Club stupidity for Exeter game | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club stupidity for Exeter game

Sep 19, 2015
Why is it just Argyle that has this attitude towards using Children as shields? I have been to boisterous derby encounters across the UK and every other club seems to deal with the potential issues with relative ease? Take away the hostility and tribal instincts from these derby encounters, and all we are left with is another boring bottom division fixture. Sad times

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
football-bet-data":ideggf81 said:
if the club feels the stewards are incapable of crowd control within the stadium (only reason I can think that they would do this), they should close off a few rows of seats either side of the tunnel - absolutely should NOT be restricting these areas either side of the away fans to family / kids areas only.

A derby game is about passion, one-upmanship. It is obvious that the areas of ANY ground on derby day that will become the most heated and hostile are the areas nearest to the away fans. I can't think of any other stadia that would put kids only zones either side. We should have suitable measures in place to ensure this does not spill over into anything unlawful without having to buffer it with kids and potentially create a bigger issue than policing it in the same way in which any other derby game the length and breadth of the country is controlled.

Personally don't know if I could be in that area for fear of loosing the game and having to endure the inevitable stick that goes with it.
It was bad enough at their place and we were at opposite ends of the ground.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
PlymouthCasual":3o4160uu said:
Why is it just Argyle that has this attitude towards using Children as shields? I have been to boisterous derby encounters across the UK and every other club seems to deal with the potential issues with relative ease? Take away the hostility and tribal instincts from these derby encounters, and all we are left with is another boring bottom division fixture. Sad times
Many moons ago I went to Elland road for a match against Manchester United.
Was sat in the block right next to the away fans.
Happy days. :cool:

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
PlymouthCasual":36gixo7z said:

Exactly. Spot on.

Apr 9, 2011
I know ! if the D&Cs finest & our stewards feel incapable of handling a potentially hostile crowd lets play all our "big" matches behind closed doors OOpps only joking just in case anyone at HP thinks its a good idea :doh:

Jul 14, 2008
I guess it’s a case of Argyle and D&C police taking an overly cautious approach because they have limited experience of big crowds with potential for trouble. Bigger clubs face those kind of matches on a regular basis and so I suppose work out what works well and what doesn’t. It is always frustrating to see huge segregation at Home Park for big matches when at other stadiums you just see a line of police separating fans in much bigger rivalries than Argyle v Exeter.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Herts_Green":1kent9jm said:
It is always frustrating to see huge segregation at Home Park for big matches when at other stadiums you just see a line of police separating fans in much bigger rivalries than Argyle v Exeter.

This for me. I've never understood it, a thin line of coppers at most of the big derbies yet we always seem to have literally hundred of seat spaces wasted.

This is the very first photo that came up when I google "Celtic v Rangers separation'.
image.jpg

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":jeztn5xp said:
Herts_Green":jeztn5xp said:
It is always frustrating to see huge segregation at Home Park for big matches when at other stadiums you just see a line of police separating fans in much bigger rivalries than Argyle v Exeter.

This for me. I've never understood it, a thin line of coppers at most of the big derbies yet we always seem to have literally hundred of seat spaces wasted.

This is the very first photo that came up when I google "Celtic v Rangers separation'.
image.jpg

Isn't it below decks on the concourse that gives Argyle the most segregation headaches rather than in the seated areas?

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I guess we, or rather D&C, are just not used to them (derbies) Ian. When you think how many the Met, midlands and northern forces have to deal with, we only have two a year and not every year. Even Celtic and Rangers play each other 4 times a season.
Does seem a ludicrous idea to put kids there if true though. Would that have been a PAFC or D&C decision?

Sorry Herts Green, I've just repeated what you wrote earlier pretty much

May 16, 2016
Pilgrim Dan":1mn8p91s said:
Guiri Green":1mn8p91s said:
Pilgrim Dan":1mn8p91s said:
Forest of Dean Green":1mn8p91s said:
This is a hell of a lot of indignant thread for a rumour with seemingly no evidence?

There is plenty of evidence so pipe down with your input.

Hope you're not a Detective !

Didn't even bother replying you to your post as it made no sense at all. People filming themselves? What are you going on about.

I started this thread to see if it was true that the club had decided to put kids into Block G for the Exeter game, it seems that (first hand evidence from Matt) that they have already started enforcing this.

Quite why, and where the communication is remains a mystery and is a puzzling decision unless the club release a statement justifying it. Would be the last place they should be considering for kids to go for ANY game - least of all the Devon derby :thumbdown:

The only 'evidence' is you starting a Thread claiming you were told by a Steward - nothing else. The guy that sits there, not too far from the Players guests apparently, saw some unsavoury stuff during the Newport game, he's not been told anything by the Club either.

To find out if it's true, try emailing the Club and letting us all know. I expect you've already done that. Maybe just before the tickets go on sale, the Club will say something.

Edited to add that rather than speculate, I just checked the Ticketing Website for the next few Home Games and did indeed eventually get a message to say that no single Adults can be bought, only Adult + U18. So it is indeed a general Policy and not just for the Duration.

May 4, 2015
LOL, what a strange reply. Made yourself look a bit of a plum there.

The club have made great strides, but this decision is just baffling. A game likely to sell out, or being close to selling out will be forcing kids into blocks 18/19 and block G of the Mayflower.

Its either a club ploy to get more money (adults buying seats but not having kids with them),OR the club basically admitting the stewarding is not up to scratch to control the crowd and instead using kids as a ringfence.
Absolutely ludicrous decision, surely someone with absolutely no idea about football has come up with this?

No chance in hell I'd take my kids into either of those areas for a derby game.

May 16, 2016
Jose446":2emxsmyu said:

The club have made great strides, but this decision is just baffling. A game likely to sell out, or being close to selling out will be forcing kids into blocks 18/19 and block G of the Mayflower.

Its either a club ploy to get more money (adults buying seats but not having kids with them),OR the club basically admitting the stewarding is not up to scratch to control the crowd and instead using kids as a ringfence.
Absolutely ludicrous decision, surely someone with absolutely no idea about football has come up with this?

Maybe I'm a open minded and decided to check Facts before online speculation ?

May 4, 2015
Guiri Green":260m3rfr said:
Jose446":260m3rfr said:

You didn't check the facts before suggesting the "knicker wetting" had started prematurely, and other such inferences that this policy was nothing more than a rumour. :wave:

May 16, 2016
Jose446":20r21rk0 said:
Guiri Green":20r21rk0 said:
Jose446":20r21rk0 said:

You didn't check the facts before suggesting the "knicker wetting" had started prematurely, and other such inferences that this policy was nothing more than a rumour. :wave:

Not quite what I said but, well done.

So, is the beef about that Block having a weird 1 1/2 Ticket Policy or just that for one Game in a Blue Moon, it looks like it might not be officially open for the Blue Moon appearance of the Top Boys ?