Club stupidity for Exeter game | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club stupidity for Exeter game

Aug 10, 2006
who is in charge of the ground is it that beck fellow, well whoever it is needs to go around the country looking at how other clubs do it pathetic.

Aug 4, 2011
Can’t find anything official, but fiends have said that using their flexi tickets and were told block G is out of bounds unless you buy a child and adult ticket together.

If the club are enforcing this, then they really should be advising just why the decision has been made and ensuring any families / adults with young kids know exactly where they will be sitting. Taking away the proximity to away fans they’ll also be seated in a totally uncovered part of the ground. I hope the club think twice about this, or at least provide justifiable reason if they are to proceed.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
The club does realise how crucial this fixture might be, not just because it is against the Chinos?
The atmosphere needs to be passionate and intimidating (without crossing the line).
Given how high emotions will be running I do question the logic of using families as 'natural buffers' between hostile sets of supporters (if the rumours are to be believed).
I hope for the club's sake that any such decision doesn't come back to bite them.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
loyal1970":3ol6kcet said:
who is in charge of the ground is it that beck fellow, well whoever it is needs to go around the country looking at how other clubs do it pathetic.

Away fans were moved a few years ago at Selhurst Park from beside the Holmesdale Fanatics corner to an area next to the family section. There are now no flashpoints anymore and it means all songs and chants that are sung on the Holmesdale are now all Palace songs rather than anti opponent stuff.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
football-bet-data":1kjzb86g said:
Can’t find anything official, but fiends have said that using their flexi tickets and were told block G is out of bounds unless you buy a child and adult ticket together.

If the club are enforcing this, then they really should be advising just why the decision has been made and ensuring any families / adults with young kids know exactly where they will be sitting. Taking away the proximity to away fans they’ll also be seated in a totally uncovered part of the ground. I hope the club think twice about this, or at least provide justifiable reason if they are to proceed.

Tickets aren’t out yet

May 16, 2016
I'd like to think that the Players and Management would be sufficiently motivated for this one considering the Crowd expectations and poor display in the 1st Leg of the Expressway Derby. They shouldn't have to have to rely on a Block full of Part Timers making obscene Hand Gestures to the City Fans while trying to remain stood up.

If the rest of the Support can't conjure up an atmosphere worthy of the Game, then maybe the Music should be louder.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Guiri Green":ssgn1rp6 said:
I'd like to think that the Players and Management would be sufficiently motivated for this one considering the Crowd expectations and poor display in the 1st Leg of the Expressway Derby. They shouldn't have to have to rely on a Block full of Part Timers making obscene Hand Gestures to the City Fans while trying to remain stood up.

If the rest of the Support can't conjure up an atmosphere worthy of the Game, then maybe the Music should be louder.

Its not just about that though is it?
Those part timers will turn up regardless. If the club willfully use families to try to separate the two sets of knuckleheads then they could easily end up counting the costs

Aug 4, 2011
dazzy3000":n4pdonvs said:
football-bet-data":n4pdonvs said:

Tickets aren’t out yet
I think if you have a flexi ticket you can exchange it for tickets for any game in advance

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
football-bet-data":2bax46d3 said:
dazzy3000":2bax46d3 said:
football-bet-data":2bax46d3 said:

Tickets aren’t out yet
I think if you have a flexi ticket you can exchange it for tickets for any game in advance

Ah ok I see. Must have to call in.

Anyways, such an attempt to kill the atmosphere club would not surprise me one bit :(

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
You honestly think the club WANTS to kill the atmosphere? I mean, is this some strange conspiracy theory because if not what possible reason would there be for that? Please explain!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
A few people I know have said that PAFC want a far more sedate following these days and they are trying to create a family atmosphere rather maintain a toxic tribal line Lesley.

Whether this is true I have obviously no idea but that has been mentioned to me on more than one occasion recently and by various people on here, but face to face not via the internet.

Jan 2, 2019
The knicker wetting brigade are out in numbers again. The atmosphere for this game should be banging regardless.

May 3, 2016
Did Exeter change the seating arrangements for the home game against argyle—NO as there was no need, only argyle could think of doing this.
Some people at the club really should not be involved in football they really haven’t got a clue, a lack of official statement says it all.

Football is the working mans sport sit down applaud when told no singing come on get real.
:crazy:

Jan 29, 2020
IJN":lles165y said:
A few people I know have said that PAFC want a far more sedate following these days and they are trying to create a family atmosphere rather maintain a toxic tribal line Lesley.

Whether this is true I have obviously no idea but that has been mentioned to me on more than one occasion recently and by various people on here, but face to face not via the internet.
It seems fairly obvious, what possible reason does the club have for specifically targeting one block to ONLY sell tickets to adults if they have a child in tow.

Madness, as others have said, if they are enforcing this at least give a statement why. I can't see anyone wanting to take their kids into that part of the ground, 1) for the view, 2) for the exposure to the elements even before the atmosphere is considered.

A degree of football understanding needs to be made here, we want this to be as intimidating as possible to Exeter, any edge we can gain must be taken advantage of.