Club stupidity for Exeter game | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club stupidity for Exeter game

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Has this been confirmed then? Or is this merely internet talk?

Sep 19, 2015
Pilgrim Dan":36vnxq2u said:
IJN":36vnxq2u said:
A few people I know have said that PAFC want a far more sedate following these days and they are trying to create a family atmosphere rather maintain a toxic tribal line Lesley.

Whether this is true I have obviously no idea but that has been mentioned to me on more than one occasion recently and by various people on here, but face to face not via the internet.
It seems fairly obvious, what possible reason does the club have for specifically targeting one block to ONLY sell tickets to adults if they have a child in tow.

Madness, as others have said, if they are enforcing this at least give a statement why. I can't see anyone wanting to take their kids into that part of the ground, 1) for the view, 2) for the exposure to the elements even before the atmosphere is considered.

A degree of football understanding needs to be made here, we want this to be as intimidating as possible to Exeter, any edge we can gain must be taken advantage of.

Agreed, the usual limits obviously apply but getting on the backs of the opposition right next to the tunnel and where they warm up can make one hell of a difference in the big games.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
area51":2pvu564w said:
a lack of official statement says it all.

Sums up the madness of internet forums in a sentence. No official statement coming out over a game that is still 6 weeks away being discussed on a thread that is barely 24 hours old. :facepalm:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
My fear of us becoming a soccer club gets nearer by the day, football fans are tribal passionate, none of this hard luck old chap better luck next time.

The recent standings up issue blown out of all proportion, fans being threatened with eviction for a few choice words, what was said to Ryan Lowe at the recent Bristol Rovers game when he and their coaching staff had more than a few choice words to say to each other.

Jan 29, 2020
IJN":17zwuknc said:
Has this been confirmed then? Or is this merely internet talk?

I did say in my opening line it was unconfirmed, I heard it from a steward at the club who I would think would know for sure.

As others have backed this up it seems like it is indeed the case, I guess it will be fully apparent and exposed for its stupidness once the tickets go on sale and people are turned away from buying tickets unless they purchase a child ticket at the same time

Jan 2, 2020
Exeter have been allocated 1723 tickets, nearly 4 blocks of the barn park. It’s going to be a feisty game and certainly wouldn’t have families anywhere near the crowd action down the other end.

Aug 4, 2011
GreenWasp2":jxrmqhs1 said:
Exeter have been allocated 1723 tickets, nearly 4 blocks of the barn park. It’s going to be a feisty game and certainly wouldn’t have families anywhere near the crowd action down the other end.

Absolutely, kids would be far better off nearer the Devonport end seeing the atmosphere they can generate than witnessing p1ssed up Exeter and Argyle fans gesticulating at each other (with them sat in the middle).

This is a case of fighting fire with petrol.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GreenWasp2":318v2zre said:
Block 14 welcomes our chino wearing friends from up the A38. :cool:

May 16, 2016
area51":20231n58 said:
Football is the working mans sport sit down applaud when told no singing come on get real.
:crazy:

Working Mans Sport, funded with someone else's money - preferably a Billionaire ?

Feb 6, 2020
Hi new guy here

It's funny reading this as my daughter who is 4 is new the nursery and she came home with a letter stating pafc match day magic
Where they get to go to the Exeter game have a stadium tour and lunch etc
So this might be a reason with they are opening the family area

Twiggy

May 4, 2015
Twiggypafc":njz4mlue said:
Hi new guy here

It's funny reading this as my daughter who is 4 is new the nursery and she came home with a letter stating pafc match day magic
Where they get to go to the Exeter game have a stadium tour and lunch etc
So this might be a reason with they are opening the family area

Twiggy
Are they providing free crash helmets and body armour?

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
I’d love to see the Risk Assessment for the decision ref block G if the rumours are true.
If we can see the potential problems as lay people then what would a H&S expert make of it all?
It could easily go Pete Tong as readily as being a damp squib!