Club stupidity for Exeter game | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club stupidity for Exeter game

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Forest of Dean Green":1lbbosz6 said:
This is a hell of a lot of indignant thread for a rumour with seemingly no evidence?

Just look at the Mayor to Tranmere thread! :twisted:

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
I actually have a ST in block G and couldnā€™t disagree more with some of the sentiment on here. I believe a lot of this has come from the Newport game when there was a really vile atmosphere at times in this area, fuelled by some horrid behaviour from idiots that are easily old enough to know better. Also, the players lounge and players guest seating is in block F so Iā€™m not surprised the club have made changes to protect the players families from witnessing this behaviour.

We were going to move our seats for the Exeter game but as theyā€™ve now made these changes, which I should add were also in force at last Saturdays game, weā€™ll actually feel comfortable to stay in our ST seats.

May 4, 2015
GreenMatt":8p6ya1go said:
I actually have a ST in block G and couldnā€™t disagree more with some of the sentiment on here. I believe a lot of this has come from the Newport game when there was a really vile atmosphere at times in this area, fuelled by some horrid behaviour from idiots that are easily old enough to know better. Also, the players lounge and players guest seating is in block F so Iā€™m not surprised the club have made changes to protect the players families from witnessing this behaviour.

We were going to move our seats for the Exeter game but as theyā€™ve now made these changes, which I should add were also in force at last Saturdays game, weā€™ll actually feel comfortable to stay in our ST seats.
You've contradicted yourself, if it was already in place for the Newpoet game, then how could the decision have been made following the Newport game?

Why on earth would you purposefully chose to buy a season ticket in the area as close to the away fans, and then complain about the atmosphere around you :doh:

May 8, 2011
So all those desperate to be in Block G, what part of the ground were they in for the Crawley, Mansfield and Newport games as that Block was very sparsely populated for those games and why do they want to move seats for one game?

May 16, 2016
HC Green":6smtml4m said:
So all those desperate to be in Block G, what part of the ground were they in for the Crawley, Mansfield and Newport games as that Block was very sparsely populated for those games and why do they want to move seats for one game?

Because most of the Season they're busy filming themselves talking about the Game they've paid to watch. Its only occasionally , especially in L2 we get a chance for them to congregate for a spell of mass swearing and hand gesturing and not feel obliged to look at the pitch.

Best of all will be the outbreaks of jumpy uppy downy dancing , inviting the City to have a go and fight them (but only if they are safely behind a line of Police or separated by netting / Stewards / a big chunk of grass.

Atmospheric apparently.

metroace

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Guiri Green":kwqwpzt4 said:
HC Green":kwqwpzt4 said:

Because most of the Season they're busy filming themselves talking about the Game they've paid to watch. Its only occasionally , especially in L2 we get a chance for them to congregate for a spell of mass swearing and hand gesturing and not feel obliged to look at the pitch.

Best of all will be the outbreaks of jumpy uppy downy dancing , inviting the City to have a go and fight them (but only if they are safely behind a line of Police or separated by netting / Stewards / a big chunk of grass.

Atmospheric apparently.

You said what I was thinking.

May 4, 2015
HC Green":3484vy91 said:
I think you've missed the point of the thread and that is that the club are apparently enforcing that children should be sitting in the block closest to the Exeter fans which makes absolutely no sense why they would specifically make one block "ticket with child only" - especially the block right next to the away fans, and not release a statement to go with it.

For what its worth (not that it is any of your business) I was on the Mayflower bloc F/G for both of the Crawly and Mansfield games, and in the lyndhurst near half way for the Newport game. Is that ok with you, do I have the right to an opinion now?

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Havenā€™t read the whole thread but tried to sit there for the Newport game and me and a couple mates were told itā€™s a family area and we clearly havenā€™t got any children with us. Ridiculous.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Jose446":2bpog06g said:
GreenMatt":2bpog06g said:

You've contradicted yourself, if it was already in place for the Newpoet game, then how could the decision have been made following the Newport game?

Why on earth would you purposefully chose to buy a season ticket in the area as close to the away fans, and then complain about the atmosphere around you :doh:

Apologies, I meant the Swindon game.

We sat there for 2 reasons. Firstly my partner and her family sat in the lower Mayflower seating before being moved for the refurb and therefore wanted to move back to the same area. Secondly, the specific seats we have are the most under cover of all the ā€˜normalā€™ seats in that tier.

Like others have said, that block was near enough empty for every game up until Swindon, and I expect will be for most games other than Exeter.

Jan 29, 2020
Forest of Dean Green":1npib7p0 said:
This is a hell of a lot of indignant thread for a rumour with seemingly no evidence?

There is plenty of evidence so pipe down with your input.

Jan 29, 2020
Guiri Green":224fy9e0 said:
Pilgrim Dan":224fy9e0 said:
Forest of Dean Green":224fy9e0 said:

There is plenty of evidence so pipe down with your input.

Hope you're not a Detective !

Didn't even bother replying you to your post as it made no sense at all. People filming themselves? What are you going on about.

I started this thread to see if it was true that the club had decided to put kids into Block G for the Exeter game, it seems that (first hand evidence from Matt) that they have already started enforcing this.

Quite why, and where the communication is remains a mystery and is a puzzling decision unless the club release a statement justifying it. Would be the last place they should be considering for kids to go for ANY game - least of all the Devon derby :thumbdown:

Aug 4, 2011
if the club feels the stewards are incapable of crowd control within the stadium (only reason I can think that they would do this), they should close off a few rows of seats either side of the tunnel - absolutely should NOT be restricting these areas either side of the away fans to family / kids areas only.

A derby game is about passion, one-upmanship. It is obvious that the areas of ANY ground on derby day that will become the most heated and hostile are the areas nearest to the away fans. I can't think of any other stadia that would put kids only zones either side. We should have suitable measures in place to ensure this does not spill over into anything unlawful without having to buffer it with kids and potentially create a bigger issue than policing it in the same way in which any other derby game the length and breadth of the country is controlled.

Personally don't know if I could be in that area for fear of loosing the game and having to endure the inevitable stick that goes with it.