consider and respond to this accusation.
If you try and buy an adult ticket in block G for the Cambridge game online it won’t allow you too. It states you must be accompanied by a child. If you attempt the same for block F it allows you no problem. Surely the onus is on the club to at least advise why? What incentives are there for taking kids into this block? Are there additional facilities for them like in zoo corner. Or is it just being used as a deterrent to stop adults singles being bought in that area for seemingly no obvious reason.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
football-bet-data":2mk0jwt0 said:
davie nine":2mk0jwt0 said:
If you try and buy an adult ticket in block G for the Cambridge game online it won’t allow you too. It states you must be accompanied by a child. If you attempt the same for block F it allows you no problem. Surely the onus is on the club to at least advise why? What incentives are there for taking kids into this block? Are there additional facilities for them like in zoo corner. Or is it just being used as a deterrent to stop adults singles being bought in that area for seemingly no obvious reason.

I think the reason is obvious. It is to stop knuckle draggers from moving there for one match just so they can look big by abusing the other lot in the safe knowledge that the stewards and the police are on hand.

I would ask those who want to be there for that one match why they want to do that? And then ask them to grow up and generate the atmosphere they want by singing, chanting, standing, jumping about and cheering the team on to victory from wherever they are in the stadium right now.